No announcement yet.

Countach 5000s Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is ali flashing. Works a treat. Very easy to shape and form and hot glue has been burning the ends off my fingers for the past few weeks now.

Pretty much all molded now and sitting to fully kick to not warp and then pull the bucks out and start pulling a couple sets for Wayne and I....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• All the moulds have ben m,\made and had time to set and original pats pulled out and returned to their owner today.

We are now on to making the first interior from the moulds to see how it goes. First two biggest parts are in gel coat as of the end of working today. Back at it tomorrow if Wayne doesn't get snowed in tonight.....

Cheers
      Don

308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Everything is laid up and curing for a couple weeks now. Will post pics once I pull the parts out.
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• First parts pulled and ready for trimming and cleanup. A few areas of alligatoring so Wayne and i are not sure how it is showing up as we are doing the same process on every piece as well as the same process on his parts and the others are turning out amazing.... Maybe not allowing the gel coat to properly kick?? No issues at all though as these are covered so I am just going to clean up the areas and fill with some fibre reinforced paste and carry on. I am VERY happy with how the parts have turned out. Now I just need to get the Countach in to the garage so I can put these in to see how they all fit.....

Cheers
          Don

308 Ferrari replica
          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• 308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Hey Don
              I have a box on the go of foam bits for you and Wayne .
              Wow jumped right back into the fire I see !!! that's great the bumper recreation is awesome , i discovered a new trick with that foam also , the grey fiber paper side is strong enough to run on the router bit , gently of course . but this is great so you don't have to make a thin wooden pattern to router parts .

These are for the roof , they will be rails that go under roof scoop for attaching it . they have a radius on the top to fiberglass over easier .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_163217.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	477872

Comment

• Moulds on their way down to the US this week so K9COP and I can get some more built for sale for those that are interested. I am back out of fiberglassing for a bit again....

Back to finishing the 308 for this summer driving.
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X