Comment

Re: My first build a DJ GTA

[/quote]

These rocks inside the water reminds me of Nerja, Spain :-*
      [/quote]

It was in Lagos ,Portugal.

Comment

Come on Nathan the holidays over have you finished the car yet you've had a couple of weeks ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy
          Come on Nathan the holidays over have you finished the car yet you've had a couple of weeks ;D ;D
          I haven't had much time the last few weeks but it's coming a long pretty good. Tomorrow I'll post some photo's

Comment

I hope that I can do in a year what you do in a month, you must drink lots of coffee or somthing ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy
              I hope that I can do in a year what you do in a month, you must drink lots of coffee or somthing ;D
              Lot's of red bull you mean ;D and I had pretty much time free in the beginnin to work on it.

Comment

When I mounted the hinges to the hood I saw that only a very small part of the hood was resting on the hinges so I filled up the space between so the weight is a bit more spread.

Mounted on the hinges it’s way better than before.

Then I knew where to put the “new”lock .
                With a 2 little spacers I mounted them in to place.
                Only there I ran into a problem because when I closed the hood it didn’t want to lock.

I started last week on the mirrors, I took the original one’s from the mr2 en cut out the plate that was holding the motor so I could prepare them to put in the new one’s.
                After fitting two strips in the new mirrorcups it was very easy to mount the holderplate.

And because I wasn’t happy with the gap between the door an the side fenders I added an extra 3 cm of fibreglass to fill it up, then mounted back the frontpanel and started to shape it up.
                This is one side done,(the rest will be taking care of by my painters).

When that was done I started on the fuellcap.
                Because there is a line over the whole side of the car I had to let pass it through over the cap.
                So I made a small cut at the back and heated up the cap so I could bent it the right way.
                After a little ajustment on the lock I could mount it and it works like a charme.

That’s it for today.
                By the way it's a lot more work then I expected, I think it's not possible to build this in 5 days with the same quality standards I use.
                (not trying to offend anyone, just giving info for future builders)
                Greets, Nathan

Comment

Bump..any progress?

Comment

Originally posted by realizhymn
                    Bump..any progress?
                    A lot off progresse but because of the a lack of intrest from others for this topic I didn't see any reason to post a new update

Comment

I'm always interested people here love pictures. I would like to see new progress you have made. I cant get enough of the DJ builds they come together so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by vitamixman11
                        I'm always interested people here love pictures. I would like to see new progress you have made. I cant get enough of the DJ builds they come together so fast.
                        +1

Comment

Originally posted by vitamixman11
                          +2

Comment

+3

Comment

And there you have it..

Comment

sorry if you feel that no interest in the thread, there truly is but with manic life's and kids we some times forget to show appreciation for people that take the time to do what others can only watch.
                                kindest regards and best wishes for your build, got to go now my 2 year old is demanding more coco pops lol
                                p.s please do keep the posts and pics coming

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X