• PKovach
    replied
    How did you do the center caps?
    I want to do the same!

Leave a comment:

• Tonyek
    replied
    Originally posted by PKovach
    Any chance you could get me this information on how you mounted the body to the chassis?

I want to get mine hard mounted and want to get mibe attached so I can work on the rest

THANK YOU!
    Peter
    dude i just gave it to you, as much as i love helping. i don't have time to draw up what i did. please read the thread i pretty much done the same but a bit different. please stop clogging my build thread with repeat questions lol.

its not that hard to figure out. The info is out there, and just take the time to read up on it....
    Last edited by Tonyek; 07-30-2013, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tonyek
    replied
    Originally posted by PKovach View Post
    That would be Greatly appreciated.
    My email is pjkovach@comcast.net

Dor now my main two questions are how did you attach your rockers to the frame/body and how did you attach the body to the frame.

I have my body sitting upside down and would like to build the support structure asap but i am.trying to verify how.to best attach it
    i did something similar to Jets303 http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...ild-diary.html read his thread, pretty in depth.

where did you get your ecu reprogrammed?
    Thanks!
    Peter
    Sinister Performance, LLC. done, it. but i had engine wire harness done by reddevilriver

Hi !

Are your headlight lenses hard mounted - e.g. glued in place?

If so, can you tell me how you access your lights for replacement?

Thank you!

Also, what buckets and lenses did you use?
    Thank you!
    Peter
    my head lights were built in. i used HID projectors you can get from ebay.

Leave a comment:

• PKovach
    replied
    Hi !

Are your headlight lenses hard mounted - e.g. glued in place?

If so, can you tell me how you access your lights for replacement?

Thank you!

Also, what buckets and lenses did you use?
    Thank you!
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• PKovach
    replied
    where did you get your ecu reprogrammed?
    Thanks!
    Peter

Leave a comment:

• PKovach
    replied
    That would be Greatly appreciated.
    My email is pjkovach@comcast.net

Dor now my main two questions are how did you attach your rockers to the frame/body and how did you attach the body to the frame.

I have my body sitting upside down and would like to build the support structure asap but i am.trying to verify how.to best attach it

Leave a comment:

• Tonyek
    replied
    well the arrangement to borrow tail lights from a forum user fell through. i bit the bullet and got these older murcielago tail lights for uber cheap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-27 10.03.27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	375265
    Once i get to making mold of these. i will later make these a hybrid version of the Lp640 on to the older murcielago housing. so that you wont need to modify or cut body kit/OEM to properly fit these.

also got my reprogrammed ecu, engine harness, new carpet, etc in. still in the game to get this car finished. Slowly, but surely it will get finished. need to buy a sand blaster to cut my windshield.

stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• Tonyek
    replied
    Your build looks awesome! Could you please provide information on the FRAMING of your build? I cannot find anything on the net. I have a build where the frame is lengthened and the main frame is built, but none of the support structure is complete. Can you please provide pictures and dimensions of the work you did to support the side panels, rockers, doors, etc.? I need dimensions also, as I want to make sure mine is able to be mounted. Thank you in advance! My build is on lamboclone under PKs Build Peter
    ill try to get a diagram up to where i mounted the body at when i have some time

also for the diablo windshield glass will still need to be cut. The top of the windshield is 2 inches to high, 1.5 inches to wide, and bottom of windshield need to be cut to fender curvature.

Leave a comment:

• PKovach
    replied
    Your build looks awesome! Could you please provide information on the FRAMING of your build? I cannot find anything on the net. I have a build where the frame is lengthened and the main frame is built, but none of the support structure is complete. Can you please provide pictures and dimensions of the work you did to support the side panels, rockers, doors, etc.? I need dimensions also, as I want to make sure mine is able to be mounted. Thank you in advance! My build is on lamboclone under PKs Build Peter

Leave a comment:

• am33r
    replied
    Perfect RHK I just think the "NEVER" and "WILL need to replace it because it WILL crack" by skullangel is not a true absolute in all cases of cut windshield. Who exactly cut this thing anyway

Leave a comment:

• cutlass442
    replied
    Rhk is correct

Leave a comment:

• RHK
    replied
    I've heard a couple things - one, that there can be tiny cracks where the glass is cut, barely visible, that will expand and spider out to a visible crack in the glass.

Second, you can't mount a windshield in pure fiberglass; you have to have a steel frame underneath, welded to the chassis, and glassed into the kit's windshield frame to make it solid. Chassis vibration will crack a windshield, even one that isn't cut, because the fiberglass flexes too much.

Again, just what I've heard; I have no personal experience with it.

Leave a comment:

• am33r
    replied
    My windshield is cut what would it crack? The glass on the edges of the windshield isn't any different than that in any spot

Leave a comment:

• VF1Skullangel
    replied
    Originally posted by pparker View Post
    I cut my windshield with a sandblaster, easy todo only took about 2 hours. After some rough handling I got a 4" crack which I stopped by drilling a hole at the end however aim doubting the duriability.

You should never cut your windshield. Sooner or later you will need to replace it because it will crack just as all cut glass. Even car kit inc stop suggesting the cutting of a windshield and "Fitting" them instead.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X