Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch build Countach 5000'ish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Spend some time moving the turn signal bucket forward 3/8" and widening the space between the bucket and headlight recess. Thanks again Lambolex for the measurements.

    After moving the bucket, I went ahead and filled in the bucket to mimic the reflector should I choose not to build a metal one.

    It looks like the molds I am going to make off this body are going to be multi-piece for each panel with all the nooks and crannies.
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #17
      Does anyone have the dimensions for, or, a scratched/broken rear perspex lens, that I can use to check my rear body dimensions and fab a set? I work at a sign shop and want to check with my suppliers if I can get the right type of plastic and color. Would be happy to make you a set for your trouble when I start fabricating.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Riverbank-Rich View Post
        Does anyone have the dimensions for, or, a scratched/broken rear perspex lens, that I can use to check my rear body dimensions and fab a set? I work at a sign shop and want to check with my suppliers if I can get the right type of plastic and color. Would be happy to make you a set for your trouble when I start fabricating.
        Yup, I have the file as a PDF and a tracing of a real one to check it. I know the name and colour code of the material too. PM an email address and I'll send it along. We could make a few sets.... ;-)

        K9

        Comment


        • #19
          Getting closer to be able to start the mold making process for the passenger side. Thanks to Lambolex and K9 for the help with OEM part and body dimensions to help refine the size and shape of the body.



          Moved and resized opening for rear vent grill (sixth time I think..losing track). Made the lip shorter with a more narrow top.




          Enlarged rear fender well and reshaped. Top of the arches on the front and rear fender wells are now equal heights.

          Moved the NACA duct up.

          Narrowed the trim between the quarter glass and the door edge. Adjusted the angle of the quarter window and the length for the grill attachment.




          Reshaped and filled in the rear taillight housing to match the perspex lens. Little more work needed shaping the bottom of the fender with more curves on the bottom lip. Also the beveled edge around the tail section needs to be added.





          Moved the front turn signal lens housing down and refilled. Moved the headlight opening and resized closer to OEM.





          The door is going to be stretched 1 7/8" longer. That will give me the 37" I need for the window height between the roof line and front hood. The bottom kicker panel will also be stretched the same distance. Overall car length will be around the 165" mark.

          If anything looks out of place or I am missing something, please let me know. Can't see the forest because of the trees sometimes. I started out the build to be somewhat close, but after following a lot of the builds, close isn't cutting it any more. You all are a bad influence.
          Last edited by Riverbank-Rich; 07-09-2016, 03:57 PM. Reason: pictures

          Comment


          • #20
            Not seeing the images. ..maybe it's just me

            Comment


            • #21
              I can't see them either

              Use photobucket to host pics

              Comment

              Unconfigured Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X