K1 Attack Build Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K1 Attack Build Diary

;D good to see you are also building one , i had to stop my build to finish my 356 speedster and my 58 fairlane , since they were already almost done . will start again in feb. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by carspancho
      ;D good to see you are also building one , i had to stop my build to finish my 356 speedster and my 58 fairlane , since they were already almost done . will start again in feb. good luck
      SO I hear you have molds for the K1, Its a nice looking car Whats the price of the kit?

Comment

i am missing some pieces for the back , still have to make them first.

Comment

Hello Carspancho

What parts are u missing ??? I'm currently maling some prepreg carbon taillight pods and a few other bits... Cheaper if u wanna come in on some stuff :-) Where abouts are u ?

Comment

Hey I'm also building a K1. We had a running and driving car, but I took the engine out to install a H22 for more power. Just doing body work and getting ready to make some missing parts as I purchased my kit as an incomplete! Anyhow, Great to see some fellow admirers of the K1 here.

Comment

Hi jrslyrics
              Where abouts are u???? Let us know what parts ur short of and might be able to help out :-) Got any photo s of her complete??

Comment

Originally posted by attackbuilder
                Hi jrslyrics
                Where abouts are u???? Let us know what parts ur short of and might be able to help out :-) Got any photo s of her complete??
                Here's our first drive video. The shop is in Allentown PA.
                http://www.youtube.com/v/b0ifJGpUrOQ?version=3

Comment

I am in california. pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by carspancho
                    I am in california. pm sent
                    I didnt recieve the PM.

Gary

Comment

Hello guys

Thought i'd give a bit of an undate, for those who are interested :-)
                      I ve managed to find a bit of time for the old girl recently.... Got most of the suspension mounts on now, just waiting for the front dampers to be built and then I can weld on the upper damper mounts. The rear is pretty much done now. Got a couple of braces to go on the rear subframe, then that s done as well..

I've sized the rad and ordered a core, ouch !!! never mind, got to be done :-) , with that specced, i started making a fuel tank... Its going to be a complicated thing when its done, more joys of that to come later.

Anyway. a few pictures
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yesterday morning s job, starting the mock up of the fuel tank... Much work to be done!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres the strut brace underway, hust got to glue it together, then it bolts between the rear upper damper mounts.....Hopefully look the dogs !!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Loved the video JSr and I'm glad we have an attack build diary on here. Good stuff.
                            Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                            White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                            White Gagliardi Vendetta
                            Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

btw... where does this kit come from? were those cars also been factory build?? ( turnkeys) because ive seen some for sale, where the owners claimed that it was factory built.... if so where? an by whom?

Comment

Hello Janman92

For your info, the K1 started out as a kit made in Slovakia I think it was.. The project was then sold to K1 engineering, who currently make the car as a turnkey ' factory' only car out of the Netherlands. The turnkey cars have a 3 ltr Ford V6, the original kit was based around the Honda prelude and most kits use the Honda 2.2 ltr 4 pot... Mines a bit different in that i'm using an Audi Rs4 4.2 V8 !! :-)
                                Unfortunatly K1 engineering will not help out, or produce parts for the kits anymore :-(

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X