No announcement yet.

My Mercielago LP640 Coupe build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Solrac, yeah I live in 45 minutes south of Sacramento and Rob did stretch my car. I will definitely show pics of what I did but since Rob is running a business I feel his work should be protected. Hey now I have a question do they edit my posts here because I had a reply to Solrac already and its gone? Just wondering....

Comment

i have absolutely no idea how to edit a post.. lol..
      and i am definitely looking foward for pics...

Comment

Originally posted by dratts1 View Post
        I know that GM owned Lotus for a while, but there is no evidence that the 88 suspension was inspired by Lotus. It may have been and GM could have been influenced without owning Lotus. I believe that the improved 88 suspension just addressed the shortcomings of moving a front suspension to the rear. I talked to Held and there is no advantage to the 88 suspension if you are going to upgrade to their suspension. Any year Fiero is ok with Held. If I were staying with stock track 88 is worth keeping.
        I came accross this short article on Fiero specs and they mention the Lotus designed suspension.
        Pontiac Fiero GT | Sports Cars
        Last edited by murcie-me; 04-28-2012, 12:39 AM.
        Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

Originally posted by batbuilder View Post
          hey solrac, so where are you getting your revention body? Im very new to the forum but I'm already learning a lot here. Yeah I like the 88 Fiero Formulas myself. I love posting pics but all my pics seem to be deleting themselves. Hopefully we can learn together. Thanks for lookin
          Please use photobucket for hosting pics. All you donis upload them and then you'll see 4 links below each pic you upload.

You simply copy the IMG link photobucket provides and paste it into your reply here.

And if you take pics with your smartphone , photobucket has a free app that makes it even easier

Comment

Ok Just had a long day but thought Id update whats going on with the build. Started sanding the dash panel. Also having a fabricator build a skidplate for the front of my replicar, It will be held back about 1/2 inch but will be useful when I'm not paying attention on the speed bumps or driveways. We are boxing out the front of the Fiero and running some square tubing perpendicular to the front rails to give the front end more rigidity for handling. In setting this up we realized we where about 3/4 out of square on the body to the tubing. So we unscrewed the front and dash soft mounts and the body shifted over to the right 1/2 inch. Then we unscrewed the screws at the door thresh hold and the body slid over the rest of the way. We are trying to get the body as square to the chassis as possible. Also went shopping for some seats and rims. I'd like to remove the center panels on the seat and replace it with some orange material to go with the outside. Found some Corbieu seats that look good and the seat sits low so we have more headroom for the tall people. Also found some nice rims but too small, I am thinking 20x13 on the back and 19x9 on the front. But thats not that easy to find. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated in either seats or rim selection

Comment

Hey Tallon, I figured it out.I can post pics. I'm not sure if people are going to be irritated if I post a bunch of the real Lamborghini Mercielago I saw in Scottsdale but I do think the pics are cool....

Comment

Wow, is that an upskirt photo?
                Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

He said its a real one he took a shot of.

Comment

No I started with the 88 Fiero had it stretched by Rob and body soft mounted. I have my welder friend making the body straight on the car it was a little off and we are adding extra supports, hinges, skid plate, resetting the doors. Making it so the body can be pulled and start body work. We are already sanding the interior panels. I know I still owe you those console shots. Believe me the photobucket uploading was a big ordeal for my little mind. Lol The video starts out with a shot of my fingers but it does look a little x rated. I was so excited about hearing the real deal I almost dropped my phone....

Comment

Found a seat I liked at a local race shop called Tognottis. Good place to look bad place to buy, too expensive. So I'll be searching the web for these Corbeau seats. Plan on removing the center section and going orange to match the exterior. Criterior was low seat hieght, adjustable back,no harness holes, black cloth ( vinyls too sticking in summer) and black in color. Looked at hundreds of rims a local shops. Found some I liked at Schwab Tires. Probably not going to go 13 inches wide like originally planned....too expensive. Thinking about 20 inch wheels though just wondering if thats too tall? I'll take pics you can tell me what you think....dave

Comment

Originally posted by batbuilder View Post
                        Found a seat I liked at a local race shop called Tognottis. Good place to look bad place to buy, too expensive. So I'll be searching the web for these Corbeau seats. Plan on removing the center section and going orange to match the exterior. Criterior was low seat hieght, adjustable back,no harness holes, black cloth ( vinyls too sticking in summer) and black in color. Looked at hundreds of rims a local shops. Found some I liked at Schwab Tires. Probably not going to go 13 inches wide like originally planned....too expensive. Thinking about 20 inch wheels though just wondering if thats too tall? I'll take pics you can tell me what you think....dave
                        Here is photo of Corbeau seats.
                        Attached Files
                        https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/ani360cor.gif

Comment

Hey Tallon I agree with you on the cloth but I've had so many leather seats in cars they look great but I'm always sticking to them . In my cars now I always pick a type of heavy black cloth seat that can breathe. On the sparco seats your talking about do the have the holes for the shoulder harnesses. I have a couple. Cars with the 5 point harnesses and Tgey are a pain. They look good but it's a bit of an ordeal to get everyone's seat on lol

Comment

Well today found out about the Grand Prix motor I bought as a rebuild has one of the heads is cracked. I guess its not that uncommon so we will get a new head and move forward. I was told a big problem of the 3800s where the lack of balancing the engine. So while its being rebuilt we will have the engines balanced. Suppose to make a big difference. We'll see. The front hood, rear louver and rear muffler covers were delivered to the welder. He's going a little nuts on the doors but its making a great improvement. We are continuing to sand the dash panels and trying to figure out how it all goes together. Good times.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by tallon
                              Looks a little cheaper if you just get it in "cloth."

I'm liking Sparco's sport seat that is similar to the murcie sv's. Cost a little more, though.
                              what type? link please

Comment

Ok got a little more done. Got the rear radiators with fans for the car and have them over at the welder to have the brackets done. The door hinges have been rewelded higher so when the door is open there is more distance between the edge of the front door and the fender, at the same time we cut the hinge plate. We drilled and tapped four bolts so that the doors can be adjusted and also removed from the car. The doors have to be removable so that the body can be lifted off the chassis. A;so the rear latch plate was cut, drilled and tapped so that it can be removed as well as have some adjustment.
                                I ordered some taillight housings from Rob since they don't come with his kit. After much vasolating I've decided to build the rear tailight and front headlights. I'm really not a cheap guy but paying $1600 each for the front headlights and $900 each for used rear taillights is just too much for me. I will try and assemble them as best I can. Again if there is anyone out there in Lamboland that has an alternative for that please pm me. Still havent figured out an alternative for the grills but believe me I am looking....LOL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X