Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for some killer Reventon builds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for some killer Reventon builds!

After a year of perfecting a flawless Reventon coupe plug, the mold is done and the first body popped out beautifully! The pictures and videos are low quality because the fiberglass shop (which is in an undisclosed location outside the U.S.) that made the body took the pics and videos with a cell phone. I'll have the first body in my possession next week and I'll post some better footage.

I firmly believe that this is one of the nicest body kits in the world! I can't wait to start building!

Attached Files

Making the plug

Here is a video and some pics of the plug right before being molded...

Attached Files

Comment

Holy smokes! Impressive!

Comment

Very Nice!!!!!!!1

Comment

Nice !! What will be the cost ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fauxrrari View Post
            Nice !! What will be the cost ?
            I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking the body kit with interior will be around $8,000. I don't plan to build any turn-keys because I am 3 builds behind already with paying customers.

Comment

@lamboreplica, that's excellent work you have there!! few things, is that a katana replica that you refined, or you built from scratch? looks great. what is the donor?
              Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Comment

Originally posted by bangsters View Post
                @lamboreplica, that's excellent work you have there!! few things, is that a katana replica that you refined, or you built from scratch? looks great. what is the donor?
                Thanks! I basically made the body from scratch. I took bits and pieces from several different kits that attempted to replicate the Rev, but I ended up re-making a lot of the detailed areas.

The body will fit any mid-engine donor from Fiero, MR2, Porsche Boxter, to a custom tube chassis. The kit can even be used to convert a Murcielago to a Reventon! My goal was to have as perfect of a replica of the Rev as possible, but as a 1-piece body. The other "good" Rev kits that are available are a bunch of separate pieces (fenders, rockers, bumpers, etc.) including Katana's kit. Regardless of what anyone tells you, a one-piece body makes a build much faster and easier!
                Last edited by lamboreplica; 08-25-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lamboreplica View Post
                  Thanks! I basically made the body from scratch. I took bits and pieces from several different kits that attempted to replicate the Rev, but I ended up re-making a lot of the detailed areas.

The body will fit any mid-engine donor from Fiero, MR2, Porsche Boxter, to a custom tube chassis. The kit can even be used to convert a Murcielago to a Reventon! My goal was to have as perfect of a replica of the Rev as possible, but as a 1-piece body. The other "good" Rev kits that are available are a bunch of separate pieces (fenders, rockers, bumpers, etc.) including Katana's kit. Regardless of what anyone tells you, a one-piece body makes a build much faster and easier!
                  you did not build it from scratch, Thats a lie

Comment

"...that's a lie..."

Originally posted by kitCarVenta View Post
                    you did not build it from scratch, Thats a lie
                    Look Venta, I don't know who you are and I don't care. I'm not looking to get into a pissing match with anyone on this forum like so many people do which makes them look like douchebags. I'll say this, then I'll drop the topic and hopefully you will go about your way:

In my post, I said "I basically built it from scratch" because I had to re-do every inch of the hideous turd that I started with by piling duraglass on top of duraglass and re-shaping it myself to look like the real car. The front vents were wrong, the side vents were wrong, the entire roof was wrong and replaced with one from a G28, the doors were garbage, the rear openings were wrong, the windshield frame was wrong.... Practically nothing of the body that I started with remains!

I don't lie. I have no reason to. I spent thousands of hours of my life working on this project, so most readers (at least those who have built cars) understand why I'm throwing a pissy reply back to you after you made a rude comment like that. I don't go to your posts and disrespect you and I would appreciate the same from you.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by lamboreplica; 08-25-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Agreed,
                      it's clear your front end looks way better than most other reventon kits

I just wish you weren't so backed up with turnkeys!!

Comment

Turn Key Builds

Originally posted by Fauxrrari View Post
                        Agreed,
                        it's clear your front end looks way better than most other reventon kits

I just wish you weren't so backed up with turnkeys!!
                        Thanks, man. I'll PM you info on another builder who could get to your build sooner than I could. I've seen his work and he does an awesome job. I can get you one of these Reventon bodies and he (or another builder) could build it for you.

Comment

I think it's spelled douche bag! ;-) Awesome job on the body, it looks incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Countach711 View Post
                            I think it's spelled douche bag! ;-) Awesome job on the body, it looks incredible!
                            Thanks man, correction made. I don't know how that got past my spellcheck!

Comment

Excellent work. I always preached the concept of getting a not so accurate body and making it perfect. Love the videos btw.
                              Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                              White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                              White Gagliardi Vendetta
                              Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X