Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Vaydor Build - First Timer, Eager to Document his BUILD from start 2 Finish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Vaydor Build - First Timer, Eager to Document his BUILD from start 2 Finish!

My name is Billy
    So bare with me everyone as this is my first ever time posting or joining any online car builder community. I am so excited to be able to say i met with Matt at his shop this past weekend and have paid my deposit and am eagerly looking forward to my next call from him to say come pick up your kit. Since meeting with him at his shop, as i am semi-local, (Land O Lakes, FL) I have located and purchased my donor car to be chopped up and to be reborn a VAYDOR!!! Matt Says it should take him about 3 weeks to get a kit ready for me, So hopefully by then ill have the donor chopped up and awaiting its new parts. Any advice anyone can give me for this build would be greatly appreciated. I have browsed thru the forum in these last few days and am pleased to see how many kind words and support everyone seems to show toward these builds. I hope as i mature in this build and on this forum i can contribute too.
    Attached Files
    Current Build: Vaydor Convertible Roadster

First congrats on buying the kit, it a beautiful kit, Read guides from matt, ask question here, Patience, take it slow so you dont mess up. And if you have some friend or family to help it make it better.
    [CENTER][B]Current Project: Ferrari F430 White[/B]
    [B]Donor Car: 2000 Silver Toyota Celica GT(Automatic)[/B]
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome and goodluck with your build. Your pretty lucky to be so close to Matts shop i had to fly there (9hrs.) rent a huge box van and drive 3300 miles to get home with my vaydor. But it has been lots of fun to own so far. Just know that you can never drive low profile again. There will be eyes on your every turn when your driving it ! lol (no serious) Enjoy Curt

Comment

Thanks for warm welcome so far. Yes I was pretty lucky to be so close to where Matt builds these AWESOME kits. I am so excited to get the kit when it's available. 2016 will be a fun year for sure.

Comment

Welcome !!! Already we have several people building vaydors and sharing their builds... This is what kit car forums are for to share these awesome builds

Unfortunately when it comes to other builds like lambo or ferrari people get stuck but the vaydor are actually getting completed at a good clip

Comment

Yea that's why I ultimately decided to go with Matt, he's semi local so if I run into anything major I could post it here to the forum, or worst-case scenario I'll drive over to Matt and see if he could troubleshoot for me. What do you think a realistic timeframe for a build of a Vaydor is?

Comment

Originally posted by Myshopsfull View Post
              Welcome and goodluck with your build. Your pretty lucky to be so close to Matts shop i had to fly there (9hrs.) rent a huge box van and drive 3300 miles to get home with my vaydor. But it has been lots of fun to own so far. Just know that you can never drive low profile again. There will be eyes on your every turn when your driving it ! lol (no serious) Enjoy Curt
              Do you have any pics online of your finished Vaydor. I try to keep myself excited by looking at everyones builds and how nice they all come out. Its a very impressive thing that so many builders are all able to get such a close finish build quality. I went with the convertible removable top model myself.

Comment

Welcome aboard Localwraps, good luck with build

Comment

Well my car is the one in the build thread on how to build a vaydor. It is the car with the red interior. Number 002 as it is the first production car Matt produced. (As Matt would call it Vaydor Rat rod). I have done very little to my car other then plasti dip it dark gray with carbon fiber trim and black accents. But i have put more then 14k miles on it since it has been road worthy. I have just purchased a z28 ls 6spd donor and when i tear it down for motor swap i will spend the time to do the body and paint to finish. Car will most likely be silver or a pearl white with heavy silver tone, i had Matt do was red with silver stitching. The wheels are also temporary as i havent decided what to buy.(with correct offset). Curt

Comment

I'm 3 miles from matt and working on my first roadster. Ur also welcome to come by my shop to see or hands on questions.

Comment

I told myself I was "retired" from building when I finish a few projects, but the vaydor roadster is beautiful. Good luck on the build and please start a build diary on the forum.
                      Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                      White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                      White Gagliardi Vendetta
                      Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Second chance auto View Post
                        I'm 3 miles from matt and working on my first roadster. Ur also welcome to come by my shop to see or hands on questions.
                        Thanks I may take you up on that if I get hung up somewhere in the build.

Comment

Nice, Vaydor! good luck with the build, Billy!

Comment

Welcome! From what I've seen, the Vaydors have alot of support and guidance as far as custom builds go. Such a cool car though!

Comment

Thanks guys, Well I can't wait to get started on the build, I spoke with Matt yesterday and he says the fiberglass is done and he's just waiting on the 8pt roll age to get back from his welder. Super stoked, hopefully I'll have it by the weekend and I can start chomping at it this weekend. I can't wait to get the kit on the car so I can take pictures and start templating the sides for the my paint design. I have a vehicle wrap company so I plan to do a lot of Photoshop work on the car prior to making my decisions on color. I'm kind of leaning towards anti-freeze green as the primary color with black being an offset color, who knows won't really know until I see it in Photoshop. I'll post some of the concepts once I get to that point.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X