Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Hi Everyone! Today is a special day for me! I was fortunate to aquire the Prova Countach I built some 20 years ago! I've missed it a lot over the years. I have only dreamed of ever having a second chance with her, and real Countach's are quite out of reach to most of us now! Today my dream has come true! It will look great next to my original 90 Testarossa! I am twice blessed and very thankful. Hard work passion, and a little luck have played a part as well. (That story will be forthcoming)! The Prova has had 2 owners after I sold it. It had a Delorean V6, which Prova Designs had engineered the square tube chassis for. I hated that engine because the power was anemic, and it would never idle well. I made the aluminum wheel covers that mount to steel circle track rims. I turned wood on a lathe and drilled the 5 holes, and gave the holes a 2% draft angle to aide mold separation. These wood patterns were sent to a foundry to be cast in aluminum. I then had them polished. I like them but they are difficult to balance! Perhaps they could be welded into aluminum modular rims permanently? I also built the roll down window mechanisms that work well like the original ones. The second owner in Michigan put in a 355 Chevrolet V8 engine, mated to a Getrag box from a Fiero. He also added on the 88.5 side skirts/strakes. It was then sold to my friend Richard. He later replaced the V8 with a 3.1 V6 which it now has. Richard had lost one of his legs to cancer. I moved the gas pedal to the left side to accommodate his left leg at that time. I also adapted and installed an automatic transmission for him back then. He is doing ok, but has developed an infection he needs to have addressed. That is him in the wheel chair. The car has become difficult for him to work on and use, thus the decision to sell to me. THANK YOU Richard!!! May God bless you with your needs! Here are pictures from today. There was a minor mishap unloading the car to the shop. The tow truck driver released the car while inclined on the trucks ramp. My Mechanic was at the wheel but the brakes were not working!!! The car briskly went down the ramp into the open bay and hit the garage door in the back of the shop! There was only minor damage to the chin spoiler, which needed work anyway. Not so lucky was the door We will be fine though. FYI- I am a very busy man with my Dental Lab business so be warned that updates might be delayed because of this! Also these projects take a lot of time and money! I am Blessed beyond measure, but not rich unfortunately! Enjoy, and be well. I welcome any and all comments and suggestions, but lets keep it all good natured. This is after all a place to have fun and meet nice folks right?!!! Eddy

My plans:
    1. Re engine it with a V8 or V12. I have a Getrag and an adapter, but might also look into longitudinal mounting with a Porsche transaxle or the like.

2. Re-do upholstery and paint. I love the Guards Red it now wears, but man do I love a white on white Countach!! Yellow is another favorite!

3. Re-do dash to a more authentic level, original steering wheel, shift knob dash buttons and switches etc.

4. Re design headlight pop up motors and improve all panel gaps, re engineer all hinges on trunk, engine cover, bonnet, head light buckets etc. Also lighten up the doors and put new gas charged struts. (drivers door won't stay up).

5. Permanently affix the wheel covers, change to fiberglass or get Bravo's or originals. If anyone has originals or good reproductions they would part with please contact me!

6. Re position K member (rear sub frame) to get rear wheels positioned correctly. When the second owner swapped the engine/k member, they didn't position it correctly! The wheels are too far back in the wheel opening by about 2.5 inches. I might lower the back a tad as well. It sits slightly high.

Funny thing happened on the way to the shop. The Tow driver was told by a guy while at a red light "Nice repo man"! Driver says: Not a repo, it belongs to that guy behind me in that M5! Hee Hee Hee!
    Fast Eddy
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-24-2016, 10:09 PM.

Here are some Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

There is always something special about getting a old car back. Looks good man.
      Cheers jose'.
      [I][URL="http://www.osicustomcars.com"]www.osicustomcars.com[/URL]

[/I][URL]https://za.pinterest.com/cd9984/pins/[/URL]

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!
        Now building in Mooresville NC
        [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton[/url]
        [url]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton[/url]
        [url]http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/[/url]

Comment

Looks fantastic! Got any interior pics?

Comment

Thanks for the great comments everyone! I do have many more pics but I'm having difficulty attaching pics in "manage attachments" Any tips gratefully appreciated! There has to be an easier way. I'm computer challenged I guess
            Attached Files
            Fast Eddy
            Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-17-2016, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Another attempt at pics. Firs pic is just prior to the mishap, ready for launch. My mechanic is going to check fuel system. Car sat unused for 12 or so years. It would only run for a few seconds with a shot of starting fluid. I suspect old gas, fuel filter, fuel pump and gas tank needing cleaned or replaced. Richard had the side bolsters, center tunnel and door cards re upholstered in the darker brown. Not sure why, perhaps due to wear or preference. I'll have them re done to match seats or redo everything (leather of coarse)!
              Attached Files
              Fast Eddy
              Last edited by Fast Eddy; 04-16-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Yaaaaay! I got a few more to upload!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Use photobucket to post pics it's way easier , especially if they are on your phone . Use the photobucket app to upload then paste the IMG links into your reply here

Comment

Congrats!

We need a shot of it next to the TR now that they are stable mates!

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                      [...] but man do I love a white on white Countach!! [...]
                      Countach88.5 will probably agree with you about the white Countach!

Nice looking car! That's really cool that you were able to track it down, then get it back.

I hope the tow truck guy pays for the garage door, and not you, but I'm glad it didn't damage your car much.

Comment

I stopped by the shop today. I noticed while looking in the engine bay that the high mounted fuel pump had a rubber hose that was kinked. I pointed that out to the mechanic. He hadn't got to it yet. I bet dollars to doughnuts that this might be the fuel flow problem! I still want him to thoroughly go through all components of fuel system just to be sure. I can't wait to drive it. The engine really sounded nice when it ran for just a moment and died. Sounds like it has straight through pipes!!! Cheers, Eddy
                        Fast Eddy
                        Last edited by Fast Eddy; 04-15-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

This is exactly the kind of car I would like to buy. I would love a Prova Countach, yours looks great....I really dig them in red, and when I first looked at the pics I assumed those were the real Countach wheels on there. I'd love a white, red, or silver one myself.
                          Good to hear that the damage done was only to the spoiler which needed work anyway....would be shame if anything else was damaged.
                          What a great car, I'm sure you will enjoy it to the fullest.

Comment

@20below... Once I get her home I'll get pics of the two together. The TR needs a water pump which means engine out! Ugh!!! The dealer wants $14K (if I remember correctly) to do it along with a major service and electrical issue sorting!!! I think I'll pass on that and do it myself. Parts are about $1300. I've driven it a lot for 6 years. Ferrari ownership can get you when you're least expecting it. I also have electrical issues needing done as well. In spite of all that, the TR is so dang much fun to drive!

@Drewbdo...Thanks for the compliment! I'm truly excited. I do love Coutach88.5's car a lot! The Mechanic is taking responsibility, but like you, I feel the tow driver has some responsibility as well. We shall see! I have an Enzo project that I was about ready to start- (I have most key parts and components ready to go) but that will have to go to the back burner for now. I have a Ferrari V12 out of a 456 Ferrari for the Enzo.....Hey what about putting the F motor in the Lambo!!! I can just see it now...Enzo rolling over in the grave Ha Ha!

@TNH...Thanks a lot! This will be a fun journey. I am thankful the damage was not that bad as well. I couldn't believe my eyes as it was happening! Seemed like a bad dream in slow motion! Take Care-Eddy
                            Fast Eddy
                            Last edited by Fast Eddy; 04-18-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Eddy, very cool story, very cool car. I like the fact that you're going to rework it a bit. The wheels really snuck under the radar, I didn't realise anyone had done that, and they look amazing. I have Diablo wheels for my Prova, but I'm also looking at getting 17" replicas made. I have the CAD file for one of them so far. There seems to have been something of a resurgence of Countach builds recently, and between us I think we can supply/source the accurate parts you'll need. Not sure what your plans are for the windows, but we're close to securing OEM spec tempered glass sets for the Countach.

Here to help,

K9

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X