No announcement yet.

Hi all, Im Dave from NZ, and (hopefully) this is my 750 Monza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - I'm envious of your obvious talent!

A little off topic, but how did you end up becoming such a skilled metal former?

Comment

Ah thats not me, If you read back you will see where the metal forming came from. I am average at best with it but learning fast from a master.

Comment

At last, between working far too long, I have managed to get the Monza body on and go for a drive.
        Its a truly awful car, I hope it settles down with some remedial work.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KiwiMonza; 09-06-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Great Achievement Dave, Dont fret about it being an terrible drive first up. All the wheels are still on? Then your 1 up on my first drive of my first car (you really should actually do up all the bolts even if your just going at 10kph up and down the street).

My car is still getting work done to make it better 9months after it was made road legal, the big focus is on the driveability, changing caster, toe, shock settings etc is and endless task that sometimes improves but often makes worse.

The car looks fantastic! So if all else fails at least you have some great artwork to place in the living room!

Comment

Originally posted by ftaffy View Post
            Great Achievement Dave, Dont fret about it being an terrible drive first up. All the wheels are still on? Then your 1 up on my first drive of my first car (you really should actually do up all the bolts even if your just going at 10kph up and down the street).

My car is still getting work done to make it better 9months after it was made road legal, the big focus is on the driveability, changing caster, toe, shock settings etc is and endless task that sometimes improves but often makes worse.

The car looks fantastic! So if all else fails at least you have some great artwork to place in the living room!

You are right of course, the Monza wheels havent been aligned, the suspension hasnt been set up properly, the front roll bar isnt fitted, the clutch is awful and the carbs are out of tune.

Im pretty sure it will feel 100% better when those issues are sorted.
            Luckily I have a guy who restores formula Atlantic cars here who can set the Monza up nicely.

Comment

That should do the trick! Just remember that even the big guys need an initial shakedown. The very first Volvo had its gearbox on backwards = lots of reverse gears but only one very slow speed forwards.

Comment

Wait... are you a Merman supporter? There's a misogynistic, oppressive, self-gratifying painting of a Mermaid on the plane in the background!

lol

I hate political correctness, but I love the car. It's amazing what can be done by a skilled metal worker. Is this going to be your car, or are you building for a client?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X