Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Ashlock Builds Air Dynamics Kit

Gang:

While attending the recent Grill Out at John Watsonís Shop, I took photos of a car in John Watson is putting a body upon for a guy named Jim Ashlock. Here are some photos of the interior, engine and windshield set up. Jim installed all of the components he could from a wrecked Pontiac GP.

Enjoy!

Dave
    Attached Files
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re:Jim Ashlock Builds Air Dynamics Kit

Another from the cookout
    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I talked to John about a F355 he's putting together that has a Grand Prix chassis and engine. Maybe you could take some exterior and interior pics of that? 8)

Comment

From the Watson Cook BBQ
        Attached Files

Comment

Jim Ashlock's Car from the Watson Cookout
          Attached Files

Comment

Darn it!!! I wanted to be the first with the Grand Prix dash > Oh well. Looks pretty good. Now answer me this, How come the car has two batteries? One in the stock location, one in the trunk.
            Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
            http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RCR
              Darn it!!! I wanted to be the first with the Grand Prix dash > Oh well. Looks pretty good. Now answer me this, How come the car has two batteries? One in the stock location, one in the trunk.
              It does NOT, there is only 1 battery, and it's in the trunk

Duane

Comment

The box that looks like a battery is the fuse box from the Pontiac GP

Attached Files

Comment

Another
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice blower.

Comment

Ok, that last view is better. But is that a fuel cell in the last picture? Tell us more....

Comment

Originally posted by RCR
                        Ok, that last view is better. But is that a fuel cell in the last picture? Tell us more....
                        Yep! That is a fuel cell. Jim could drive this car on the highway if he wanted to. He put the interior of a GP in the Fiero, the engine, trans etc on a modified GP cradle. Door locks, flat floor, power windows, windshield and so on. He has most of the car stripped down again so John can mount the 355 body on the car. He is using an OEM 355 set of rims and tires, a 348 muffler set up plus a host of other goodies that will lower the car approximately 3 inches all the way around the car. The plan is for the car to be yellow like Johnís 355 presentation / display car. I think it should be a nice car when completed. More like a luxury version of a 355 re-body instead of a sport version. What do you think about the power steering and anti-lock brakes?

Dave
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking that car is going to be amazing. I'm not too sure how well the anti-lock brakes will work considering the differences between the GP and Fiero, but I suppose someone has to try it. Can't wait to see the body on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyWheels
                            Originally posted by RCR
                            Yep! That is a fuel cell. Jim could drive this car on the highway if he wanted to. He put the interior of a GP in the Fiero, the engine, trans etc on a modified GP cradle. Door locks, flat floor, power windows, windshield and so on. He has most of the car stripped down again so John can mount the 355 body on the car. He is using an OEM 355 set of rims and tires, a 348 muffler set up plus a host of other goodies that will lower the car approximately 3 inches all the way around the car. The plan is for the car to be yellow like Johnís 355 presentation / display car. I think it should be a nice car when completed. More like a luxury version of a 355 re-body instead of a sport version. What do you think about the power steering and anti-lock brakes?

Dave
                            Looks like this photo shows a different windshield setup thn typical. I watched the Madmike windshield thread, but it even looked bit different. Can you elaborate on this one?

BW

Comment

Check out how Jim installed the engine cradle. It is a combination of Fiero and GP. He chopped off the Fiero frame horns, and then attached them to the Pontiac GP engine cradle. Result: Big brakes, +3 wider track on each side of the car, no custom drive shafts, OEM Anti-Sway Bar, all OEM GP wiring is used, all OEM motor mounts are used. In my opinion, this is a real nice job.

Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X