My intro/build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My intro/build thread

Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I figured I should finally introduce myself and my cars.

My name is Quan, I'm 21 and live in Phoenix, Arizona. I own a military antique shop here in Phoenix and play around with music production and cars on the side as hobbies.

I have always been into modifying cars, but just more recently started looking into kit cars and how much work goes into them. It's truly amazing, and inspiring, to see what some of the members here have created.

Anyways, on to the cars...

This is my pride and joy. I've learned so much building this car. It is far from perfect, but I'm one step closer to being skilled enough to build a full on kit car in the near future. This is my 1992 Nissan 240sx.

Right after I got it, first thing I did was start to fit an S15 Silvia front end and 30mm widebody rear fenders.

The car already had an rb20 engine out of a r32 gts-t Skyline, but it was running very poorly.

I ended up painting the car blue, My first try at painting a car, as well as doing a 5 lug conversion for better wheel choices.

Threw in some Sparco's and a ton of other goodies.

After a bunch of suspension components.

Re: My intro/build thread

I got bored with the color, so I ordered a new bodykit and painted the car IS300 metallic grey.

This is with the kit mocked up.

Also got some Work Eurolines and a Rotora big brake kit.

The Eurolines were 17" and I wanted to go back to 18's, so I picked up some Volk TE37's.

Did some more interior work.

Playing around with a twin turbo setup.

Comment

One of the last times I drove the car before I went crazy with the engine.

New turbo/manifold/wastegate and powder coated valve covers.

Next to another one of my projects at the time.

We cut the stock intake manifold to mount some individual throttle bodies.

Powder coated.

Comment

New wheels again.

A glimpse of the new(at the time) daily driver.

Next to the old daily driver.

And I got bored of the color again, so this time I had it painted at a shop. It's midnight purple off the R33 skyline.

That's pretty much where I'm at with the build right now. All I have left is to get the engine tuned and put everything back together. Once I finish this car, I hope to start saving for an LP640 or F430 build.

Comment

welcome
          nice,but I like it when it was Blue.the ground package and rear bumper I'm not so crazy about.
          for a 21 years old, you do very good job!

Comment

WELCOME

I like it when it was Blue , NICE JOB on the engine install
            In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Dude! At 21 you've done more than most of us will ever do to their cars all our lives! I think you are more than qualified to do a kit - if it ends up looking as nice as your car, we are all in for a treat! Please post pics as you go along. Thousands of people follow this forum and learn/admire what people like you are doing. Peace!

Comment

Welcome..... Dan from the Nissan forums as in Mechanikdan or Redline Time Attack Dan or Dan formerly writer for Nissan Sport Magazine Dan.... Welcome... Im building a single donor based kit for the 240sx. We are about half way done. I just prefer to not tell anyone too much till its done.

keep in touch

dan

Comment

I'm going to enjoy this thread!. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
                    At 21 years old dude you have waaaay tooo much time on your hands ... Excellent work !!!
                    And your next mission if you choose to accept it is .... (insert mission impossible background music)
                    Build a twin engine (turbos too) diesel powered kit car ...

Any ways congrats for all you have done .. great work and great driving !!!

Comment

Originally posted by CARBUILDER
                      Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
                      At 21 years old dude you have waaaay tooo much time on your hands ... Excellent work !!!
                      And your next mission if you choose to accept it is .... (insert mission impossible background music)
                      Build a twin engine (turbos too) diesel powered kit car ...

Any ways congrats for all you have done .. great work and great driving !!!
                      I started out at 21 with my Camaro and did my ZL1 replica, all T-Tops and everything and painted it myself. I'm 24 and the project is now completed for now unless I begin to play with the mechanicals on the vehicle

I want to see more young people build kits.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ;D

I kinda miss the car when it was in its blue stage, but I wanted something a little more aggressive after I quit daily driving the car.

I really can't wait to get started on a kit car, but it's still going to be a while before I get started. I don't want money to be an issue during the project, and right now, it would be. I think the smartest thing is for me to keep doing research until I am financially stable enough to spend 30K + on another project. All in good time though.

Anyways, I look forward to being part of the community and spreading what knowledge and insight I can 8)

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated as I make more progress.

Comment

Originally posted by racerdan
                          Welcome..... Dan from the Nissan forums as in Mechanikdan or Redline Time Attack Dan or Dan formerly writer for Nissan Sport Magazine Dan.... Welcome... Im building a single donor based kit for the 240sx. We are about half way done. I just prefer to not tell anyone too much till its done.

keep in touch

dan
                          Hey Dan, What Nissan forums are you on?

Also if you don"t mind, could you PM me which kit you are making for the 240sx? As in which car you are replicating. I am very interested. I love the 240's because they are cheap, plentiful, and have a TON of affordable aftermarket support.

Nice to meet ya.

Quan

Comment

Welcome Quan, you have a great start in building and modifying cars! You also have an age advantage over most of us! I dabbled as a youth in high school rebuilding the 327 engine in a 68 Camero! It was alot of fun, but I wish I would have fixed the minor body and paint issues at the time!

Comment

welcome!! as everyone here says, you've done an excellent work, especially at 21. You are driven and that's a good thing!

keep it up and keep us posted.
                              Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X