512TR Slow Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 512TR Slow Build

Bringing my car back from the dead after a long hiatus. She actually was easy on me, I was expecting clogged injectors but not was the case. A hundred in parts to get her running again, fuel pump and sender, battery, plugs, gas filter and she fired up. Nothing fancy underneath, 86 GT 2.8 4 speed. Working on the quarter windows and back glass now, she's gonna be a hardtop.
    Enjoy the pics, regards, Vin
    Attached Files
    Remember, there is always next year.

I'm gonna really enjoy this.

Who's body is that sourced from?

Comment

Creative Cars, or Creative Coach? the panels had been around by the time I got them.

Comment

How long car has been in storage?

Comment

Quso, just sat in the garage for years, I hope to get it all the way to paint this time and I'm on a roll now which is great. Vin

Comment

Interesting fuel cell in the front trunk area. Do you have any info on it, like where did the builder get it, capacity, is it connected to the original tank ?

Comment

I designed the gas tank to fit in the old space where the spare tire was, which is now in the rear trunk. I made an actual size cardboard mock-up, which I took to the local radiator repair shop with my fiero stock tank. They made a tank from scratch and welded in a section of the fiero tank top area that has the pump opening. So the new tank uses the stock fuel pump and sender. I just needed to extend the wires and fuel lines to the front of the car and run a ground wire closer to the new tank. Thanks, Vinny

Comment

trcrazy
                nice job, what extended windshield and tray are you using
                thanks

Comment

Cant wait till see where this build goes,keep the pics coming.

Comment

I'll be making the interior over the winter. I'm starting with the Sun Visors. I slit the thread on the old visors down the edge with a razor, opened them up, removing the retaining screw
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is the tan vinyl I chose for the interior to go with the black vinyl. It has a leather -like grain embossed into it like a football. The roll on the left in the 1st picture is called SewFoam, it gets sewn to the underside of seat covers but only on areas that you actually sit. 2nd pic is the vinyl rough trimmed at 13x18 inches, and 3rd pic shows folding over the edges after applying 3M Spray Adhesive Contact Cement #45 from a can.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TRcrazy; 10-27-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Pic1 shows how I trim the corners to prevent bunching up of the glued vinyl. Pic 2 is the folded visor before sewing. And getting it together. -Vinny
                        Attached Files

Comment

Next to the unfinished Fiero Visor
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jboogey View Post
                            trcrazy
                            nice job, what extended windshield and tray are you using
                            thanks
                            The windshield is 1995 Neon, I got one complete with the surrounding sheetmetal cut out of a junk car. So thats the tray basically. -vinny

Comment

Originally posted by TRcrazy View Post
                              Bringing my car back from the dead after a long hiatus. She actually was easy on me, I was expecting clogged injectors but not was the case. A hundred in parts to get her running again, fuel pump and sender, battery, plugs, gas filter and she fired up. Nothing fancy underneath, 86 GT 2.8 4 speed. Working on the quarter windows and back glass now, she's gonna be a hardtop.
                              Enjoy the pics, regards, Vin
                              That tank looks slick. Did you remove the OEM one?
                              My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
                              http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
                              http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X