Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts to use for the building of an Aventador

Hello everybody,
    this thread is adressed to the Aventador builders.

Im about to start building a Lamborghini Aventador and I would like to know what kind of parts Im gonna need in order to build the car.
    Im planning to have a tubular NAERC chassis and the panels of this model.
    But whith the rest of the parts what am I gonna do?????
    I don't know what parts to use!!!
    Of course there is no possibility to purchase original Lamborgini parts,
    and I don't think that anyone has done it into this site.
    So you, that had allready done this job, can you please tell me what parts to use?
    Has anyone done a list of the parts had used?
    Im located in Europe and the American parts here are very expensive here,
    but If there is no other option, I ll be oblized to use them...

Any kind of help is acceptable and precious.

Thank you very much,
    waiting your replies

Since you have already sourced your NAERC chassis and the body panels, your parts list is already way ahead of ours.

Comment

It might depend on your kit, but for my aventador roadster kit: two door Honda accord windshield, two door saturn side door glass. I also used the Saturn window regulators. The hinges are just heavy duty steel, the key with that was the brackets I had to fab up to make them work properly, lots of trial and error, but does swing up and out like it should and the front of the door top part only has the black window track exposed like the real aventador does. The door latches I used are from the Saturn, but I assume many types will work but the way lambo did it seemed odd to me, but I made mine match with the large latching piece built into the door jam unlike the way the diablo is made that piece is in the door....... My seats and all the four airbags are from the Porsche Boxster S chassis I have the body installed on. The rear rectangular glass window will be a rear glass window from an old junked pick up truck since they seem pretty flat, then have a glass shop cut out the small rectangular size I need so all four glass in the car are DOT. Anything else??? and which kit do you have or plan to have?
      -Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rayslambo View Post
        It might depend on your kit, but for my aventador roadster kit: two door Honda accord windshield, two door saturn side door glass. I also used the Saturn window regulators. The hinges are just heavy duty steel, the key with that was the brackets I had to fab up to make them work properly, lots of trial and error, but does swing up and out like it should and the front of the door top part only has the black window track exposed like the real aventador does. The door latches I used are from the Saturn, but I assume many types will work but the way lambo did it seemed odd to me, but I made mine match with the large latching piece built into the door jam unlike the way the diablo is made that piece is in the door....... My seats and all the four airbags are from the Porsche Boxster S chassis I have the body installed on. The rear rectangular glass window will be a rear glass window from an old junked pick up truck since they seem pretty flat, then have a glass shop cut out the small rectangular size I need so all four glass in the car are DOT. Anything else??? and which kit do you have or plan to have?
        Im located in Europe,
        I would like to purchase the molds of the SS7 member
        What about the front windshield?
        Last edited by George75; 10-22-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Two door Honda Accord windshield for my kit.
          -Thanks

Comment

Thank you guys for your answers.
            What about the front and the rear suspension systems?

Comment

A lot of guys use Corvette suspension in their builds. Here's a C4 front end, not suitable for my car but nice guy and needs to sell quick.

K9

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/mall/20055-corvette-c4-1990-front-end-parts.html

Last edited by K9COP; 10-25-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K9COP View Post
                A lot of guys use Corvette suspension in their builds. Here's a C4 front end, not suitable for my car but nice guy and needs to sell quick.

K9

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/mall/20055-corvette-c4-1990-front-end-parts.html

Whoops. You're in Europe..... parts are in NY.

Comment

Any Japaneese or European part options?
                  Concidering that they build replica by streaching the MR2, do the MR2 front and rear ends match on the NAERC tube chassis?
                  Last edited by George75; 10-26-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                    i sent you a private message, check your inbox.
                    cheers

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X