Jamaican project BMW Z3 style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fauxknowitall View Post
    Great looking project ! What car are the front hinges from ? I might be able to use that hinge on a project that I have , it's a camper shell thing that hard to explain ,but looks like that hinge might work.
    I used late Jaguar hinge on it....But you can use almost any late hood hinge, but in the upside down position and you will get the right clearance for the doors.
    DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

Hood latches installed

Radiator support installed
      Attached Files
      DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

Wheelbase extension 3 inch
        Attached Files
        DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

Bonding and fiberglass

For fun wheel testing

Will put a drop coilover kit to adjust ride height The car is jack up by removing so much body part and weight
          Attached Files
          DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

I know it wasn't intended but when you extended the wheel base. before you glassed over everything, it looked as though there was a vent in the fender just behind the door. If you worked it just right, that could be a really cool tweak on the side of the car.

You could also give the backend a wider fender. Not too much, but if you brought it out away from the body maybe half to 1 inch, that could give it a cool look and allow for the vent look I was speaking about.

[COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Very good point, but my son want to put fender flares and a large spoiler to give a race look and keep the original body look by the way those wheels are 20`s
              DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

Lol, looks like the fit would be nice enough.

I don't blame your son for the approach he wants to take with the car.

It's really looking good and your making quick work on this project.

Keep the updates coming. Loving the progress. Keep it up.
                [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow really nice project! I'm glad your building this car with your son. I saw a Jamaican for sale on ebay about 2 years ago, and I wanted to buy it to finish the project. But my dad was very busy at that time (im 19) so I didn't care that much. But I must say that its looking really nice goodluck. I'll keep looking forward to this project.

Comment

My son is 16...He will be 17 when the car will be ready in the spring...we built a few scooter together....
                    This is kind of look with bigs wheels.....and he wants fender flares and a large rear spoiler....racing style..
                    Attached Files
                    DUBUC SUPER LIGHT CAR

Comment

Really nice progress. I wonder how it would look with 350s headlamps? Or go more retro and use 928 hide away lamps and it would be reminiscent of a miura- that could be a real pain to engineer though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X