No announcement yet.

K1 Attack Build Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thx for the info, but their website is down....
    not cool that tehy dont help out , but i look forward to see this car finished ;9 especially cuz the 4.2 rs4 engine is my favorite one,

Comment

Nor can I :-) :-) Its all got a bit carried away recently with buying shiny bits !!! Never mind, probably only do this once, so am trying to do it properly .... Also trying to do almost everything myself which just takes ages !!!

Couple more picture for ya :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

Well bud, the attack is a cool as hell car, and do it slow and do it well. Also with the RS4 engine....its gonna be SICK!

Comment

Those welds are gorgeous
          Now building in Mooresville NC
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton
          http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton
          http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

Comment

great work attackbuilder i will also be starting to work on mine soon.

Comment

REAL nice work
              In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys :-) Have got a friend who is handy with a TIG welder which helps... I tack it all on and take it to their workshop and then its welded up on a full size surface plate :-) :-)

Will be great to see another K1 getting built Carspancho, are u planning a build diary on urs???

Got a 4 day weekend coming up so hopefully some more progress with the dry build!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys :-) Have got a friend who is handy with a TIG welder which helps... I tack it all on and take it to their workshop and then its welded up on a full size surface plate :-) :-)

Will be great to see another K1 getting built Carspancho, are u planning a build diary on urs???

Got a 4 day weekend coming up so hopefully some more progress with the dry build!!!!!

Comment

yes , i think so, i should get started in a couple of weeks, the bigest problem i see is the door hinges, do you have pictures of your door hinges? want to see what they look like

Comment

Hello Carspancho

I've kept the basic design of the original K1 hinges, but modded them where the door pivots.... One problem with the std car is the door wobble a lot. The std hinge has 2 surfaces that the pin goes through and it runs metal on metal.. I've made a trial one with 3 supports, that also runs with needle roller bearings and bronze bushes to control the side thrust.. It seems to work well, so i'll make some proper ones soon :-) The only thing is I had to do a little mod to the chassis screen support for clearance..

A couple of photo's for ya...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Did a bit of a mock up of the engine ancillariers... Gonna be a bit tight in there !!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bit more work on the column.... Just need to weld it up now...
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the pict Attackb i don't think this design is going to work on mine because i am building mine on 96 camaro so i made lots of modifications and i think the door is going to hit the ft end, may have to design my own and that is going to be a bit#% but will see thanks again

Comment

Argh, didn't realise that !!! Will be very interesting to see how that turns out !!! I look forward to seeing ur build.. I ve seen some photo s of a K1 kit on an MR2 before, and that looked quite good..

How are u like size wise on the Camaro, as the K1 is quite small !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianBurton View Post
                                Those welds are gorgeous
                                +1
                                All I can see here is a top work !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X