Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha, datz funny stuff right there

Comment

Wire zip ties for wiring is a must in my book.

I used to build cop cars for a living in two separate jobs. You can imagine the wiring involved with radars, laptop stands lights sirens, power converters.. you name it.

We had to make our own harnesses to power and work everything and when it came to the installed consoles where all the bells and whistles were tied together to relays and radios and whatever else we had sandwiched in there... wire tires were our absolute best friends.

Lord knows we went through a ton of them, but I'll tell you this, if you ever opened up the console, you would know where everything was running and never have to untangle or dig through any loose wiring.

if ever I get to the point where I can finally put together a car of my own, that is a practice I will certainly follow through with. May be tedious work, but the pay off is huge in the end.
      [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey there Mike! That is some real sound advice right there! That's pretty cool you did cop car wiring! I wish a few cop cars locally had bad wiring on the radar circuit!!! I think once a drive train choice is made, I will start over from scratch with the wiring harness. I will take your suggestions to heart! Thanks! Eddy
        Fast Eddy
        Last edited by Fast Eddy; 10-01-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hi folks! Been away for a while. A quick update. I did finally get the title for the Countach! Yay!! I had to take the previous owner with me to get it done. They had lost my application somehow. Seems the car got a different Vin number since I built it. Strange indeed, as there is no sign of the new number anywhere on the car! Looks like another trip to the DMV examiner. Ugh!!! On another note, I have now installed a 2 post lift in my garage! Iíve been wanting to do this for a long time. I found a supposed deal locally for a electromechanical Lift as opposed to hydraulic. Turns out I had to dump a lot more money into it; new larger electric panel, a rotary phase converter to power the lift and then deal with the Chanel housing the chain drive on the floor. Rather than driving over a bump I cut out my floor to allow it to be recessed. Wow $3K + later😩. Anyway I love it. I can park another car underneath it! Iíll try to post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
            Hey there Mike! That is some real sound advice right there! That's pretty cool you did cop car wiring! I wish a few cop cars locally had bad wiring on the radar circuit!!! I think once a drive train choice is made, I will start over from scratch with the wiring harness. I will take your suggestions to heart! Thanks! Eddy
            I can tell you that the job was awesome, but the people I worked for had fantastically unrealistic ideas of how many cars we should be able to do in a day. Take a Crown Vic completely brand new with the interceptor package which only meant, cloth interior and plastic flooring and a slightly tuned V8 (That V8 was something though when the car was not weighted down with all the cop stuff... man!) and transform it into an all out police interceptor... now do 4 of them in a day. Any less and we were yelled at.... we were yelled at a lot... smh....

But I stand by my wiring suggestion there. There were cars that came in wired by some other yahoos that we had to dismantle... unbelievable how they would wire these things and how the cars didn't catch fire... I will never know.

As for your floor lift. I am eager to see pics of that. Please post when able. Sorry it cost you an arm, leg and first born. but the end result sounds like it was worth it.
            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Hello friends! I must apologize for being away for quite some time. I had to relocate my business and have been busy with life needs! I also got discouraged about difficulties uploading pics. I welcome any suggestions as I have updates to share! A brief recap of what Iíve been up to. I have removed the GM 3.1 V6/auto trans drive train and found a 327 Chevy V8 to mate to the Getrag Fiero 5 speed that used to be in this car at one point. I fabricated new engine mounts to the cradle. I painted the motor Chevy red and wrinkle painted the Micky Thompson valve covers black, and applied a chrome Lamborghini script to them. It has a roller cam, roller rockers, an Edlebrock Performer intake, with a newly rebuilt Holly 600 four barrel carb. Iíve put ceramic coated headers on it and will have them welded to the existing muffler and Ansa Sport tips. I have also relocated the cradle frame to get rear wheels centered better. It was off by 3/4 inch, making the rear wheels too far back in the wheel arch. While doing that I also wanted to lower the rear as it was too high. I purchased a spring compressor tool and adjusted the adjustable coil overs to the lowest setting. Itís very close to original spec, but I might cut off a little of the springs to go a tad bit lower. A little progress. Iíve missed you all and hope you are well and good. Eddy
              Fast Eddy
              Last edited by Fast Eddy; 03-31-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Eddy,

Welcome back.
                it's nice to hear from you and cars.
                I am in the same case as you, here in France, my mother has fallen ill and I work at home, so my project Testarossa is a little stopped. But as soon as I can, I keep working on it
                See you soon, with your beautiful cars.

Christophe de France.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome Christophe! Sorry to hear about your mother. I hope you all are blessed with your needs! My 93 year old Father left us last October due to aging complications. He was a great man and father of 8. He served in the Navy and the Airforce. He was an Architect and Engineer, with some award winning designs. He had good taste in cars, to name a few: Cadilacís, Oldsmobile Tornado, Buick Riviera,Cutlass, Desoto, Audi 5000, Ford Maverick and Starliner, 62 Dodge truck, and 65 Chevy truck. He was a shade tree mechanic and helped me rebuild my first engine in my first car, a 68 Camero. He made a ďgrease pitĒ from cement allowing access to the underside of a car. Some great memories there. Take care! Eddy

Comment

Hello mad mechanics friends! I’ve had some life happen and have been away for too long! Here is an update. I chose to put a cammed 327 roller engine with a 5spd getrag into the car for now. I dressed it up with black wrinkle paint on valve covers with Lamborghini logos and ceramic coated headers. While at it I corrected the cradle location more forward to center the rear wheels better. I also included a pic of the lift I installed. I put I’m a 220 garage heater for the cold winters here in Utah. I was lucky to find OEM interior panels for a new white leather interior! More to come shortly! Cheers, Eddy

Comment

• Hello mad mechanics friends! I’ve had some life happen and have been away for too long! Here is an update. I chose to put a cammed 327 roller engine with a 5spd getrag into the car for now. I dressed it up with black wrinkle paint on valve covers with Lamborghini logos and ceramic coated headers. While at it I corrected the cradle location more forward to center the rear wheels better. I also included a pic of the lift I installed. I put in a 220 garage heater for the cold winters here in Utah. I was lucky to find OEM interior panels for a new white leather interior! More to come shortly! Cheers, Eddy
                      Fast Eddy
                      Last edited by Fast Eddy; 12-18-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Looking good love the engine
                        Website link [URL="https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/"]https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/[/URL]
                        Blog link [URL="https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/"]https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Comment

• Hello Eddy.
                          It is a great pleasure to read you and see pictures of this great car. It is superb work. These pieces are beautiful.
                          Your engine is very beautiful.
                          Here too, in the south of France, it is cold.
                          Have a Merry Christmas.
                          See you soon.

Christophe.

Comment

• Thank you 88 and Christophe! Nice to hear from you! I also was able to purchase Roin wheels from ITALY, and shod them with the new Pirelli P7’s! Love them! I gutted the entire spaghetti looking wiring, and purchased a new wiring harness from quick wire. Also got in a new Vintage air A/C system for heat, A/C, and defrost. It barely fits under dash. I modified the Fiero shifter with a more authentic looking Mercedes shaft that was welded in place of the stock one I cut off. I then lowered the shifter into the tunnel further to fit the tunnel height correctly, and made a framework to carry the gate and allow the shaft to mesh through the gate. I needed to mod the throws for it to work through all the slots. I found a couple OEM gear knobs that I was lucky to find. K9 cop furnished me with the gage plate and a exact copy of the Lambo gate. I got more cool stuff from him to be shared later!
                            Fast Eddy
                            Last edited by Fast Eddy; 12-18-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Gorgeous !!

Comment

• Can't go wrong with Roin and Mav. Looks so good
                                Website link [URL="https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/"]https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/[/URL]
                                Blog link [URL="https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/"]https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X