New kit car project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kit car project

I have tried to post this three times now and keep getting a message saying has to be approved so if this is successfull I will show the pictures of my project mx5 based kit.

Okay so here we go. The build is based on an mx5 mk1. I am using the car as a plug to take a mould from. Then i will make a bodyshell and chassis that uses most of the mx5 as a donor car. OR..... do i make the kit a bolt on kit for the mx5 so people can convert their cars. I have a few issues at the moment one being the height the car sits as standard on 18" wheels. The car will need to be lowered approx 100mm or more to get the desired look. There are 100mm lowering kits for the mx5 available. If i cant achieve the desired ride height i will need to go down the route of making a shell and chassis.

So the pictures show the car sitting on blocks at the lowered height with the wheels sitting under the arches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	375824

Name:	IMG_2038.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	375825

Name:	IMG_1993.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	375826

Comment

I like the overall shape! Nice work!! Has a very 1960s vintage Italian look

If I can offer a suggestion - change the headlights , they don't work well with the vintage lines of this car .

Comment

Go with some lights from a mini or something. Pretty cool though
        [url]www.fiberclassics.org[/url]
        [url]www.miatakitcar.com[/url]

Comment

Your headlights do bring the design up to a more contemporary state. I would stay with them.

Comment

very nice idea , if you dont mind me asking are they front and rear sections off a TVR sagaris ?

Comment

Looks nice! Look forward to see more! Great respect for people who make their own design!

Cheers

Comment

Yeah I've never seen a TVR sagaris but looking at pics on google it looks just like it !!! Nice work!!

I also like the idea of using lights from a new Mini- modern lights but with a retro shape .

Maybe offer two front end options ? The Sagaris style and one with rounded Mini lights

Comment

Hi this was a sagaris bodyshell I had lying around. I have thought about light but more 350z than mini. Going for a modern sporty look. There are skready plenty if mx5 retro kits do think the market calls for something new. The sagaris shell has been shortened in the front section, the roof had been narrowed 2" raised 1.5" and moved forward 2". Lot of work but hopefully worth while.
                  Last edited by Wayneb1408; 10-22-2013, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Worth the effort, I love the sagaris and that's not far off at all

Comment

interesting, very nice design, i would prefer alitter widebody... slightly wider and the butt .. haha

Comment

The rear end is going to be chabged a fair bit to. Currently looking into light options

Comment

btw, i didnt realise there is sagaris kit available in the market?

Comment

very very nice keep us updated .

Comment

The MX5 is fun to drive and cheap to buy.
                              It drawback is that it is visually too boring.
                              If you can keep the price of your kit down and the quality of it up you are on to a winner!
                              Try to steer clear of expensive lights etc and they will sell like hot cakes.
                              Research and find mass produced stuff that suits the shape.
                              Can't wait to see more
                              Nick

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X