• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more

A few more
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Yanman
      Yes Templates is about the only way for me at this time , unless I can learn how to build a mirror mold of the molds I make of the right side.
      Cheers

Comment

New front air dam

Well its like a broken record more foam more sanding more cutting. So let me know what you think.
        I think it looks much closer to where I want it to go

Regards
        Wayne
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dobie44; 03-03-2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dobie44 View Post
          Hi Yanman
          Yes Templates is about the only way for me at this time , unless I can learn how to build a mirror mold of the molds I make of the right side.
          Cheers
          hey veery very inspiring build!
          If you look through mygayvers build i think you will find a pic/instruction of some kind of tool how to build a splsh one piece to its reversed side...
          pays off to watch some builds closely
          Last edited by janman92; 03-03-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Nice work................kudos for doing it this way.............muchos respect.

Comment

Tweak to lower scoop

I didn't like the transition of the lower intake to the belt line, I think this will work better
              Attached Files

Comment

I went over last night to Wayne's house to have a look at where he is and what he wants to do next. The hips look great.... They are HUGE and only 3" out from original 308 clone but they look enormous. Everything is coming together very well and will look amazing when done.

Keep it up Wayne.
                Don
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanks Don your ideas are always inspirational in trying different things... those lights we are doing will finish off the project. I just ordered the headlights.

Comment

More progress for today

Well I am now committed to this project as I have cut the lower portion of the rear clip. I need to drop the bumper down to the belt line to be more inline with the real 288.
                    I've redone the rocker transition to the lower scoop , I think it flows better now than the previous design.
                    I will incorporate the transition into the rocker mold, hopefully making the lower fender mold easier to pull.
                    My first attempt at the rear fender vents
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dobie44; 03-08-2014, 12:38 AM. Reason: delete picture

Comment

pics

rear fender vent
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good, Wayne.Is there any chance to get a good side profile pic of the whole car?

Bob
                        Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Hi Bob
                          I would love to get a full side view myself Bob but Unfortunately not at this time, my work space is is blocked by a house beam support at the front so that even though it is a double garage I really only have half to work in.
                          I have to get the car running again as well, I had to pull the fuel tank a couple times working on a fuel feed problem. I went with an Holley High Pressure inline fuel pump, as I wasn't getting the Fuel Pressure I needed from the upgraded tank one.
                          Now I have to redo (increase the size of the tank fuel lines) as I'm having a slight cavitation from the Holley pump.
                          Also I'm having a problem with the VDO fuel gauge sender unit not giving correct information due to limited swing from the float. The only way to correct this is to put in a capacitance fuel sender which requires a new hole to be cut and with all the inside baffling there may not be enough room. I'm now considering replacing the tank with the aluminum on that is on Pennocks and eliminate the stock fuel line setup entirely. Now with the change to the 288 I will have to relocate the fuel fill this is turning into a can or worms ......but now i'm in hook line and sinker!..... LOL

Once I'm finished on this side and fininshed the rear end and rear hood installed I'll get it running again.
                          I'll be pulling it out of the garage to turn it around to work on the left side and do the mods to the front hood and my new lHead Light buckets that will be my first view.
                          I'll be sure to post some then...

Wayne
                          Last edited by dobie44; 03-08-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

What are you running for an engine that a 255lph in-tank fuel pump wouldn't feed?? I've run one with my old LT4 Firebird, and then with a 3800SC and my current 4.0. Not big HP, but fully capable of more.

Bob
                            Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                            http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Hi Bob
                              3800SC but I couldn't get the Fuel pressure above 35 PSI and you need 55 to 65PSI for the 3800. I know it is suppose to be able to run on the 255GPH pump it but that was it . I replaced everything before the pump , FP regulator , gauge, fuel line , just not the new in tank pump so I added the holley HP inline pump that worked . Then a mechanic friend advised me I couldn't have two pumps in series unless they were both the same volume or the one in the tank was greater pressure or cavitation would happen so I pulled the tank pump. I probably should have just replaced the new in tank pump as it may have been the problem in the first place.
                              Cheers

Comment

The EP381 is the pump you need for 3800 sc, check the build threads on Pennocks, lots of info there.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X