OverZealous1's Vaydor build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OverZealous1's Vaydor build

well, i simply can't wait longer to start my own vaydor build thread. matt just received my donor and looks like we are still good for the early may start.

the beautiful 2005 g35 auto i chose. yup, looks a little effed up. i do like the 2005 gauges though and there is lots that can be done to make them not look like a g35 anymore. i decided on an auto since i will be going straight into an all alum 5.3-6.0l ls swap with the 6l80 or 6l90 gm 6 spd auto. these trans can be built to hold up to 1400hp in drag racing condtions, fully user programmable, and can hook up full push button control and paddle shift. i think it will be a great choice for what i am looking for out of the car. they are also nearly the same dimensions as the th400, which has already been proven to work in the 350z/g35 trans tunnel.

pics of donor- (yes, it will need a few suspension pieces replaced)

it is not confirmed if it won or lost the battle with the cyclone fence it went under, but it atleast looks like there was casualties on each side!!

luckily the donor only has 85k miles, so if i do drive on it for a little while atleast i know it is still in good condition. these are very well built motors and won alot of awards back in early 2000's for their engineering.
    matt confirms it started right up and no weird sounds.

picked up some wheels a few weeks ago already. hre 595rs 20x13 rear and 20x10 front. tires are nearly new conti extremes in 325/25/20 and 275/30/20. fronts will be turned to 20x11 to get the same exact tire rollover front and rear. tire outside dia is VERY close to not create any bugs in the stock abs/traction control/stability control systems.
    if i keep these for the car the barrels and centers can be pulled apart and built again to create the 20x11 fronts, and will need 2 new 7" deep barrels for the rears to keep them 20x13. in this arrangement it will leave me with a 1.5" spacer front and 2" rear. will have to wait untill car is in hand to test fit for spacers and to see if the style fits what i am looking for. they are 2" shorter than matts green car, so i also need to make sure i can get the car to sit as i want it and not be literally scraping the ground.

pics-

if i keep them, this is probably the finish i will be going with and adding some brushed ss/alum accents to exterior and interior of car.

Last edited by overzealous1; 03-25-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

the chances i will actually run these wheels is about 50%. with the deal you can get from lbforged i can sell these and get any style wheel i want for less money. time will tell.

for the av set up i have a kenwood 7140 double din with nav and all the other stuff. will surely be hooking up a rear view camera. i have also been seriously contemplating running side cameras and have a screen as the side mirrors. this way i can get a little more concave of a view from the side as it looks like turning over your shoulder to see your blind spot may be tough. it will add a trick feature to the car also and the ability to make the side mirrors instead of using the g35 units. i do like the fold back/break away feature of the stock pieces, maybe it can still be incorporated.
      audio system will not be for the faint of heart. planning atleast 2-12" or 2-18" (why not?) one behind each seat. they will probably be sundown audio very high excursion subs. i used to do stereo competitions years ago, so i am going to be running very high end front fill and amps. you really get what you pay for in the audio world and it is obvious in imaging the difference in high to mid end equipment.

Comment

that is about everything i have prepurchased for the car. i just sold one of my cars and receiving payment in a couple weeks, so waiting for that deal to finalize before loading up on more stuff.
        for others building a vaydor, my350z is the best site to pick up great deals on used or new chassis and drivetrain parts and get news on vendor group buys. also, get opinions on parts and reviews. if you are planning a vaydor build, get signed up as all of your info is there to build the chassis up.

Comment

Nice start there's, can't wait to see pics. I'm looking for a g35 donor as we speak.

Comment

thanks. i was having a tough time finding something in the insurance auctions. tougher since i am in oregon and to find a local car to visually see it means $1500+ to get it to matt after buying it. matt may still have a 6spd car he was selling. if you budget $6-7k there is quite a few options out there close to him. just gotta keep your eyes pealed and look daily because the cheap ones go quick!

Comment

Originally posted by overzealous1 View Post
              thanks. i was having a tough time finding something in the insurance auctions. tougher since i am in oregon and to find a local car to visually see it means $1500+ to get it to matt after buying it. matt may still have a 6spd car he was selling. if you budget $6-7k there is quite a few options out there close to him. just gotta keep your eyes pealed and look daily because the cheap ones go quick!

I followed the car you bought on co part....internet makes for a small world.

Comment

i was trying hard to see if i could get a florida car for under $3k. i kept missing auctions during the day though when a car would come up. the one i got was on ebay for about 3-4 weeks actually. i finally was fed up with all the time the auctions were taking and coming up empty handed that is was money well spent to just get this one and he included shipping for the bin price. it just took alot of worry and time off my hands. matt has gotten quite a few cars from the same guy also.
                his ebay name is "cheeapcars" yes with 2 e's. his name is al. if you call him he can watch the auctions for you and pick up the car you want.

here is the actual listing for it- http://www.ebay.com/itm/171266002015...AQ:MOTORS:1123
                Last edited by overzealous1; 03-25-2014, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrieguz View Post
                  Nice start there's, can't wait to see pics. I'm looking for a g35 donor as we speak.
                  I do still have the 2006 6sp 105k $6500.00
                  VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

Comment

So if you buy a salvage car from Copart auctions and then have the car rebodied with the Vaydor body kit, then what wiuld you need to do to get tags for it when complete? Thanks

Comment

i already called oregon dmv before deciding to purchase. they need to do a visual inspection on an out of state title transfer, so i can't do anything with title until car gets here. at that point though i can have the car retitled into a 2014 vaydor and in the brands section it will say assembled, instead of salvage. not sure about other states, but it will work out good here.

Comment

Originally posted by notnilc20 View Post
                        So if you buy a salvage car from Copart auctions and then have the car rebodied with the Vaydor body kit, then what wiuld you need to do to get tags for it when complete? Thanks
                        differs for each state.

I did the sb100 process with my 355 and got a 2011 SPCKT title (Special Construction). There is no mention it is based on a fiero anywhere and NO SMOG CHECKS EVER!!!

Comment

Depends on your state. Here in FL I picked up a theft recovery G35 with very low mileage. I'm going to title it once the build is done as an "Assembled From Parts" vehicle since more than 50% of the car is new / other parts.Then you can call it whatever you want and you don't have to fix the car first and have a "rebuilt" title. Varies on your state I believe.

Comment

got a lead on a set of 14" 6 pot front and 13" 4 pot rear D2 brake package for about $2350 shipped. might even come in a little cheaper. also, working with a local company to make brackets to use the c6 z06 front and rear calipers on the g35/350z. pricing i am expecting under $2800 complete.
                            there is a company doing the kw variant 3 coilover on ebay right now for a little over $2100 shipped. seams about the best bang for the buck for a very good coilover.

Comment

i have been searching the wiring schematics for the g35. if the vq35 was kept, ofcourse all the original vdc/abs/trac would still work, but have been looking to see if it will work with an ls swap.
                              the g35 traction control will obviously not work still, but it does appear that the stability control may still work, and the abs. the abs does not need any ecu information to make it's decision, but the sc does take throttle information and, injector operation, and steering angle inputs. really, the stability control is too touchy in the g35 (it almost wrecked me once at about 120mph in a turn on a country road!!) imo, but it is a must for me to keep abs working.
                              i think i will keep the full nissan ecu plugged in, and i have an extra throttle body sitting around here and can tuck it somewhere and see if i can trick it. i would also love to get the gm ecu to do the cruise control. even better if i could use the stock g35 buttons on the wheel to control it. if worse comes to worse, there is quite a few aftermarket ecu's that have traction control in them. if i can't get the gm one to operate using the signal from the nissan wheels sensors, i will head that route.
                              trying to talk to some nissan shops that have done the ls swas, but so far most are drift cars and any of these controls were not a concern.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X