No announcement yet.

Ferris Bueller's Ferrari - 1961 GT 250 California spider AKA Calspyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferris 250...........VERY COOL, how much work did you do to the underhood frame to accept that beast? Oh also what is the width of your rear axel assembly from hub to hub?

Thanks and can't wait to see more updates..... mine is collecting dust right now.

Comment

I had to heat the frame and notch/round it in 2 sections for the headers. I also had to put 2 spacers on the engine mount to raise it for clearance on other components. With the power steering, I had to "CUT" and notch out the front section so that the PWR steering pulley sits inside the frame. Lots of d1cking around but we got it. Biggest problem with running the tall deck 351W...is air cleaner....you only have 1-2" left to try and fit one

If I had to do it again, I would run a 302 small block stroked to a 347 with fuel injection....so much easier.

To alleviate my deck height and carby clearance issue, Im switching over from the carb and going to a fuel injected 8 stack....Its pretyy well the only option I have unless I fabricate a low profile twin air cleaner set up to the front of the car

As for the diff, dont go off of other peoples cars, measure your body as Ive found there are a lot of copies out there and they all vary.

Next time Im up your way, I can swing by and measure yours up if you want. Maybe even give you a few build tips that I picked up along the way. and trace out all my templates for brackets that I made to save you 4 days

Matt

Comment

Dash For Sale (Modena- Original NOS)

Any interest in a Dash?

Contact me if interested

Comment

Yeah, I like this Ferrari. I,m going to visit UAE. Help me to rent a car in Dubai (here cargetsrent.com/en/p5_rates_page) I want to rent Ferrari: red or white. Help to decide what to choose please.

Comment

Hi guys
            havent had a chance to post anything as I have been extremely busy.

Since the last post, we have had a photoshoot for several magazines (one of the pics above) and it was used and featured in this episode of Man and Machine TV in Australia where Glenn Everitt took the car for a drive around Florida

Apart from that, it has sat under the car cover since.

Still need to make a few changes to the car. Has an over heating issue that I need to resolve and put the side window glass in

If you want to watch a REALLY COOL video of the car, check out episode 2 of Man & Machine TV in the link below.

LINK HERE
            Shermatt International & the 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California: Episode 2 - Series 2 - Man and Machine - Shannons Club

It also has my 1965 SHELBY GTK-950R twin turbo

Hope you enjoy

Comment

Good to hear the progress, I had a chance to see the video. You mentioned buying from someone in Idaho who had three of them. I bought his last one and have it in my garage now (still needs finished).

Any ideas on the alignment specs for the front end?

Comment

Hello 250 followers, I have painfully decided to sell my Modena Spyder. I have a ton of parts to make this package almost complete. So if any of you guys know of a serious person, pass on the word .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2234.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	855.0 KB
ID:	379721 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2196-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	379722

Comment

"Hello 250 followers, I have painfully decided to sell my Modena Spyder. I have a ton of parts to make this package almost complete. So if any of you guys know of a serious person, pass on the word ."

Hi, has this sold or is it still available? Thank you for any update.

Comment

250 Calspyder

Originally posted by calspyder View Post
                    "Hello 250 followers, I have painfully decided to sell my Modena Spyder. I have a ton of parts to make this package almost complete. So if any of you guys know of a serious person, pass on the word ."

Hi, has this sold or is it still available? Thank you for any update.

Hi, ALL yes this car SOLD immediately (Oct. 2014). I have tried several times to update this posting but have failed. Everytime I did the forgot password... it failed the 5 times attempt and locked me out.

THANK YOU (Mad Mechanics) for letting it work this time.

The guy who bought this car is having the most amazing process being done to it. I am envious ....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X