N.H's next project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.H's next project

Now my non kitcar project is running to an end I asked my self a few months ago :what would be the thing I would like to build most?
    My own design! A few years back I already made some drawings but now I stepped up the pace and made things serious
    Sow I went searching for a good donor and found a very good Mr2 sw20 with low mileage for a price I couldn't leave it.
    I like the sw20 because of the feel of the car. It's a real drivers car and love driving it( even standard).

When I finished my design I had to purchase the wheels and coilovers to get the stance I'm looking for.

Wheels are Japan racing JR11 in 19"x11 with 295/35/19 and 19x 8,5 with 235/35/19
    (Yes I know, the same specs as an Gallardo)
    The coilovers are from Hsd

Had to take out a bit of the rear wheel arches but those wide wheels (incl 3cm spacer) fit without any problems.

That's about it for now, I got the stance I was looking for.

First I'll have to finish my other car but when reassembled , I can get going on this one.

Keep you posted!

Greetings Nathan

Are you willing to share the idea for your custom project.

I can understand if not, but you have my curiosity pegged as to what your aiming for.
    [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Not yet, it was really a lot of work to get the design to where it is now.
      When I actually start fabricating I will share but at the moment all I can say, it's gonna be a mix of white and carbon fibre panels.

Comment

Hi N.H.! Great wheels! Looks like a delicious wide body on the horizon! We need more original designs! Cheers, Eddy

Comment

Looks nice mate!! Cant wait to see ur design!! How are. You going to make your plug!? Using cnc?

Comment

He Dick, thanx.
            No I m not using a cnc or plug. I'll be using a technic I've learned myself with my Plymouth build in combination with the clay method. I'll show you when I get started.
            I'm more of a "what my brains sees, my hands make" kinda guy instead of computer design.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
              Hi N.H.! Great wheels! Looks like a delicious wide body on the horizon! We need more original designs! Cheers, Eddy
              ^^^^What he said...
              [URL]https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711[/URL]

Comment

Even do my scamp project has a little bit work left I couldn't resist and made a start for mocking up the exhaust.

Comment

Cant wait to hear it!!! When its working i would like to come over and see it if thats ok with you..

Cheers

Comment

Ofcourse that ok, now I still need to get rid of the raspy sound it makes on high rpm's But with the first muffler being chambered I can experiment a bit to make it a reactive muffler. If that doesn't work I will add two more mufflers in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by N.H View Post
                      Now my non kitcar project is running to an end I asked my self a few months ago :what would be the thing I would like to build most?
                      My own design! A few years back I already made some drawings but now I stepped up the pace and made things serious
                      Sow I went searching for a good donor and found a very good Mr2 sw20 with low mileage for a price I couldn't leave it.
                      I like the sw20 because of the feel of the car. It's a real drivers car and love driving it( even standard).

When I finished my design I had to purchase the wheels and coilovers to get the stance I'm looking for.

Wheels are Japan racing JR11 in 19"x11 with 295/35/19 and 19x 8,5 with 235/35/19
                      (Yes I know, the same specs as an Gallardo)
                      The coilovers are from Hsd

Had to take out a bit of the rear wheel arches but those wide wheels (incl 3cm spacer) fit without any problems.

That's about it for now, I got the stance I was looking for.

First I'll have to finish my other car but when reassembled , I can get going on this one.

Keep you posted!

Greetings Nathan
                      Love those custom kits Nathan! Tell me your going to stretch her 10-13" Love the black rims? What type of look are you going after?
                      Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                      White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                      White Gagliardi Vendetta
                      Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Thanks Mad mods, Nope I'm not going to do a stretch but don't worry about it.
                        The demensions will be correct for the wheelbase.
                        IMO the demension in a design are the most important.
                        I did had to change out the front wheels back to 18" because there was no clearance between subframe and tire but my original design had 18" already at the front so no harm is donde there.

I'm going for a mix between a supercar and dtm car.

Comment

He guys, just a small update.
                          My plymouth is ready for paint so I had a little time left for working on the Mr2.
                          Already made a set up for the exhaust.*

And got my centercaps with own logo in this week.

Can't wait to start on the bodywork

Comment

I can't wait to see the body you are creating. The center caps came out nice, I really like the logo.
                            Pedro

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X