Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testarossa replica in France and presentation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Christophe, Michael here. I love the adjustable coilovers. did you end up building them yourself or did you buy them? i want to do this in the rear of my testarossa

Comment

Hello Michael,

This makes me very happy to read you.
      I bought the parts in the USA and I have everything assembled, it's very very simple.
      I have all the pictures of the production, I give them to you if you need.
      Give me a email address in PM.
      Could you give me a picture of the fixing seat belt into the B pillar, because I'm going to put the etched side window as your car but I do not know how to tie the belt on the pillar B, after cutting.
      Thank you.

See you soon.

For parts, very good price and very serious compagny:

http://www.arrautmotorsports.com/parts/suspensions

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...a-replica.html

Comment

Nice work Christophe ! -Vinny
        Remember, there is always next year.

Comment

Thank you Vinny , I often look at your work on your car, I'd love to be able to put the side quater glass as you. it is very beautiful. Bravo.
          I will study this by looking at your pictures.

See you soon.
          Last edited by CHRISTOPHE de France; 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I come to wish you all a very good year 2017.
            The work resumed on the Testarossa.
            I installed today the rear swaybar, received from the USA.
            It's perfect.
            I will disassemble the exhaust manifolds, and the tubes that find it in the engine compartment, in order to cover them with thermal strip against heat.
            Does anyone know a SPORT collector sellers for Fiero 2.8, because here in Europe I can not find anything.
            Thank you all for your advice and help. Work well on your cars, put a lot of photo on the forum .... I dream watching you, from France. Happy New Year.

See you soon.
            Last edited by CHRISTOPHE de France; 01-15-2017, 12:52 PM. Reason: Picture

Comment

Hello everyone, I do not understand, I can not put pictures any more.
              Do you have this problem?
              thank you for your reply.
              Christophe
              Last edited by CHRISTOPHE de France; 01-17-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Use the photobucket app to post pictures

It's very easy if you have your pictures in your phone , you upload them to the app then paste the IMG links the app provides into your reply here

Comment

Comment

Hello , Thank-you very much Cutlasss.
                    Very good

Best regard.

Christophe

Comment

I also restored the Ansa Exhaust outlets.
                      The exhaust manifolds and the "Y" are demounted to be restored, reworked at the Dremel, and wrapped with thermal strip. The screws and seals, as well as the probe, are ordered from FieroStore.

Last edited by CHRISTOPHE de France; 01-20-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I also found a small lid for the EGR, on E-bay.
                        Here is the description:
                        Factory original GM egr valve cover. Clips on the egr. Removed from a low mileage 1987 Grand National.
                        They are unique to 1986-1987 Turbo Regal's & 1989 TTA.
                        Very nice for 20 US $

see you soon.

Christophe.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Comment

It's looking really good Christophe!

Is the rear grille / tail light cover an OEM Ferrari piece? Kit Car Mike made mine, but I don't have the lower grille, and the upper grille / tail light cover doesn't have the bracket for mounting the little horse.

I'm able to drive my car right now, but there's stuff I want to do... but if I do, then I can't drive it for a while. So, for now, I drive it and save up money.

Comment

Hello Drewbdo

The rear and front lights are OEM as well as the top grid. (Look page 3)
                            The fiberglass trim on the rear hood and the 3 em stop lights also.
                            I have OEL mirrors too.
                            ... and the wheels.
                            I also have long grids to be placed on each side of the rear hood, it is also OEM.

It takes me years to find this, at a good price. .... but with patience we get there.
                            Good luck for your project.

Christophe

Comment

That'll be awesome when ready!

Does anyone have any info what to look for regarding front signal lights? Rear I have lights from 88 Nissan Sentra.
                              I have seen similar in other cars but can't get my mind to it...

Comment

Hello friends

I have not been writing for a while because I worked a lot.
                                To my house, to my family, and to my 911.
                                But I read you often.
                                For the Testarossa, I did the pneumatic suspension control in the front of the car, I did not want a pneumatic switch, it was not too "original" in the car with this noise of air that Escapes at each of the descent of the suspension. I therefore rewired the pneumatic and electric circuit. The car rises 6 centimeters on the front (2 23/64 inch) which is very good. The whole with 2 electrovalves, and an instantaneous rise. If you need a reference for this montage or shema, I give you everything (attention, I am French, and not very good in English).
                                Then, for the bad news and the annoyances ...
                                I had a leak at the ignition distributor seal, I disassembled everything, ordered a new lighter, mine was all rusty, and I ordered the seal at Rodney Dickman, everything was reassembled and stuck to the Pulley and cylinder N 01, impeccably ... but the car is down. It starts on the cold start injector, and then it stops.
                                I will open another subject for this, and give all the explanation on this problem, because on ignition and carburation, everything is new on my car.
                                See you soon.

Christophe.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X