Mikes Vaydor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikes Vaydor Build

Hey Guys just wanted introduce my self share my vaydor build with you guys. I will be putting up some pictures and input you have is appreciated.

I purchased my car last august from SAM he is on the forum as well. It was a good but has some downs of buying he car. Sam is a upstanding guy. The bad experience came when dealing with the owner of Beast Coast customs. It was a 8 hour long journey to even get to the destination to pick up the car which is in the middle of know where. Sam, and I thought that we were going to pick up a car that stored in a building dismantled correctly. First problem is the car was not stored in the right placed and we had to go to the guys home to pick up. When we got there it was bad. The donar car had been chopped up. all the electronics had been left in the car and it had been out there for weeks. Water water just sitting in the car along with the body and parts. I was upset because this is not what I had bargained on or had agreed to pay for but neither SAM nor the condition or the car. Sam who is a upstanding guy not the price down lower to help with travel and transportation.

Comment

I have posted some pictures of how I got it. Car was rusted and had water in it electric wires ingulped in water.

Comment

After I got it home I let it sit for about a week to let it dry out. i shop VAC out the water. After a week I primed the roll cage and begin cleaning out the G35. didnt know why the car would start after hooking everything up I thought the wiring was badly damaged. after a few days got the car running. I was excited about that not on to other problems Car from head lights, wiper, door windows locks, and brake lights are not working. check every ground and they are good. replaced all fuses in BCM and ipdm and still no luck. everything else worked. radio , air, heat, hazard, revers lights, and interior lights. I also started test fitting everything.

Comment

After last august and September. life started to happen so i had to let the car sit for a while. I just started back on it. 2 to 3 months ago. I have gotten alot to done. But there is a lot to do. I had mounted the doors but have not put the guts in the door. I have mounted the deck lid and have installed g35 trunk struts to have a function deck lid. I have also welded all mounting tabs and have added some additional for my self. Roll cage is permanently on. I will take more pictures of some of the things i did in detail so you can see it. I have also in stalled the wheel wells which are hard to get on and off.

Comment

Here are some additional pics.

Comment

It is coming together nicely!
              -Glenn

"One day I had a bit of an argument with my friend Enzo Ferrari, who reckoned I wasnít able to drive a Ferrari, only tractors. Thatís when I got the idea into my head and told myself Ė Iíll make the cars myself from now on!" - Ferruccio Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks trying to move quickly

Comment

Wow i bet that was disheartening when you saw your donor car filled with water sitting outside in the weather with rust and exposed wires everywhere. Glad you got most everything working.
                  Question, did you build that superstructure? Or is that the one provided by Matt for additional charge? Thanks

Comment

The body was supplied by Matt and the roll, doors, hood, decklid and etc

Comment

Matt provides the cage

Comment

Yes Matt supplies the roll cage

Comment

How did you manage to get in contact with vaydor? I've been trying for nearly a month with no luck.

Comment

Matt you really need to get on top of this issue of people not being able to contact you!!

Comment

Good Morning Mike,
                              l am new to this site and seen your build photos. l came across the kit and love it searched all You- Tube videos for as much info as l could but there is some more l need.

As l am in Australia our road regulations are so over the top when it comes to kit cars.

Just a few questions if l may,
                              The doors are they a complete replacement ? if so do the new doors have intrusion bars inside.
                              The front lights is there any details / numbers on the lens you can give me so l can check if ok for Australia.
                              The windscreen and wipers as they the original as built by Nissan
                              l did hear in one of the videos the kit use's DOT glass is that on door glass and rear window and what is the details again so l can clear it with engineer.

Thanks for your time
                              Geoff

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X