C430 Build, With Rear Engine Swap, pix and Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C430 Build, With Rear Engine Swap, pix and Video

Sup every one, its been awhile since i've been on here I'm the same one that build the lp640 using a porsche boxter with the carrera engine swap.
    So here is my new build from Supercarkits, C430. I've completed the build in 2012, but after driving around for 1 month I felt it needed more
    power, GTS wasn't enough. So I decided to go with an engine swap, make it rear wheel drive, The rear wheel drive project took me 4 months to complete.
    and been driving it since. First I painted it white, then I decided to be the first matte red in town, So i painted it after the engine swap. Comes to find out,
    I'm also the first person to do a J-swap in the rear of any car in the U.S. In a non-Honda for that matters. I've did a search on google and there is no one
    else doing it till august of this year. But i have posted my complete swap in June. So let the picture tell the story.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The last pix of the rear end is a video, you have to click on the pix to watch it .
          HELLO
          Last edited by HELLO; 12-18-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Wow! you made it look easy! What motor did you use? whats the original donor car?

Comment

Judging by the seats / console I would say he built it on a toyota celica. Also It looks like the engine comes from an Accord.

Comment

Awesome !! Are you in Texas ?

Comment

That looks amazing Hello, I'm just starting on my src430, can you post anymore info about which engine you used and how you went about fitting it?
                  also any tips for my build would be appreciated

thanks
                  Building F430 replica based on Toyota Celica 190 T Sport using kit provided by SRC Kit Cars, all advice gratefully received
                  [URL]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/18184-c430-build-diary-based-celica-src-kit-cars.html[/URL]

Comment

Nice to see all these 430 builds pop'n up!!!

Looks stunning!! What engine have you spooned in there?

Comment

Its a celica GTS, I remove the engine and sold it. I bought a whole 03 Acura TL Type S 260 HP, and chopped it right at the firewall and you know by adding Headers to it , it adds another 32HP to the wheel on those cars, its been proven over and over on the dyno. I've seen actual dyno before and after header installation, so that was a must have when i had the engine out. I use the automatic set up with slap shift. don't feel like shifting a manual car, where i live its pointless in traffic.
                      I live in louisiana. I'm planning to sell it soon, because i need a truck for my line of work. my price will be 25k, unless someone comes along in this forum and wants it.
                      In the meantime, its my daily driver , to run errands. after the rear swap, I had it align by a well reputable shop call "Straightline" since my rear is wider than the front, and most modern shop need to go off a base car to align it, this shop doesn't, they do it the old fashion way. I did install A/C using the Acura Compressor , custom hose to the GTS condenser and dryer, into the evaporator. Install custom Tach gauge, Speedometer gauge, Fuel gauge and a HUD for my coolant temp and speedo on my windshield.
                      I install a 10 gallon fuel cell , using the acura TL fuel pump assembly and level sending unit. $30 to fill up and last me over a week of driving in town. im running 19x10 rear and 18x9 front for the rims setup. I like the look of it cause it looks identical to the scuderia but at a fraction of the cost.As you can see for the shifter i use the acura shifter, and center console to the arm rest ,it blends it way into the celica dash. shifter cable i use a boat transmission cable, and built my own bracket from shifter to the tranny. for the accelerator cable i order a universal throttle cable kit from veinhill, because it has the teflon inner liner for smooth throttle accelerating, I'd tried the universal one without the teflon inner and it hangs up a bit. again, i reuse the old TL throttle cable ends on the throttle body side, and use the celica end for the other end that goes inside by the pedal. for the speedo to work, i use the factory speed sensor on the tl , it has 2 wire, one is gnd, and the other one goes to the ecu. thats how i get my accurate mph on my hud, and my speedo on the dash. BTW the last pix that shows the rear end of the car is a video, you have to click on it to watch it.
                      HELLO
                      Last edited by HELLO; 12-18-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Can you post more pictures of the rear fabrication work to weld in the acura engine frame? Very nice work, sorry to see you sell it.

Comment

sorry I rarely document my build. I wish I did though so it can help other builders out there. I will document on my next build . who knows might be four58?

Comment

how did you deal with the PCM, I presume its been reprogrammed to remove emission and security options
                            http://www.mychimaera.com
                            http://www.my240z.info

Comment

I use the factory key and immo from the key cylinder to read the key code, its only 3 wires not hard to run it to the ecu .
                              I have 02 simulator for the pcm , as for as evap system, i bypass it all.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X