Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beloved Prova and I reunited after 20 yrs!!! Refresh starts here!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey Bob! Funny enough, I took a pic of the back side of my front rim this morning! Here it is. Rears are same. As to your questions, Andrea at Roin was very good at getting back via email. There seemed to be a language barrier but was able to understand each other. He will want to know bolt pattern and color. (My gold wheels did not come clear coated which I recommend doing before mounting tires). I wanted exact bolt pattern as Countach 5x120 I believe. This required me to modify my hubs and track (width from hub face to hub face). I made adjustable a arms to replace my OE ones to dial in the right look with the body. The wheels took about 5 weeks to fabricate. They shipped it via UPS (another week). I think he can also customize back spacing a little. Just send him all your specs. I believe I did a wire transfer to Roin. As for my windshield, I have an OE one. When I built the car back then, I eliminated Provas inch wide A pillar so it’s flush with the side of A pillar. It is flush with the roof contour as well. I wish I’d known about the incorrect roof angle back then. If I go ahead with the fix, I’ll have to redo the doors window framework to match the raised roof. I think I’ve just got to do it, since everything else is going to be very closely copied. Your soooo lucky to have got that OE glass! Dang! Here is the beginnings of my LED headlight conversion. I still need to make headlight surround trims.

    Don
    Senior Member
    Don- I really appreciate you checking in Don! I’ve been watching your build over the years- every entry. I’m floored by the quality, and attention to detail you have put into that beauty! Hands down the best 308 replica out there! I’m so excited for you to be driving it soon! I was lucky enough to own a real 83 Euro 308 QV! I miss her dearly. Handled like a go cart. No joke. I have discussed the glass and frames with Mav a while back, but recent budget constraints have held me back. I do thank you for you efforts along with Mav to make it an option for us! Thanks ! Enjoy that sweet car in good health! Eddy
    Attached Files
    Fast Eddy
    Junior Member
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 03-12-2022, 05:32 AM.

    Comment


    • Hi guys! Sure is nice to have spring time here now! It’s still swinging back and forth from cold to warm, but I’ll take it! I had a gal bladder removal surgery that put me off the project for a while, but I’m doing well and back at it! I’m a step closer to finishing my interior panels which go off to the upholsterer next week. I re did the defroster panel in metal as my fiberglass piece had been drilled out for a 2 vent LP 400 style and then two 3 vent versions, and it was just tired with repairs. I’ll admit I’m not a metal fabrication pro, just doing what I can with what I’ve got. (Wish I had a decent brake and a sheer. Oh well)! To get my bends, I zip cut a trough on back side, making it easy to fold by hand. So my new Vintage Air system only has 2 defrost ports, so I decided to make a box sorta OE, to have all 3 working, with 2 ports on the back side for the hoses to connect to. I then welded tabs with riv nuts to accept bolts from under dash to hold it down. My next panel is the rear window trim panel and opera window trim panels, which I hope to finish next week.
      Attached Files
      Fast Eddy
      Junior Member
      Last edited by Fast Eddy; 04-10-2022, 07:30 AM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
        Hi guys! Sure is nice to have spring time here now! It’s still swinging back and forth from cold to warm, but I’ll take it! I had a gal bladder removal surgery that put me off the project for a while, but I’m doing well and back at it! I’m a step closer to finishing my interior panels which go off to the upholsterer next week. I re did the defroster panel in metal as my fiberglass piece had been drilled out for a 2 vent LP 400 style and then two 3 vent versions, and it was just tired with repairs. I’ll admit I’m not a metal fabrication pro, just doing what I can with what I’ve got. (Wish I had a decent brake and a sheer. Oh well)! To get my bends, I zip cut a trough on back side, making it easy to fold by hand. So my new Vintage Air system only has 2 defrost ports, so I decided to make a box sorta OE, to have all 3 working, with 2 ports on the back side for the hoses to connect to. I then welded tabs with riv nuts to accept bolts from under dash to hold it down. My next panel is the rear window trim panel and opera window trim panels, which I hope to finish next week.
        Nice project! Way to go

        Comment

        Unconfigured Ad Widget

        Collapse
        Working...
        X