Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All! I finally picked up the CT on friday!!! Yaaay!!! The shop got the fuel tank and fuel delivery system cleaned, and replaced fuel filters, fuel pump and injectors. They also got the brakes working. So the car is not street legal yet but I took the chance of driving her the 1.5 mile journey home! She was on the verge of overheating when I arrived. I found that the rad cap had gone bad. I also heard a brief strange grinding noise half way home. The car stalled right in front of the local police station! Panic time no doubt, but I managed to get her going again! Whew!!! Now at least I can manuver it around my place till I tear into it. The comlete drive train must go. The previously installed drive train was installed by a hack! The engine is tilted towards the passenger side! I think this was done to clear the deck lid. Wowzer!!! I do have my work cut out for me now. The electrics are all screwed up, and so I think rather than trying to get it road legal to drive it in this condition, I'll just tear into it. Everything needs addressed. It does look good in the flesh from 10 feet though! I'm still trying to decide on a drive train. So..... I finally have those stable mate pics you have all been dying to see! I'll give it a go and see if the pic angels are kind to me today!
    Attached Files
    Fast Eddy
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 09-18-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

A couple more, ya gotta love that last pic..... Alpine poster material if the rear was lowered a bit! Also the second pic reminds me of another poster, only a few less stalls! I think it said something like reasons for higher education or something like that. FYI, I have a smallish shop (16'x24' respectively) in the back yard where the action will take place. It is just behind the awning on the right side of our 2 car garage. The Bimmer M5 is my daily. It is a monster with 500 HP. I love it but I need to be careful or it's going to get me into a lot of trouble. It's just too dang powerful for me! The 4runner is my wifes ride. She is not into cars, and gives me a bad time about my problem!
      Attached Files
      Fast Eddy
      Last edited by Fast Eddy; 09-18-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I love BOTH of those!!!!
        Now building in Mooresville NC
        [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton[/url]
        [url]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton[/url]
        [url]http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/[/url]

Comment

Couldn't see the pics but its on my phone and the forums app is not that good.

Bet your glad to have it home. Now you can take your time working on it, looking at it......
          Website link [URL="https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/"]https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/[/URL]
          Blog link [URL="https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/"]https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Comment

@ Adrian and 88.5......Thanks! It is exciting to have home, and is actually fun to just look at as you said! I was editing pics and text about the time you replied 88.5, so try back in a bit to see if pics show up now.

Comment

Looks really good, both of them , is the Testarossa a replica? looks so real.

Comment

Hi Redhammer! I appreciate it! The Testarossa is real. I'm very fortunate to have got it on a mechanic's special 7 years ago. Here's the story. As a died in the wool car fan, I would always frequent the local Ferarri dealership to ogle the awesome machinery that I knew I could never afford. I saw the TR lurking around the place for several years with the rear bumper removed. I asked them about it, and they said it was a Japanese business man who owned it. (He was in Japan more than he was in the states). Turned out that he was having the engine diagnosed, and having the heads re done. A tech accidentally over torqued the head bolts leaving the threads in the block stripped. More time passed, and the car still sat there. I kept pestering them, hoping to acquire the car. (The owner had run up storage fees, paid them, and abandoned the car). After about 7 years of this situation, I once again asked about it. I think I built enough of a fire under them to get them to do something. They did indeed file for the title, and called me, offering me the first right of refusal on the car. I at this time had my first Ferrari, a Euro 308 qv. I offered to trade it in for the TR. Mean while there was great interest from other parties in the TR, around 10 of them. They had cash buyers in line. The asking price? $20,000! I decided to take it. I almost got the boot from the wife. The thought of TWO FERRARIES in the garage was unthinkable to her. I thought I had quasi permission, but learned differently!!! The engine had the heads off, and in a very dusty state. I wanted to get it on the road ASAP. I found a rebuilt TR engine all ready to go. I did a trade deal to get the engine in exchange for my 308. I thought this would appease the wife by going back to one Ferrari. got the engine and $10,000 for the 308. In hind sight it was a big mistake as we all know 308's have tripled in value!!! Ouch. So, I got the car on the road after a year of weekend warrior stints with some good friends and neighbors helping. It is now a non matching numbers car It is a drivers car though and I love it tremendously. It is in need of the water pump and major service which I will do this winter. I should have had the original engine block fixed at a machine shop and kept the 308. It bothers me to this day, but having said that, I am still very fortunate and lucky to have it!!!
                Fast Eddy
                Last edited by Fast Eddy; 09-19-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Your TR is the most accurate "replica" I've seen. lol

Awesome to see your CT back home!

Comment

Thanks Andrew! You know the feeling as well with your new addition! I'm so glad you got that car, and know you will have fun in tinkering and tweaking it to your taste! It will be fun to witness

Comment

Beautiful cars Eddy, congratulations on both my friend. Definitely two of my all time favorites.

So when are you molding the TR? jajajaja
                      autopro
                      Last edited by autopro; 09-20-2016, 10:19 AM.
                      Pedro

Comment

Thanks Pedro! Great question...... The molds would be highly accurate he he👍 Today I sorted many of the electric gremlins out. One problem I have is that when you press the brake pedal, the tail lights light up but so do the front blinker lights!!! Crazy stuff😩

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                          Thanks Pedro! Great question...... The molds would be highly accurate he he Today I sorted many of the electric gremlins out. One problem I have is that when you press the brake pedal, the tail lights light up but so do the front blinker lights!!! Crazy stuff
                          Eddy, I think some of your electric gremlins' relatives live in my TR...

1 - the rear running lights work, but the brake lights don't (same bulb)

2 - the reverse lights don't work

3 - there are extra light sockets, hanging down inside the fenders of the car... guessing those are for (never-installed) side-mounted lights?? However, they don't work with the rear marker/parking lights... they only operate when the blinkers are on. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing they should be on when the parking lights are on, and also blink.

4 - there are two license plate lights ... one inside the rear bumper where it can't be seen, the other dangling in space behind the grille below the bumper (and below the license plate). There is a nice light fixture installed on the bumper, in the correct location... but it doesn't seem to be working.

5 - the front passenger turn signal marker light is missing one of the copper contacts... but don't worry... it was replaced with wadded up aluminum foil lol

6 - driver's door popper is pooped... can only open the passenger door... and that's only after playing with the alarm clicker mashing buttons in an indecipherable order

7 - I haz no Beep Beep ... the steering wheel has a nice horsey on the horn button, but no sound when the button is pressed

If you send me your address, I'll be glad to send the gremlins to your house. I'm sure they would love to reunite with family!! lol
                          Drewbdo
                          Last edited by Drewbdo; 09-26-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Andrew! I hate electrical problems! I have a basic understanding of circuits, but that's about it. The wiring in the CT's center tunnel looks like a couple spaghetti diners that got tossed in there!!! I believe I am the guilty party to that! When I built the car, I had a brand new surplus euro Renault R30 front engine car that was literally chopped in half to use as my doner. It had the PVR (Peugeot/Volvo/Renault) V6 (same engine that is in a Delorean), with an auto tans. The wire harness was half there and a real mess. I went wire by wire trying to get everything working. Eventually I did, but I just tossed the remainder of wiring that I didn't know about in the tunnel! That wasn't the best idea! So I was showing the car to my buddy on Friday, and hopped out of the car while it was at idle. Suddenly it died. While we were chatting, serious smoke came bellowing out of the drivers side bolster!!! Seams that the shop had hard wired the fuel pump directly to the ignition solenoid, and was not fused. The wire went to an on/off switch on the center switchboard. The wiring got so hot that it burned the plastic insulation clean off , exposing the copper wire! Scared me bad! Something shorted out, but not sure what caused it. It might be that there is no return line to the tank. I did rewire it, and it is as it was, but I better put a fuse on it, and install a return line. (I'm tempted to temporarily license the car and drive it till the snow flies over here in Utah)! If I do that I better prepare my self with a fire extinguisher! Fiberglas bodies don't mix to well with fire, not to mention human bodies!!!

As to your problems, sure...... send them my way! I'll be right at home with them Ha Ha!!! As I remember, there was always a dilemma with the Fiero rear tail lights being converted to running and blinker lights on Ferrari replicas as it was set up differently. I once had a v8 conversion 308 replica that I had trouble separating the brake/running/and blinker lights to work in the amber colored Ferrari blinker light. Perhaps there is someone here that can address this for you such as Mera 328gts. As for the license plate lights, just tie them into the running light wiring. Looks like we have plenty to do this winter time! You are much better off than I though! Good luck with PYT's fixes Andrew! Cheers, Eddy
                            Fast Eddy
                            Last edited by Fast Eddy; 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile, in Eddy's center console...

Comment

Hey Andrew! Oh my gosh, you nailed it LOL! Made my day! That pic is a mirror image of my console! Now I don't have to photograph it HaHaHa!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X