My LP670-SV Changeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LP670-SV Changeover

Alot of people have been asking me to see pictures of how my changeover is coming on my car. As most of you may know, I decided a while back to change my Triangle-G modified LP640 to the newer LP670-SV style.
    I looked around at alot of parts, but wasn't happy with the renditions of the front bumper offered by others offering 670 parts. I wanted something true to the OEM shape and style, but an OEM front bumper was out of my budget. I decided the only way to accomplish this was to make my own, so with the help of Beverly Hills Lambo and some reference pictures I cut up my 640 bumper and got to work lol!
    Without talent experience is worthless

Cool. Glad to hear the project is underway. Would love to see some pics. Good luck with it.

Comment

Yes pics !!

Comment

Sorry, I'm just having a little problem posting pics I have to downsize them.

Comment

Sweet Mother of GOD!!! Ought to be out of this world!

Comment

pics or it didn't happen! lol jk

Comment

Use the photobucket app it's much easier to upload

Comment

Murce-Me, without doubt I know its going to be a work of art. Best of luck

Comment

So here's where I started.
                  I first disconnected my bumper and taped it on back in place so it would be easier to take off as needed.
                  I cut away everything that wouldn't be needed to make the SV bumper.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The next step was to extend the front to allow for the longer nose, so I bonded 1/4" MDF to the underside of the top from side to side.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I then skimcoated it all flush with bondo and then block sanded it all to conform with the new slope. Once that was done, I laid out the new shape of the top according to the measurements I took off the real SV bumper and cut the new profile.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The next step was to construct the underside of that slope, so I did that with MDF as well. I used alot of bondo as glue to hold everything together, but it worked out really well and allowed me to get alot done each day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So the next step was to make the areas where the grilles attach and the opening for the brake ventilation.
                          I took strips or 1/4" MDF and super glued it to the underside in the shape of the OEM bumper. I ran everything a little long so I could come back afterwards and cut it to the right shape and length.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I didn't really document how I made the small side curves that end up at the small angle at the front, but you can see from the pictures that it was done with MDF as well. In order to get it to bend and twist, I had to mill it down to just under 1/8" thick and glue it in place with super glue as I went along. I made it hang down further as well, then cut it to length once it was securely in place.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Once that was all done, I again skim coated it with bondo to smooth out the facets and sanded it to create a consistent curve across the face for the grille backing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X