Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Attack Build Diary

Hi
    Been working on my K1 attack for about 8 months now..... Thinking of doing a bit of a build diary as i go along ?????
    Just wondering if anyone out there is currently building a K1 as i've not seen too many posts on them..
    Anybody interested in a build diary ???? Trying to be a bit 'different' with the build and re-do as much stuff as i can..
    I'll take a few pictures tomorrow and see what the response is :-)
    Ta for now

Re: K1 Attack Build Diary

Jrslyrics is building one, and as is another memeber but I do not remember his name, a quick search for "K1" on here should find you a few threads

Comment

I'm an admirer of the k1 attack!

Comment

Was a K1 fan from back in the evoluzione days... ;D it was something different

Comment

its a great looking car, I have a shop owner 10mins from me who drives it once or twice a year. Its the dark blue one with the decals on the bottom of the car. Its been all over the web, and I see it at a local shop from time to time. The owner is a great guy.

Comment

Defently, one of the best looking self build cars ever made. i wish someone would splash one,i would love to build one.

john

Comment

Originally posted by phatblackhatch
              Was a K1 fan from back in the evoluzione days... ;D it was something different
              Not to stray from the topic but the evoluzione was a dream kit for me, local junk yard has one but refuses to sell it whole.

Now on topic, definitely post a build diary. If for nothing else it is always fun to go back and see your progress no matter how long it takes you.

Comment

Originally posted by stryker
                Defently, one of the best looking self build cars ever made. i wish someone would splash one,i would love to build one.

john
                John,

If you get in contact with a member here by the name Carspancho, you'll find that your wish has already come true... he has molds.
                CJ

Comment

A few photos of work so far

I made a detachable rear subframe to take an Audi RS4 4.2 ltr engine and box :-) Also stood the rear bulkhead upright which gains me about 70 mm in the cockpit !! I made the subframe in a friends workshop, where they ve got a full size surface plate - very useful !!

Attached Files

Comment

Mock up of rear corner , uprights and wishbones are Ferrari F355, 4 pot ( 6 on front ) monoblock caliper. I had to make a bracket to adapt the radial caliper to side mounts :-) ... Not shown is the Ohlins dampers that go on it !!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Next up, off to my workshop to start on the bodywork. I ve lengthened the chassis by 120mm , so need to lengthen the bodywork accordingly....gulp. Widened the track too, so out with the resin again. Photo shows start of the diffuser mockup... A good day on this tomorrow should see good progress :-)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Proper view of rear work.. widened by about 30mm and start of rear diffuser... A good day tomorrow should see good progress :-)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Trying to make the rear wheel fit nicely in the wheel arch :-)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally for now,, AP Racings finest hi-velocity master cylinders and bias bar..... should provide good stopping power !!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you are making the car it could have been ;D
                              Now building in Mooresville NC
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton
                              http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton
                              http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X