Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris Bueller's Ferrari - 1961 GT 250 California spider AKA Calspyder

Hi guys

I just thought I would start a build thread on one of these cars as I haven't seen one anywhere on the net and there's so many people on here chasing parts and links or anything thats helpfull in order to finish there cars, that I would share every link that I have sourced over 2 full sundays laying on the couch cruizing the interwebz.

Not to mention, the amount of people chasing these cars is ridiculous from all the posts Ive seen on multiple forums.

For those people that have googled " Ferris Beullars Ferrari GT250 for sale " or " 250 GT Ferrari Calyspider Calspider Modena kitcar for sale "

...well, if your reading this around feb2013, there may still be this for sale. Its the only one available at the moment in the USA that I can find

Lady is asking $89,000

Last edited by ferris250; 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM.

I posted this build that I found but doesnt really go into great detail but it may be helpfull for some (maybe not)
    https://plus.google.com/photos/11098...873?banner=pwa

I bought my kit 50% finished and with most of the parts but was missing a few key things like the front glass and rubber (which is a Fiat 124 spider frame) and headlight and headlight buckets.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Came with alot of parts to complete it but the car has been painted and will need to be done again as there is humidity blisters forming around the front window and a few other places. The red paint was from a Honda NSX and is an orangey kinda red and not a deep ferrari red so Im going to get that rectified next before I put anymore time into it.

Someone emailed me the soundtrack for the movie the other day so I figured I would post the link for shi7s and giggles
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ

When I get a chance, I will upload some more photos and links that are relevant to the build of a GT250

Found a few suppliers of these cars in kit form

http://www.automobileaddiction.com/250gt_spyder_10.html

http://calspyderii.com/Sit_1./Welcome.html
          Last edited by ferris250; 02-08-2013, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Very very nice. Looks like you will have this together in no time. Whoever started the project did a great job so far.
            My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
            http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
            http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Originally posted by CalSpyder62 View Post
              Ferris250, I was told that a Fiat 124 is a great donor car for a lot of parts like seats, windshield and trim, top (needs modifying) door inners. Is that true? Why do you have extra parts or some great do's and don'ts.
              I havent started the car yet so I dont have many do's and dont's just yet. I have a spare top but I would need to modify it and copy mine that has been built for the Calspyder and I would also need to take the convertible top and cover piece to a trimmer (the piece that covers the top once its down) and have him copy it for you. Then you have your entire top. Your kit is identical to mine from the pics you posted

Originally posted by CalSpyder62 View Post

Any ways thanks for the link I do find it quite helpful with what I have to look forward to.

Yes I am the one who bought the car from Cliff. He resides in Idaho. He actually just sold another one to some one in Florida last week. That car was a lot farther to completion than mine. wish I would of know of it but oh well.

Hope fully the photos attached.

Thanks
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3886 - Copy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	374144

I have two spare seats (that are identical to the ones that I have in the car that have been done in Tan leather) so you would have the correct seats but you could cover them what ever color combo your doing with the car

I also have the matching windshield frame (spare one) and Im pretty sure I have a brake and clutch pedal assembly floating around

I also have the correct glass for your doors that I could trace the outline for you and you could get your glass cut to suit.

Your door striker and latches are later model mustang but I would have to confirm that for you when I get to that stage but I do have a spare set of internals for the doors floating around

I really should just sell it all as I dont need it. Its all extra stuff you order when youve forgot youve allready got it in abox. Im sure there is more...may need to go through all the boxes.

Comment

I also see that your doors have the holes to accommodate the side wing windows. I actually have them aswell

Your rear tail lights are MG, I think I have your front and rear bumper but I would have to fabricate/copy my brackets that I have incase you dont have them. Dont use the 64-70 mustang door handles...they look shi7...Im using Jaguar outer handles.

I can also trace my door inners aswell but I think the spare set I have will fit your wing windows

I also have 2 brand new head lights and surrounds in boxes that you have to cut the shape into the body and set into place. Also have a spare rear "ferrari" script for the rear.

The rear latch is MG (the button bit) aswell as the internal. I can give you the part number if you like.

Comment

I am interested in the top. Do you know what the top is originally from? I heard the frame itself is from a Fiat 124.

I am having the headlight clear plastic covers reproduced for mine.

Are you the person who restored Corvettes?
                  Last edited by hyghlndr; 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

parts

Originally posted by ferris250 View Post
                    I also see that your doors have the holes to accommodate the side wing windows. I actually have them aswell

Your rear tail lights are MG, I think I have your front and rear bumper but I would have to fabricate/copy my brackets that I have incase you dont have them. Dont use the 64-70 mustang door handles...they look shi7...Im using Jaguar outer handles.

I can also trace my door inners aswell but I think the spare set I have will fit your wing windows

I also have 2 brand new head lights and surrounds in boxes that you have to cut the shape into the body and set into place. Also have a spare rear "ferrari" script for the rear.

The rear latch is MG (the button bit) aswell as the internal. I can give you the part number if you like.
                    I am interested in some parts you have like the head lamp assemblies. Does this include the chrome trim ring? Check your email for a response from me.

Comment

Still interested in the convertible top or any good leads.

Is anyone running a T5 manual trans? It seems to be a tight fit.

Comment

sorry for the late response, weve been busy as F@#% with work. Havent even looked at my car little own all the spares. As for the T5. Its the most common gearbox used for this set up and apart from the auto V6 video I posted, every other 250 GT has run a T5

Comment

Thanks for the update, the paint and convertible top are next on my list. I need to get the transmission swap done. Mine was originally a c4 automatic. I tried to find a nice after market stand alone clutch pedal assembly for a cable activated clutch. I haven't had much luck, the after markets assemblies seem to all be for the hydraulic versions or have to use the old mustang pedal box which will requiring removing the new CNC brand master cylinder brake setup.

Comment

This is my ultimate replica - total classic .... even travelled from Australia to the USA just to see them at Pomona Swap Meet and Kitcar show in 1987.

Comment

Regarding that first pic in this thread, does anyone else feel the bumper is set too low? Or is it that it maybe needs the over riders to make it sit better?

Last edited by seriph; 08-26-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X