My Mercielago LP640 Coupe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mercielago LP640 Coupe build

Hey guys, I'm starting my Mercielago build and really don't know what I don't know. Looking for any input, suggestions and parts builder you might know out there. Some things I do know is I'm starting with a 1988 Fiero 5 speed Muncie/Getrag. The power plant will be a 2001 Grand Am 3800 Supercharged series II. The body I'm getting from RobLP640 and I'm pretty excited about picking up the body this Monday.My goal with the engine is to rebuild it to be a higher revving, more torque in the zero to 60 range. Not really necessary to go over a hundred mph. Getting too old for that. So there it is any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance Dave
    Last edited by FunnyWheels; 04-21-2012, 09:27 PM.

Thanks. Tallon that's exactly the kind of info I can use. I understand there's some big problems like that but I'm hoping to buy some more detailed interior parts. I definitely appreciate your input. Thanks again. Dave

Comment

I want to see a lot of pictures of the kit once you get it, congratulations!
      Pedro

Comment

Thanks Autopro, I'm big on the picture taking but I'm having a little problem with this browser. dave
        When I go to add an image (computer or url) comes up but under computer there is no browser. Even asked my wifey and she says she can't figure it out either....Help

Comment

Hey tallon my plans are to paint this coupe orange with a black interior with orange highlights. Not trying to make it look super accurate but customize it to my taste. But I do love the pearl white and black interior, very classic. I like the bright orange because its a little "in your face" color. Lol

Comment

Use photobucket to host pics

Much better than trying to upload here

Comment

So did you get it????? It's already Tuesday and I don't see any pictures....
              Pedro

Comment

Hey guys our tractor hit a 4" water main while digging a pool this weekend so we had to delay the pick up until tuesday 12:00. I'm presently driving down the interstate 210 about an hour away. This is going to be fricken exciting. Lol

Comment

Fun times for sure! Enjoy It, and please, do tell!

Comment

I am very happy with the kit and the stretch that was performed on my 88 fiero. There were so many parts I was a little overwhelmed. I think I got everything. I am presently looking for OEM headlights, taillights and grills. Lots of grills apparently.Lol. I will need some time figuring out this picture loading process since I am use to doing it another way. The little quarter window vents were there and I thank you Tallon for pointing that out. The interior door cards were more detailed than I expected and I guess we will see how well they fit. I will definitely give you the pros and cons as I assemble it. It was shown to me what the right hand consol was with the left hand dash but it look fairly easy to move the fiberglass around. Overall I am very happy to join you in the ranks of another LP640 builder and look forward to your input and support.

Comment

Still trying to load pictures directly from my computer
                      Last edited by batbuilder; 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Try a hosting site like photobucket. Makes it much easier.

Cant wait to see your build get goin. Im excited for you! Good luck and happy building! Ill keep watching with great interest.
                        Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Comment

Right on! glad that all went well, now go learn how to post pictures It's probably easier than building a car....
                          Pedro

Comment

Hey MDMurcy2, yeah I will have to check out photobucket. Never had to do that before. Talking to a web friend of mine and he explain about the photobucket and using the URL so I think I understand it. Took the LP640 to a fabricator that works with me, Got a lot of the good ideas floating around. The 88 chassis has already been lengthened but I want to reinforced certain parts of the chassis and move the doors around to make them more effective. This is so fricken exciting.

Comment

Hey Tallon, so I'm a little confused. Are the OEM headlight buckets already covered with the glass and dropped in or does the glass lense bond to the top of the body and the bucket attach from beneath the opening. The buckets I got from Rob seem pretty nice and I thought about cutting the lexan for the opening. Obviously need the rings around the lights.
                              I need to get the pictures of the console up for you. The handle appears to be in the right place. The problem was two small areas near the end of the console. To get it right just a small amount of fiberglassing needs to be done. I don't see it as a big problem since I am not trying to make a perfectly accurate replica. But I do want to post it so you can check it out and see what you think. The overall body seems to be done pretty well. I was shocked by the amount of interior parts that came with the kit. Even the door cards seem to be nicer than what I expected.There are four different pieces that make up the interior door panel. Plan on doing some sanding tomorrow. The engine replica cover looks nice too I like the individual throttle bodies.
                              Got the 3800 engine over to a local race shop and they are going to rebuild the motor and supercharger. Got a good reference on a motor installer that tore the engine apart. Another young guy whos a tuner was recommended to me. Heard he's a genuis with the ECM more of a computer geek than a gearhead. Got some parts from West Coast for the conversion. Motor and tranny mounts,clutch, pressure plate and fly wheel. again I'll post pics when i get the picture thing going. Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X