Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks xisco_mallorca :-)

Comment

i cut about 8to 10 inches from the front, i took out the condenser,the radiator support, i set the radiator at an angle and cut about 23 inches from the back, when people see the ft end they don't believe it was a camaro before

Comment

More Progress :-)

Been a bit busy with a change of job recently, so been a bit slow with the K1... Hopefully the build should speed up a bit from now on :-) Anyway, here s some photos of recent work on her.... Comments, as always are appreciated ( good or bad )!!!!

The MDF and filler plug for a dash board. I've bought an Android pad with 'Dash Commamder' app that should display info nicely.
        Attached Files

Comment

Told u the fuel tank was going to be a snug fit.... Put in an access panel to fit/inspect the pumps.... Last photo is the closing panel and nutring....
          Attached Files

Comment

Front caliper mount kindly drawn by a friend of mine, then made by a local engineering company...... Shame u'll never see the thing when its on!!!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Start of the dreaded bodywork fit.... Might take some time this!!! Need to finish making the rear panel as this includes the door shuts.. Then i can install the doors, then the front clam, then the dash and screen surround.. Only then can I finish the plug for the dash and take a mould from it!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thats about it for now... I hope to have the rear panel made this week, then I can start fitting that..
                The rad is at the fabricators and should be done soon along with a few other little parts..
                Hope u like it :-)

Comment

looking good don't stop remember take pictures pictures

Comment

good lord, this is so sexy. Love the dash mount.
                    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                    White Gagliardi Vendetta
                    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

hey,
                      how's it going ? any progres?

Comment

Hello Janman92

No progress recently i'm afraid :-( I quit my job about 6 months ago and have started a little business making full size GRP/Carbon F1 cars :-) That means the poor old K1 is on the back burner for a bit... Saying that, i'm just buying a lightly damaged Diablo as a project for this summer.

Guess the K1 s target has to be next summer now!!!!!

Comment

Attack builder do you have the diemensions for where you front upper and lower control arms mount. thanks Luke

Comment

How much did you pay for seats?

Comment

Hey Lukester and Quso,,,,

Sorry for the very slow reply, not been on here too much recently... I've started working for myself and been sooo busy the poor old K1 has got mothballed for a bit... Will be resurrecting it shortly !!!!

Lukester, do you still need the arm positions, if so i'll dig out my notes..

Quso, I made the seats using a mould I made from the original K1 part... I'm planning on remaking the mould soon using hi-temp resin so I can make a seat in pre preg as the wet lay is not good enough!!

I'm going to try and do a bit to the car over the next few weeks so will add some more photos soon :-)

Regards

Comment

looking good

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X