No announcement yet.

Chupacabra build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aw, no wonder it did not have any views. The privacy setting was accidentally turned on again. Try it now Ratrog.

Comment

• It has been some time since I published an update or video, mainly due to the fact that all of the recent progress is on 3D sculpting and that is not very interesting or photogenic. The good news there is that we are only a few weeks from sending it to plugs and mold making. There has been one new event of interest. Centerline Wheel has closed up shop and this left me searching for another wheel vendor and style. I was happy with the "Oval" series wheel they had as it resembled the original Countach wheel. After searching and realizing that there was not another wheel on the market that had the retro look that I wanted, I began to explore having a custom wheel made. I negotiated with several companies, settled on one, and was just about to send the money when I realized something. If I am going to have a custom wheel made, why do I want the "Oval"? Why not make an original Countach design wheel? For everyone building a Countach replica, I will have Phone Dial wheels in about four weeks. Price will be about $2,000 per set, depending on size.

Comment

• No kidding on the wheels Charlie? That would be so amazing to get the phone dials in larger diameter so we can get rubber more easily....

I look forward to seeing the pics of the first sets to come out.

Keep it up and we are watching.
        Don
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Thanks Don and no kidding. Speaking of getting tires, I am using 18 and 20 on the Chupacabra but have the Phone Dials any size. By coincidence, today I was looking at Perrelli-Zero's for Aventador take off wheels I have here for a Carlos project. I knew the 15" ones for a Countach, the only option, were in the $650-$750 range. I was pleasantly surprised that the 19 and 20 for this Aventador project were in the $250-$450 range. I have a deal to use Yokahama S-Drive on the Chupacabra.

Comment

• Hello there Charlie! I would love a set of phone dial 15" wheels for my Countach. Did I understand correctly that you could do this size? Put me down if so!!!

Comment

• Yes, what width, backspacing and bolt pattern do you need? Then I can get you an exact quote.

Comment

• Hi Charlie. Like Don , I would be interested in a set of 17 's , keep us posted please

Comment

• Thanks Charlie, I want the rims in OEM bolt patern width and backspacing. (Will these be exact replicas? I have another sorce for authentic replicas, but will hold due to better pricing with you) I will modify my hubs and suspension to accommodate original spec wheels. I would like them finished in the gold color that originals had if an available option. I don't have original specs at the moment, but could get them if needed. Thanks again! You are the best! Eddy
                  Fast Eddy
                  Last edited by Fast Eddy; 05-17-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Dhart, Don, and FE, I am supposed to have the final shop drawings for approval by the end of this week. I will share those with you and once approved, it will be 4-6 weeks to produce wheels. All of the tooling cost is already paid.

Comment

• Charlie red you starting to sell forged wheels too? If so how much per set? Just curious

Comment

• Metro, yes but I am only having the rotary forgings made for the old Countach style Phone Dial Wheel. I can go from 15" to 20". Price is around $2,000 per set, but size will influence that by several hundred dollars.
                        76mx
                        Last edited by 76mx; 05-18-2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• I got the first Phone Dial wheels today and are absolutely pleased with them. To anyone wanting a set of these for their build, A new stricklandracinginc YouTube video #36 is uploading now which shows their detail. Can't be happier with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 76mx View Post
                            I got the first Phone Dial wheels today and are absolutely pleased with them. To anyone wanting a set of these for their build, A new stricklandracinginc YouTube video #36 is uploading now which shows their detail. Can't be happier with them.
                            Wheels look Great!!!
                            Anyone can buy a car, only the strong can build a car!
                            When you build it, it is forever yours!
                            Casey B.

Comment

• Thank you Countachlover. The tires are mounted and I just posted a new video to YouTube showing them.

Comment

• We have begun the plug and mold making process for the body parts. After all of this time, it feels like a milestone and a landmark day. It is early in the process, but I have posted some pictures of them on Facebook at CharleysChupacabra.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X