LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone.
    Excuse Jay me for the off topic. it is the last time.
    Madmods, I used an original switch to the rear spoiler.
    I added a LED on the dashboard (very discreet) is green when the flap is completely closed and red position on the flap is completely open position, she works with limit switches. (yellow rectangle).
    Thank you for your idea.
    See you soon.

Jay, the lambo would be extraordinary with this orange color.

!
    Attached Files

Comment

• A little update. Body working the front clip.

lambojayso
      Last edited by lambojayso; 01-21-2016, 07:29 PM.
      Easy does it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lambojayso View Post
        Started bodywork today and snapped one last pic before I went in.

Staring at this photo the last 1/2 hour I'm feeling less and less pity for all the work you're having to do! Really nice. Getting to this stage must be motivating. I know I'd be up a little bit earlier in the morning if I had that baby waiting in the garage. Enjoy!

Comment

• acuRas, Thanks, they say a picture is worth a thousand words. In the 1/2 hour you were staring at it, I bet you were trying to decipher what I've done to get to that point and what still needs to get done. I'm going to need all of the pity you can offer up. B/c in that picture, the car is only 20% completed. Even after all of this time and energy.

I had an epiphany the other day. I was wondering why so many kit car builds fail. And it's b/c people who start these builds including myself, had no idea what they were getting themselves into. As you probably already know, there are five phases to building a car. Fabrication, bodywork, electrical, mechanical, and upholstery. Each of which account for 20%. With fabrication being the most time consuming phase. Madmods mentioned how fab is usually the cause of death in most of these builds. And he hit the nail on the head with that comment.

In fabrication one has to frame the chassis, mount the body, build the doors, put the interior, fit the wiper, hinge/actuate the spoilers, hinge panels, fit the windshield, assemble the headlights, fab shock towers, construct radiator/fan/condenser support, and design up rotors to be machined to Fiero spec but look like Murcielago ones. And in my rare case, align and mount every single panel you see individually. Moreover, before any of the building begins, one has to spend wild amounts of money on parts. And murci-me touched on this in another thread.

So yea, this stuff is hard and should not be attempted by anyone else.
          lambojayso
          Last edited by lambojayso; 01-22-2016, 10:44 AM.
          Easy does it.

Comment

• Hello all, Jayso in particular;
            I have only one word ....it's beautiful.
            Superb work.
            I look every day pictures of this beautiful building.
            We all support you.
            Continue to make us dream.

Best regards

Christophe to France.

Comment

• Lambojayso... Come on man. Stop wasting time making this thing look so difficult. You know its not.. I mean seriously... How long do you think this one took?

Had to rouse you my friend.

Excellent work and the it will pay off when your cruising down the street looking back on these days. Keep up the good work.
              [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• This may have taken a little longer to get wrong...

The heck is that? lol

Ok enough of the eye sores.
                [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• G35Mike, lol.
                  Christophe, me done know. In my Jamaican accent.
                  Easy does it.

Comment

• I bet this F40 took ages...

I hope mine come out as nice :-)
                    Attached Files
                    [url=http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/]DNA Owners Club[/url] - DNA Kitcar Related Website
                    [url=http://www.extremeoc.co.uk/]Extreme Owners Club[/url] - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

• cdrskull, haha mine too.
                      Easy does it.

Comment

• In the process of making a filler panel for the windshield. Small price to pay for having a $100 windshield I can replace at the drop of a hat if need be.

Easy does it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lambojayso View Post
                          In the process of making a filler panel for the windshield. Small price to pay for having a $100 windshield I can replace at the drop of a hat if need be.

Is the windshield that small portion in the middle???

If so, that is a HUGE filler panel...

If I am not incorrect in what I think I see here, wouldn't that look a bit off with such large panels and such a small windshield?

Comment

• G35Mike, lol imagine. It's easier to take away from something than it is to add. It will be trimmed up nice and neat in the end.
                            Easy does it.

Comment

• Lol, thanks for clarifying. I was like, dang that's a small windshield! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                                This may have taken a little longer to get wrong...

The heck is that? lol

Ok enough of the eye sores.
                                That's a Lizardo, not a replica... http://fierofiberglass.com/Product%20Pages/Lizardo.html

Bob
                                Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                                http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X