No announcement yet.

The Rebirth of Corson Spyder #63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks nice. Has anyone every stretched a corson to match the 512bb wheelbase/proportions a little better?

Comment

I have wondered about that too. I had intended to do the stretch. The spyder version would be very easy to do with minimal body work. I suppose it is a matter of taste for the owners though. I heard that the white car above is the only 512 BB spyder in the world.
      Last edited by Fast Eddy; 06-22-2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Didn't straman do a few 512 convertible conversions on real cars

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
          I have wondered about that too. I had intended to do the stretch. The spyder version would be very easy to do with minimal body work. It suppose it is a matter of taste for the owners though. I heard that the white car above is the only 512 BB spyder in the world.
          The spyder looks fantastic. The corson cars looks really nice already too and it's great to see them revived. Here are photos I took of a 512bb at a recent all Italian car show I hope it's of some inspiration. (and I have other pics of countach lp5000, miura, diablo, f355, 348, 550, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442 View Post
            Didn't straman do a few 512 convertible conversions on real cars
            They did a few Testarossa conversions. Don't remember seeing them on 512BB/BBi's, other than the white one (not sure if Straman did that one).

How much of a stretch would the wheelbase need to be the same size? They look pretty close now, at least to my untrained eye.

Comment

As we all know the wheelbase of the Fiero is 93.4 inches while the Ferrari BB512 is 98.4 inches. I have researched this subject and the only way to stretch the Fiero properly to replicate the BB512 is to add the 5 inches behind the seats.

Here are a couple Ferrari BB512 Spiders, one yellow like # 63!

Dominic355, if you could post a level, straight on, side profile picture of # 63, I'll Photoshop it with the 5 inch stretch.

Comment

Wow even the real Ferrari has the massive rear wheel well gap!!

Maybe that's why the kits tried to copy it

Comment

Originally posted by mera308gts View Post
                  As we all know the wheelbase of the Fiero is 93.4 inches while the Ferrari BB512 is 98.4 inches. I have researched this subject and the only way to stretch the Fiero properly to replicate the BB512 is to add the 5 inches behind the seats.

Here are a couple Ferrari BB512 Spiders, one yellow like # 63!

Interesting... ^^ dude changed the rear brake duct... or at least, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a 512BB with a brake duct like that one.

Originally posted by mera308gts View Post

Dominic355, if you could post a level, straight on, side profile picture of # 63, I'll Photoshop it with the 5 inch stretch.
                  ^^ That's cool! That photo of the white 512 is the only convertible 512 I ever remember seeing, but then again, the Testarossa was always my favorite body. I never paid as much attention to the 512BB's.

I hope Dominic355 will post that photo. If you guys hadn't mentioned the difference in the wheelbase, I wouldn't have realized it. I guess that's one benefit about the older F-car replicas. There are so few of them on the road or even in magazines anymore, you can get away with a little more "fudge factor". People aren't as familiar with them as they are with the new/current OEM cars.

Comment

Repair and fiberglass work has begun on rear section. The lower section had to formed and totally rebuilt.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dominic355; 07-04-2016, 01:21 AM.

Comment

nothing to see here

Comment

I wonder who bought it and how the restoration is coming along?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X