Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTM NJ Vaydor Roadster Build Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MTM NJ Vaydor Roadster Build Thread

    Over the next 2 weeks will be posting up the breakdown of the donor. Goal is to be fully prepped by August 7th and begin build August 10th. Target is 5 weeks for complete install including paint. Throwing 4 guys at the project so I'm pretty sure I can hit the target. I will be updating the thread tomorrow on the upgrades that are being added onto the build once I get confirmation that everything I want to put on the car is in stock!

  • #2
    Wow . This will be a great thread !
    Are u installing the body ? This will be the first body not installed by Matt on this forum , should be lots of good info
    Please take lots of pics and use the photobucket phone app if you have any trouble uploading pics

    Comment


    • #3
      sounds good to me.... i for one am wanting to buy this kit. Just the installation side of things gets me and there isnt actually a detailed how to guide.... so plenty of pics please and looking forward to it.

      Please do share you opinons and what you think of it.... IM VERY VERY intrested in this build also...

      Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes I will be installing the body. Well, me and a few guys that do restorations. Again, I'm shooting for a 5 week build and I'm really hoping I can stick to that timeline however I'm in the process of finishing up a bunch of projects that are more important so we shall see. As for upgrades, will be doing the following:

        Big Brembo Brake kit
        Twin Turbo Kit
        Wheel package from Matt
        Unique carbon fiber accent parts
        Custom carpet \ Complete sound deadening throughout

        I have a few more unique touches here and there that I'm planning however I have to see how much $$ I rip through over the next few weeks ordering gear. I have a total number in mind and I'm trying to stay under that number. I will take a bunch of pics but will most likely be posting every week or so when I have time. Between my businesses and my little one and other projects its tough to post up often.

        To anyone in NJ that is planning a build, I'm ordering another kit (coupe) about a week and a half after this ships. If anyone is planning a build we can split the cost of shipping. I've already spoke to the shipping company that I'm using and they are ok with this for the next one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Excellent! Look forward to this build. Good job on the break upgrade.
          Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
          White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
          White Gagliardi Vendetta
          Gemballa avalanche 911

          Team Mad Mechanics 2016

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by madmods View Post
            Excellent! Look forward to this build. Good job on the break upgrade.
            thanks, imo you almost have to go with the big brake upgrades on this car. the wheels are just so damn big that speaking in terms of looks and not performance, its a no brainer to do it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cutlass442 View Post
              Wow . This will be a great thread !
              Are u installing the body ? This will be the first body not installed by Matt on this forum , should be lots of good info
              Please take lots of pics and use the photobucket phone app if you have any trouble uploading pics
              ROD installed his own body.
              VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mtmmadman View Post
                Yes I will be installing the body. Well, me and a few guys that do restorations. Again, I'm shooting for a 5 week build and I'm really hoping I can stick to that timeline however I'm in the process of finishing up a bunch of projects that are more important so we shall see. As for upgrades, will be doing the following:

                Big Brembo Brake kit
                Twin Turbo Kit
                Wheel package from Matt
                Unique carbon fiber accent parts
                Custom carpet \ Complete sound deadening throughout

                I have a few more unique touches here and there that I'm planning however I have to see how much $$ I rip through over the next few weeks ordering gear. I have a total number in mind and I'm trying to stay under that number. I will take a bunch of pics but will most likely be posting every week or so when I have time. Between my businesses and my little one and other projects its tough to post up often.

                To anyone in NJ that is planning a build, I'm ordering another kit (coupe) about a week and a half after this ships. If anyone is planning a build we can split the cost of shipping. I've already spoke to the shipping company that I'm using and they are ok with this for the next one.
                Thanks so much for posting. This will give us a chance to cover the windshield post install on the spider. I have decided to fab up the rear hatch hinges on the cage for you guys. It takes a jig that we made and i dont know how to send something like that out.
                VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

                Comment


                • #9
                  No problem Matt. LMK on the 20" wheels! If not I'll be placing the order on the 22" this week.

                  Going with 6 Piston Front Brembos with slotted rotors and 4 Piston Rears. I had my shop start on custom rear led tail lights. They are mocking up a drawing for me and will be starting next week.

                  Question, I need a front air system or air suspension to lift the car. NJ is rough, especially getting in and out of driveways and speed bumps. I'm looking at the Ksport system. I know they say they are coilover\air suspension but does anyone have any experience with this system?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mtmmadman View Post
                    No problem Matt. LMK on the 20" wheels! If not I'll be placing the order on the 22" this week.

                    Going with 6 Piston Front Brembos with slotted rotors and 4 Piston Rears. I had my shop start on custom rear led tail lights. They are mocking up a drawing for me and will be starting next week.

                    Question, I need a front air system or air suspension to lift the car. NJ is rough, especially getting in and out of driveways and speed bumps. I'm looking at the Ksport system. I know they say they are coilover\air suspension but does anyone have any experience with this system?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	382484Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	382485Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	382486We sell a big brake kit BREMBO 16" front 14" rear (stock e-brake will work) $4500.00. We have a customer who has ordered the full air cup coilover system. I will try to get some pics up for you.
                    VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok so progress in gathering parts before the build and should have everything ready for target date of the 15th(instead of the wheels). So, instead of going with the amanis I decided to go with forgiatos f2.09 ecx's. I saw them on a lambo and fell in love. Same sizing 22" x 13" in rears. I ordered from jwm motorsports and sent matt over the sizing sheet today. good news is if anyone wants forgiatos I will post up the correct offsets as currently the correct offset is unknown for the vaydor. Pricing is slightly higher, in the 5k range without tires but the build time is pretty quick, 3-4 weeks. next week when I start ripping apart the g35 and after i have the cage set properly I have to see about how i can get a center exhaust piped properly. I would like to do something along the lines of a merci or aventador center exit but don't feel like spending 2k on a tip. If someone knows of a similar center exhaust tip\housing lmk. also, does anyone know of a pic where I can see the exhaust piped out the back before the rear clip goes on?

                      As for the coilovers, I went with bc extreme with a bag setup in the front. I hope I get the clearance i'm looking for in the front. someone else used this setup on the vaydor i was told. ordered 6 pot brembo fronts with 4 pot rears. i'm most likely going to start out with a single turbo kit for now with a 60-1 turbonetics or precision and keep it around 500hp. coupe build will be an LS monster so I'm trying to contain costs.

                      Matt, maybe you could answer this but as far as a new carpet kit is concerned, could I order a standard replacement carpet kit for a G35 coupe and cut it back as necessary? Also, stock seat tracks stay the same correct? I'm accenting the interior with carbon fiber and want to go with carbon fiber backed seats but I'm just going to order 2 new race-type seats and worry about matching the seats with the interior at a later time.

                      does anyone know if any of the stock speaker locations change or get deleted? do you have to make all new speaker locations and if so does anyone know of the sizing that they used? I'm trying to get all of the small shit ordered and set. thanks a lot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congrats on the vaydor build, I haven't seen a car with a regular exhaust piped out the center yet. With a turbo it's doable. I could be wrong but when I went to ha e my exhaust done I couldn't figure out how to get the tips out the center without some extensive bends to get up and out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm doing a header setup with full exhaust back, how much bend room will I have to go up? I don't want to be at a 90, if I have a foot or 2 i can have them make a nice bend up. I saw a merci center exhaust with a dual 3.5 end on it that I might pickup

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mtmmadman View Post
                            Ok so progress in gathering parts before the build and should have everything ready for target date of the 15th(instead of the wheels). So, instead of going with the amanis I decided to go with forgiatos f2.09 ecx's. I saw them on a lambo and fell in love. Same sizing 22" x 13" in rears. I ordered from jwm motorsports and sent matt over the sizing sheet today. good news is if anyone wants forgiatos I will post up the correct offsets as currently the correct offset is unknown for the vaydor. Pricing is slightly higher, in the 5k range without tires but the build time is pretty quick, 3-4 weeks. next week when I start ripping apart the g35 and after i have the cage set properly I have to see about how i can get a center exhaust piped properly. I would like to do something along the lines of a merci or aventador center exit but don't feel like spending 2k on a tip. If someone knows of a similar center exhaust tip\housing lmk. also, does anyone know of a pic where I can see the exhaust piped out the back before the rear clip goes on?

                            As for the coilovers, I went with bc extreme with a bag setup in the front. I hope I get the clearance i'm looking for in the front. someone else used this setup on the vaydor i was told. ordered 6 pot brembo fronts with 4 pot rears. i'm most likely going to start out with a single turbo kit for now with a 60-1 turbonetics or precision and keep it around 500hp. coupe build will be an LS monster so I'm trying to contain costs.

                            Matt, maybe you could answer this but as far as a new carpet kit is concerned, could I order a standard replacement carpet kit for a G35 coupe and cut it back as necessary? Also, stock seat tracks stay the same correct? I'm accenting the interior with carbon fiber and want to go with carbon fiber backed seats but I'm just going to order 2 new race-type seats and worry about matching the seats with the interior at a later time.

                            does anyone know if any of the stock speaker locations change or get deleted? do you have to make all new speaker locations and if so does anyone know of the sizing that they used? I'm trying to get all of the small shit ordered and set. thanks a lot
                            You cannot run center exhaust out of the center vent unless you find a new place for the gas filler (it runs directly down the center). Stock carpet will not work but you need to leave in in for floor padding for the new carpets i sew up (individually bound pieces). There are speaker grills in my door panels and you could fit 6/9s in the
                            B-pillers. I have a set of 10s behind the seats as well.
                            VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	382585Good luck with your build!!!
                              VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X