No announcement yet.

Countach 5000s Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Don, just can't stay away from the madmechanics of projects huh! Well from the pics this projects looks pretty good although let me warn you, I picked up that 355 from Canada and it sat outside for a couple years & the rust is something to say the least. That whole car needs to be pulled apart, cleaned and put back together.
    If you can get it for a fair price grab it, look forward to your continueing build diary.

Comment

• Yeah, I am hesitating right now though as I just don't know if I have another large project like this in me. A year ago, I would already have the car in my garage waiting for the 308 to be on the road.... Now, just not sure......

I understand I will be tearing down to the frame and cleaning parts and putting back together and a certain amount of replacement will be required but the car was pretty much a roller when it was put into storage for several years and then it was put outside for a few more and that is where the deterioration came from. The engine was fully built against a g50 trans that was rebuilt. Engine ran for about 3 mins as it wasn't plumbed. Axles done, C4 suspension and brakes, rads in but not plumbed, wiring was all in but would need to go through it to confirm it is still all good. Doors hung, lids all hung. A lot of additional parts as well.

It is a thinker.....

Cheers
      Don
      308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• You know you have too

Hey Don , What is there to think about, sounds like most of the hard work is done , go on you know you want ta get into it, don't hold back.
        he who hesitates is lost, lol. Looks like it could be a Prova like mine, only thing to really fix is the low roof, I did fix mine it was pretty easy to raise up and sort out just a few cuts in the right place and all done. All I did to fix the roof was cut through the top of the A pillar and through the roof where it joins the body at the rear , just above the rear 1/4 window .Looks heaps better now.
        Graeme
        Attached Files

Comment

• Haha

You guys are killing me..... I feel like I have the two little guys on my shoulders arguing for me right now..... Do it, don't do it, do it, don't do it.....

Soon

Your body looks nice Lambolex

Cheers
          Don
          308 Ferrari replica
          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• I think you like to build stuff Don. I am 65 I look fine but feel bad. I have a brain tumor with two surgeries that lasted about 23.5 for the first, 8.5 for the second (brain draining problem), 181 days in intensive care and rehab facilities, skin problems, dizzy 24/7, headaches 24/7, ringing in my ears 24/7, Shunt in my head that goes to my stomach, can not talk or walk, eye problems, PTSD, and so on. My Brother Seabees and combat vets are in the same condition. Other than that I am doing well. Just waiting to die just like obama wants us to do. Glad the 355 is done.
            If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

• I think you like to build stuff Don. I am 65 I look fine but feel bad. I have a brain tumor with two surgeries that lasted about 23.5 for the first, 8.5 for the second (brain draining problem), 181 days in intensive care and rehab facilities, skin problems, dizzy 24/7, headaches 24/7, ringing in my ears 24/7, Shunt in my head that goes to my stomach, can not talk or walk, eye problems, PTSD, and so on. My Brother Seabees and combat vets are in the same condition. Other than that I am doing well. Just waiting to die just like obama wants us to do. Glad the 355 is done.
              If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

• How much is the countach don ? If you don't want it maybe I do
                !!

Comment

• Dave, what kind of tumor is it?

Comment

• Dave;

Good to see you are still here running around my friend. Life takes some interesting turns on us doesn't it? Take life while we can folks.

I think that just helped with my decision.

Thanks Dave. You keep going now, you hear!!
                    Don
                    308 Ferrari replica
                    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• forum acting weird and double post.

Don
                      308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Just pulled the trigger.

More updates coming in a while once I get it picked up. Maybe this coming weekend but not sure yet.

Thanks for the push Dave. You take care and talk to you soon
                        Don
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Originally posted by Don View Post
                          Just pulled the trigger. More updates coming in a while once I get it picked up. Maybe this coming weekend but not sure yet.
                          Thanks for the push Dave. You take care and talk to you soon Don
                          If there is Fiberglass repairs, etc to be done in the not too distant future let me know and I will try to make it out to the Island and do them for you.
                          [COLOR=#ff0000]
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

• Wow, thanks very much for the offer carbuilder. I will definitely look everything over and see what needs doing once I get it in the garage.

I will be tearing the project down to chassis and sandblasting and cleaning etc. and putting it back together to start with and see how the body looks from there.

Thanks much
                            Don
                            308 Ferrari replica
                            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Got my seat and my popcorn....

Guess you'll have to get that 308 "finished" huh?

You can dooo eet!

Comment

• Pickin' this bad boy up next Tuesday after work.... Startin' to get excited......

Pics after I take a spray washer to it when I get it to its new home next week.....

Cheers
                                Don
                                308 Ferrari replica
                                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X