Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Todd and Christophe! A merry Christmas to you all as well! A few more things to report. The much loved Testarossa got sold in the pandemic. Probably a mistake! I did however pic up a 83 Lotus Turbo Esprit Investor Edition #32 of 50. Engine has been rebuilt from the crank up, but needs installation. It needs paint and interior work though. Sort of a money pit.

As to other work done on the Countach over the pandemic: I chose to do the series 3 dash. I traded K9 cop for door card inlays for the OEM series 1 dash I had. I wanted the outside dash vents for better a/c distribution in our hot summers here. I made the birch ply top,and fabricated a metal facia with outboard dash vents, inboard switch gear panels and the glove box as close to exact as possible, which then get white leather. I made my own version of the side release mechanism in the glove box door. It took several tries. It’s spring loaded with a ball point pen spring ha ha. Works excellent.
    Attached Files
    Fast Eddy
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 12-19-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Here’s the Lotus
      Attached Files

Comment

• A couple more pics with better cropping! Shall I do a 007 James Bond scheme??? (The white red stripe one that gets blown up at the beginning of the show in For Your Eyes Only or the maroon/gold ski rack car).
        Attached Files
        Fast Eddy
        Last edited by Fast Eddy; 12-19-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• My door side sills are OE. I’ve noticed that on Countach’s that have wear, there is a concave bit of leather where the speaker hole is. I decided to fill in the hole with 2 layers of sheet metal riveted to the fiberglass and drill out large holes for sound to carry through. Then I body worked the front for a smooth surface. It’s very strong and should resist deforming when pushed against.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I’d like to wish all of you Mad Mechanics out there a Happy New Year! I have a few more pics to share. I got a console switch plate from K9 and have built a framework to mount it to as seen in the pic. I also added lotus Esprit gas, clutch and brake pedals with a BMW master cylinder. Notice the OE pedal rubber covers. I purchased an aluminum 4core equivalent radiator which I mounted up front and angled upwards on leading edge. I put Corvette C5 fans on it. My built 327 engine makes a lot of heat, and this seems to handle it. I fabricated a underbelly scoop from sheet steel to force ram air through it. The hot air will then be deflected back down to the ground by shields to be made. Also a pic of engine in place with a cold air intake I fashioned from various parts. My next door neighbor fabricated the exhaust system with magnafow mufflers and OE tips. I’ve included a pic of the Testarossa before I sold it, with a celebrity personality! Another pic is a hint of an upcoming build.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Here is the TR pic
              Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X