Amida 355 interior install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amida 355 interior install

i'm finally getting around to installing my Amida 355 interior. I actually have one of the last Watson AD 355 before he sold the molds to Bartman. It is still in the works after spending quite a bit of time at John Watson's, the WhoDeanie, and now with a guy here in Pensacola. However this thread is for the Amida interior I am putting into a low mileage 88 Fiero GT. I plan on keeping it mostly original except for a different idea for a spoiler and, of course, this interior. i was a bit overzealous with the grinder when I was removing the door brackets. However, this gave me a better seal of the moisture barrier when I replaced the bracket that was supposed to stay. I've already gotten great advice on this site and Pennocks. More questions to follow. Thanks in advance for any and all help
    Attached Files

Having trouble with the pics. One of the issues I had with the Amida 355 door was getting the door locks to move smoothly. The electric door locks didn't have the power to acutally move the rod enough to lock and unlock. Amida's door is top notch and the insulation is nicely done. However, I ended up cutting a little slot in the insulation which help the rod for the door lock move more freely. Now the electric door locks work
    Attached Files

Comment

Got any pics of the panels?
      [URL=http://siteupp.com/]Create Your Own Website[/URL]

Comment

Here are the door skins. As I recall from Amida, no one has tried the black/grey combo before. Since this Fiero had grey OEM, i decided to give it a try. Amida's grey doesn't match the native Fiero gray very well. Any suggestions here are appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

Match it up with SEM color coat. Very good product.
          Attached Files
          My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Amida's 355 center console has a parking light push button. Can anyone tell me how to splice the wiring on the OEM headlight/parking light switch to allow the pushbutton switch to also operate the parking light AND also to keep the chime alarm that goes off when the parking lights are left on?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
              Match it up with SEM color coat. Very good product.
              My thoughts exactly. SEM makes a great product.
              [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

How's your interior coming along?
                [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by sactodreamer View Post
                  How's your interior coming along?
                  Got sidetracked….I'm sure you know the feeling. If i just didn't have to go to work all the time…..Anyway. I've got some pics to update. Installed some 3.5" speakers in the Amida dash. Also I installed a Fiero subwoofer. No problem with space in the Amida dash for that. With the 3.5 speakers and the Rodney Dickman upgrade B-pillar speakers, I figured I would need a subwoofer.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice! I do know that feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by lurate View Post
                      Got sidetracked….I'm sure you know the feeling. If i just didn't have to go to work all the time…..Anyway. I've got some pics to update. Installed some 3.5" speakers in the Amida dash. Also I installed a Fiero subwoofer. No problem with space in the Amida dash for that. With the 3.5 speakers and the Rodney Dickman upgrade B-pillar speakers, I figured I would need a subwoofer.
                      Which side did you install the subwoofer on?

Robert

Comment

The Subwoofer is the one that was custom designed for the Fiero. a quick google search came up with one for sale but note the other link shows a complete system that plugs right into your wiring harness. I had one in a Fiero that came with the Bose sound system and subwoofer (and T-Tops) and have always regret selling that car. These have a curved custom shape that lets them slip up under the dash on the passenger side. When I uploaded that pic, it got rotated 90 degrees

Pontiac Fiero Original Factory Performance Sound Subwoofer Unit Parts for Sale - DragTimes.com

Fiero Subwoofer

Comment

Originally posted by lurate View Post
                          i'm finally getting around to installing my Amida 355 interior. I actually have one of the last Watson AD 355 before he sold the molds to Bartman. It is still in the works after spending quite a bit of time at John Watson's, the WhoDeanie, and now with a guy here in Pensacola. However this thread is for the Amida interior I am putting into a low mileage 88 Fiero GT. I plan on keeping it mostly original except for a different idea for a spoiler and, of course, this interior. i was a bit overzealous with the grinder when I was removing the door brackets. However, this gave me a better seal of the moisture barrier when I replaced the bracket that was supposed to stay. I've already gotten great advice on this site and Pennocks. More questions to follow. Thanks in advance for any and all help
                          I did not have any trouble with my door lock function using the stock Amida/Rob interior. The rods were well lubed while the door panel was off and I am certain that that helped electric door lock functionality.

However, I have had some issues with the passenger side window switch being intermittent and was forced to start a 600 mile trip home with a partially opened passenger window. Fortunately for my wife it cured itself about 60 miles later and I did not try to lower it again until after I was home in the garage. I also managed to install tweeters behind each of the dash end vents and the sound is quite acceptable.

Nelson
                          Last edited by hnthomps; 12-23-2013, 06:06 PM.
                          Nelson

Comment

The idea behind this project is to make the 88 Fiero more of what I thought It should have been. I'm one of those who thinks the pod interior of the Fiero was awful. To think they nixed so many of the more exciting ideas of the Fiero to keep it as the "commuter car" concept…..and then there's no place for a suitcase, pitiful front storage design…not even a glovebox! I will say I liked my map pockets…Now what to do with them…Blasphemy to put on Amida's gorgeous door? Behind the seat? I could resist putting a sunglass storage in the new roof liner.
                            Attached Files

Comment

1st fit

Finally got some good time to work on the car. Here is first fit of the black/gray Amida. I have Ferrari 355 OEM seats. The night shot of the gauges is tough. To much pink/red. The gauges are blue with red needles and Fiero emblem. Looks better in person. My hat's off to Amida. What a nice quality product he makes. Sitting in it with the OEM seats -nice. Next weekend test dry to see if gauges working right. Still need to finalize my Fiero/ Ferrari seatbelt thing. Too bad the male Fiero buckle won't fit the Ferrari clip. Get the Fiero OEM subwoofer installed with Rodney Dickman's very nice replacement speaker. Can see it under passenger side dash.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X