No announcement yet.

Chupacabra build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This topic was briefly infected with a Dumb-ass (Bobi) Virus, It has since been disinfected again. If your post is missing it is because it had traces of this dumb-ass infection or references to it.

Now back to a great build diary back on topic.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

• Thank you MR The Boss, and on that note, Youtube #26 is being loaded now and should be ready within the hour.

Comment

• Thank you BOSS, now on to the Chupacabra .

Comment

• Got the axles in and all four corners hung today, also published #27 on YouTube today. I have an article for Reincarnation Magazine, formerly Carbuilder Magazine, formerly Kitcar Builder Magazine about how easy it is to mount C-6 Corvette hubs to Lexus axles to a Porsche/Audi gearbox. It has been written for some time, but needed the pictures from today for illustration. I can now submit that to Steve Temple (who is still the editor) and it should be in the next issue or so. I have done several stories for them, my ACM construction technique article was a few issues ago, and anyone else that would like to see their efforts published, Steve is very accessible and would welcome your material. Ikaros, Paul, Autopro? Just to name a few.
          Attached Files
          76mx
          Last edited by 76mx; 09-05-2016, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Very glad to see things are back on track.

Charlie, the car looks less and less like a kit and like an OEM production as you progress.

Simply fantastic work thus far and can't wait to check out the video's and get caught up on your progress.
            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Hi Charlie, I just watched no 27 where you covered hinging the glove box and fitted a stay to hold it up, I wondered what you were going to do to hold the lid shut, as currently it will flap up and down with bumps in the road, well it would on my road its a pothole filled gravel road lol, are you going to fit a magnetic catch like they put on the old school tv cabinets to hold it shut, great build keep up the great work, and another thought does your camera have a motion stabilizer built in, it would make the videos smoother.
              Best Regards
              Graeme

Comment

• That sure is a sexy shot of the rear of your chassis! I also just watched your latest video and every time I watch another one I am amazed of how you thought of so many details. I do want to know one thing, whernan I go dig through your trash? I could probably build me another chassis with all the parts you are throwing away jajajaja
                Pedro

Comment

• Charlie,

In an early video you discussed different alloys that you used and why. Your chassis jumped from a pile of parts to a finished item in one step that we didn't see. Do you plan to say anything about the welding and bonding processes you used before you go on to bodywork?

Stan

Comment

• Hello Stan from Guadalajara, Jalisco. I have many fond memories from the time that I have spent in Guadalajara, and Jalisco, and San Blas, and the Provence just west of there where all of the Tequila in the world comes from. I am sure the glue process has been covered in the videos but do not know which one. The Pliogrip 90 Structural Adhesive was talked about as well as the selection process, and there is also info about that earlier on this thread. There is no welding on the chassis.

Pedro, I wondered when someone would comment about all of my good trash. It makes me feel guilty to throw it out.

Lambolex, the latches are a couple of dollar Southco item that were also used on every Goodtime Van ever made. The Southco line allows me to match the material, texture, color, and style of all of the interior details like door handles, door openers, hood and trunk release, etc. . That Southco line is available through Austin Hardware and they also make the DOT approved bearclaw double action door latches. Austin Hardware and their other assorted product lines are a valuable asset on a project like this. The tab for the glove box latch is built into the glove box assembly. That same latch is used on the instrument pod to access the master cylinders. The picture shows the small shelf which mounts the microphone for the stereo, It goes through a slot in the face and continues back to make the tab that holds the latch. Another example of my obsession with making everything perform two functions.

G35 Mike, thank you for your kind words.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Picture of driver's side.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• #28 was posted to YouTube yesterday. It talks about how easy it is to mount C-6 hubs to a Porsche gearbox with Toyota axles if you know the right part numbers. A more extensive article about this for Reincarnation Magazine (formerly Carbuilder Magazine) has been written for some time but was waiting for photo illustration that I just got far enough along to provide. Steve Temple, the Editor, told me a few days ago that he thought it would be a good match if some mid-engine concept cars that would use this axle configuration could be featured in an accompanying article. I told him that I knew just the way to do that and fellow Forum member Ikaros is about to have some of his work published.

Comment

• A friend of mine in the LED lighting business surprised me Monday with LED lights for my shop at home. I am going to have to wear sunglasses in here.

...and no pictures are posting today
                          76mx
                          Last edited by 76mx; 09-20-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Concerning the lights

Concerning the pictures

lol
                            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Let me try an even numbered day.

Nope, still not posting.
                              76mx
                              Last edited by 76mx; 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Hi Charley have you tried dropping a pm to (theboss) to see if he can sort it. I found it random sometimes it will post a pic but usually says server error .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X