No announcement yet.

Beny A .diaries celica t23 src 430

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beny, buddy, some sexy shots of that sweet ride. Did registration go through for you? What did you register it as?

By the way... I might end up speaking out much butt on this one but what the hey. Have you thought about spacing the real wheels out more? Might just be me, but they look like they should stick out more. Like something is a little off with her stance I mean.
    G35Mike
    Last edited by G35Mike; 03-28-2015, 01:38 AM.
    [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Thank you guys.
      I could not do anything to register the car (but I have good hopes next a week ) Not yet Rest assured of the title registration. Personally I like to keep registered as celica (avoids a lot of taxes extra )

Mike you're right and see it so bad.
      I'm waiting for new spacers, Xisco send me.
      I have to change the tires even those I touch the wheel arches when it swerved all , new adjustable shock absorbers, coating the interior celica (new skin red and black)
      You never stop to investing money lol.
      Cheers

Comment

• Yeah some wheels spacers and maybe a little lowering to make the stance perfect is all it needs . Looks fantastic !!

Comment

• She had the registration yesterday .
          He also passed the acceptance test.
          After all, and now to enjoy it , make a video soon .
          Cheers.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150329_161009~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	893.1 KB
ID:	381561Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150329_161059.jpg
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	381562Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150331_095715.jpg
Size:	875.3 KB
ID:	381563

Comment

• COGRATS!!!

Well done Beny. Bravo! Enjoy the ride.
            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Thank You Guys
              Yes, and beautiful drive (after all)
              I like its sound (I would have preferred engine VVTL-i)
              I mounted the front wheel arch (easy to do, supplied with the kit) painted black spacers, mounted if the key lock side door. I cut the front springs (in the future to install shock absorbers, brake disc fake)
              I have to fix bonnet when the engine and cold all right (when it hot engine the bonnet gets up on the front)

Name:	IMG_20150409_193138.jpg
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	381653

Comment

• Looks great beny, what did you use for the rear number plate lights? They're nice and bright led?
                Great to hear she's nice to drive too, I haven't had a chance to get much done been very busy last couple of weekends
                I'm within touching distance of getting her done now though exciting times
                Building F430 replica based on Toyota Celica 190 T Sport using kit provided by SRC Kit Cars, all advice gratefully received
                [URL]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/18184-c430-build-diary-based-celica-src-kit-cars.html[/URL]

Comment

• Thanks George
                  Do not worry of long time hey George (Important to do it perfect) time you forget altogether when drive it . I look forward to your finished .
                  Still makes me goose bumps when I think about my build LOL.
                  I used to plate lights LED diodes (the same method how the headlights)
                  They look great (but, if they burn it for changing you have to remove the rear bumper) I installed them from the inside bumper to not ruin the aesthetic of car, I think it is worth.
                  Today I took a tour with my kids , they are happy to have people's attention Lol

Name:	IMG_20150412_132150.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	381654Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150412_132316~3~2.jpg
Size:	696.4 KB
ID:	381655Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150412_132245~2.jpg
Size:	957.5 KB
ID:	381656

Comment

• Hey Beny,

Its so good to see you able to finally get to enjoy the car you spent so much time on building. It really looks great.

I know you said that you were going to space out the wheels and perhaps that's it for me... but it just seems like the car is missing something and I can't put my finger on it. May just be me. Perhaps I wasn't ready for you to finish your build and now I'm going through withdrawals. lol

Comment

• ..its missing the Ferrrari badges!!

Comment

• Thanks to compliments Mike, the car needs investment crazy, so I keep it for now (sadly)

Hey phil, people here is very very critical. Today I saw my car posted on facebooc (Albania Drift Show, I went to see the show) comments were ironic, I did not want to respond them.
                        I to say that is only a celica of personalized (and the only way to close their mouth)
                        For this reason nothing badges (personally I'd like with badges)
                        https://www.facebook.com/59817791354...type=1&theater

Name:	11150209_1052426258119690_3578953576362074546_n.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	381662

Comment

• Hey Beny,

I tried to read their comments and the translator I was using was unable to convert it to English for me. Besides, it doesn't really matter what they have to say. Most of them probably don't know how to turn a wrench and their just jealous their still driving their mothers hand me down fiat 500. Kudo's to them for having a free moment to vent about their own short comings.

As for your car, do what you want, it's yours. Your blood, sweat and the occasional tears went into building that car. Put what you want on it. Whether that is badging it like a Ferrari or not.

Honestly, I would look at it as giving Ferrari a nod for the car you built in recognition of a sweet design. No one goes around building replicas of Celica's or Corolla's. (for more than affordability reasons that is.)

Perhaps even go so far as to make your own badges. The car is your own custom design. So be real about it, make a badge for the car that resembles you and the hard work you put into it and show your not trying to make the car what it isn't.

There is someone else on here that built a stunning black one and they decked it out in TRD fashion and used a different logo as well. Although at first glance it looks like a Ferrari, closure review shows that its a custom TRD.

Food for thought on both fronts but ignore the haters. Your work is amazing and it shows

Comment

• Haters are worldwide. Do what you want with the car. Badge it if you want to. Like poster said before, YOU built it not them. It looks great!!

Comment

• understood about the badges mate......I have fully badged mine up and am proud of it!

I was taking the car to its MOT, so, just 10 mins from my house on its very first outing, I pulled into the garage to fuel up and instantly had 2 men asking "how fast does it go?", "how many miles to the gallon?", "she is beautiful!".....but they didnt ask "is it a replica?" so I just answered as if it was a real one!

Those guys went off from the petrol station that day with a smile on their faces having seen a nice car...Im happy with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by phils99 View Post
                                understood about the badges mate......I have fully badged mine up and am proud of it!

I was taking the car to its MOT, so, just 10 mins from my house on its very first outing, I pulled into the garage to fuel up and instantly had 2 men asking "how fast does it go?", "how many miles to the gallon?", "she is beautiful!".....but they didnt ask "is it a replica?" so I just answered as if it was a real one!

Those guys went off from the petrol station that day with a smile on their faces having seen a nice car...Im happy with that!
                                Hahahaaa phil I do not stop laughing, well done mate .

I have to learn to accept even the critics (all have the right to express their views)
                                Thanks Beny.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X