Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batbuilder
    replied
    I'm finishing up my 2/3rd Tumbler replica and plan on getting back on my lambos. I had a major diversion when I built my first bike a replica for the Dark Knight and entered it in the LA Easyrider show. It won Best of Show and we got to meet Michael Ballard. He invited us to Sturgis at the FTS and I ended up building two more bikes. Well I'm done with the bikes and just have one little project to finish for a charity then FINALLY I can get back on the Lambos. Its been very frustrating putting the cars off but gave me a chance to collect some parts and get a better direction of where I want to go with the lambo buildsp. So I'm not quite there yet but hope to be in a couple months. Thanks for looking dave
    BatBuilders
    Click image for larger version

Name:	miniT leftside 013.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	377595
    Last edited by batbuilder; 02-28-2014, 03:32 AM. Reason: to add a pic

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Got the mirrors done with the electric motors from a 98 Camaro installed. The rear deck lid is made and installed and the hinging on the front hood has been reversed. Bat wings are hinged and framed.

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    So today I had a little time to work on the side mirrors and bat wings. I trimmed the edges off the mirror pieces. Grinded the area near the edges. I acetoned the edges and slipped some wetted fiberglass between the two pieces. Hopefully it will set up tonight so i can sand them up tomorrow. The Bat wings had the side pieces. I slipped the fiberglass under the side edge and then put another layer over the edge. The side piece was not long enough so I have to extend it by two inches. I cut about 3 inches off and moved it over by two inches, It will be easier to connect the pieces of fiberglass after the side piece sets up. Its a bit of a pain but pretty common on these kits. I'll try to upload more pics soon. Thanks for looking dave

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Hey pmmjarret, yeah I am definitely getting the 5 by 4 3/4 lug pattern instead of the Fiero patter. Initially I will use adapter/spacers. Eventually I'd like to get Pauls larger rear bearing and redrill the front hubs. Once I get the right rims I will extend the rear axle and fron control arms. But initially just want to get the car rollin. Looking forward to upgrading the disk brakes to 13 inch with pauls kit. Paul is going to drill the disk for 5x100mm and 5 by 4 3/4 for my latter upgrade. Not charging me for tha which is cool.
    I have found some Asanti rims on craigslist as low as $1200 and average of $2300 for 4 wheels and used tires. Weird thing about these sellers is I haven't had one return my call yet. If I have to go with another rim that will be ok... Just love those rims though.

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Hey Tallon, Yeah I ended up buying some seats from Summit. They are kinda like racing seats that recline. I have a feeling I may upgrade later but for now I am interested in getting that seat sliding and as low as it can go. They actually got delivered on Friday but I still havent open the box. Guess that says alot about how these may be temporary. Yeah I was a little surprise the rear light housing were not included in the kit. Another $200 bucks. Also did not get the part of the console that the shifter plate sits on and forms the backing for the radio. Says he has never included that and it could be made out of plexiglass. Luckily I have a lot of Lexan.dave

Leave a comment:

• pmmjarrett
    replied
    Originally posted by onewickedsvt View Post
    The r8 only shares the engine and gearbox from galardo. Other than that, nothing alike.
    I didn't say the R8 was a Gallardo platform but they do share more than just the engines and transmissions. Part of the chassis and floor pans are shared as well as a lot of the technology..... and probably a lot more little parts you can't physically see buried under the skin.

Now the Gallardo's replacement, the Cabrea and the next generation R8 as well as Porsche will be sharing a lot more and be base off of Volkswagon modular sport chassis.

Of course you'll also see bitching on the net that there is already too much Audi in Lamborghini LOL ..... Can't please eveyone.

Leave a comment:

• onewickedsvt
    replied
    The r8 only shares the engine and gearbox from galardo. Other than that, nothing alike.

Leave a comment:

• pmmjarrett
    replied
    The Murcie was largely based on the Diablo and the Murcielago came out only 3 years after Audi took over. It was most likely already well underway in design and developement at that time.

The Gallardo (5x112 pattern bolt circle) was a completely new platform that came out 7 years after the Audi takeover. The 5x112 is what Audi used on their cars. Audi R8 is based off the Gallardo.

Lamborghini was already talking to Audi before Audi took over about powering a "baby" Lambo with the 4.2 V8

Leave a comment:

• pmmjarrett
    replied
    If you can go down to a 19x 12 or 20 x 12 in that bolt pattern. Look at rear wheels for a Z06 or ZR1 Corvette

5x4-3/4 and 5x120.65 mm and 5x120.7 mm..... All the same. Just depends on what the website uses while you shop wheels.

If you find some wheels you like and need to have them widened you could try Weldcraft Wheels in Michigan.

Don't you have to give up your 1st born for Asanti wheels. Gebus they are proud of them. You can get a set of 4 used OEM 18x8.5 and 18x13 Murcie Speedline wheels with tires cheaper than just 2 Asanti wheels....... And they are also 5x120.65 pattern like the Corvette.

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Ordered a pair of seats from Summit. Looking to see how low I can go on the height since the roofline is so low on the Mercy. Started the roll cage on the inside of the coupe just to give a little safety in case of roll over. Got both batwings sanded and ready to be steel framed in. Was thinking of letting the body panel hang a little over the side piece on the batwings. One reason is a little adjustability on the gap between the body and the batwing. And secondly to allow some fiberglassing within that corner to the outside. already sanded the pieces between the side and the batwing panel so I plan on acetoning the pieces and using resin and fiberglass to bond them together.
    Had my guy sand and straighten out the outside door panels. Also tried to fit a piece of glass that Rob had given me but its not a good fit. I ordered two side door windows with the maximum factory tint. I got the electric window kit for curved glass. Haven't even open the box since I have enough to deal with. Hope to get a little fiberglassing done on those batwings and the side mirrors this sunday. Been busy at work so making time is tricky.
    Ordered new Fiero calipers, stainless brake lines and brakes. Just getting ready for when my 13" brake kit comes from Paul. This is getting exciting.
    spent a good deal of time looking for the right rims for the Mercy. Having a little trouble finding those 13 inch wide rear rims. Planning on using the 5 by 4 3/4 lug pattern. The guy from Summit said he was going to send me a link to some rims they have but never got it. Need to get something soon so I can find out how big of spacers I need. Later I will widen the axles and front control arms. Thanks for looking Dave

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    I don't know if its possible to actually fall in love with Rims but I have to say I love the Asanti rims. The new ones on their website looks like clockwork. So much percision. Beautiful. Again I just can't get my mind wrapped around the cost of those wonderful rims($1800 each) so I am in search of some used ones. The question I have is it looks like the 20 inch rims will fit my Mercie body. Are most people that run the tall rims running 20s on the front and back? Since the used rims I've seen are running 10" wide on the rear I'm thinking of having them widened to 13 inches. I know thats expensive but if I can get a good price on the used rims it seems like I am way ahead of the game. Also thinking of painting the wheel part the same as the car. First so it looks custom and second when I run into curbs I can touch them up. And I hate to day it but there's a 99% chance of that happening. Lol Thanks for all your input so far the options have my head spinning...

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Ok got a little more done. Got the rear radiators with fans for the car and have them over at the welder to have the brackets done. The door hinges have been rewelded higher so when the door is open there is more distance between the edge of the front door and the fender, at the same time we cut the hinge plate. We drilled and tapped four bolts so that the doors can be adjusted and also removed from the car. The doors have to be removable so that the body can be lifted off the chassis. A;so the rear latch plate was cut, drilled and tapped so that it can be removed as well as have some adjustment.
    I ordered some taillight housings from Rob since they don't come with his kit. After much vasolating I've decided to build the rear tailight and front headlights. I'm really not a cheap guy but paying $1600 each for the front headlights and $900 each for used rear taillights is just too much for me. I will try and assemble them as best I can. Again if there is anyone out there in Lamboland that has an alternative for that please pm me. Still havent figured out an alternative for the grills but believe me I am looking....LOL

Leave a comment:

• Bierhanzel
    replied
    Originally posted by tallon
    Looks a little cheaper if you just get it in "cloth."

I'm liking Sparco's sport seat that is similar to the murcie sv's. Cost a little more, though.
    what type? link please

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Well today found out about the Grand Prix motor I bought as a rebuild has one of the heads is cracked. I guess its not that uncommon so we will get a new head and move forward. I was told a big problem of the 3800s where the lack of balancing the engine. So while its being rebuilt we will have the engines balanced. Suppose to make a big difference. We'll see. The front hood, rear louver and rear muffler covers were delivered to the welder. He's going a little nuts on the doors but its making a great improvement. We are continuing to sand the dash panels and trying to figure out how it all goes together. Good times.....lol

Leave a comment:

• batbuilder
    replied
    Hey Tallon I agree with you on the cloth but I've had so many leather seats in cars they look great but I'm always sticking to them . In my cars now I always pick a type of heavy black cloth seat that can breathe. On the sparco seats your talking about do the have the holes for the shoulder harnesses. I have a couple. Cars with the 5 point harnesses and Tgey are a pain. They look good but it's a bit of an ordeal to get everyone's seat on lol

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X