No announcement yet.

Aria, my C4 rebody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you get your car with your design soon on the road Scifieart.
    Made a quick google search & i found other designs projects you've made.Looked interesting.

You are young & you have plenty of time to improve & evolve.Just follow your dreams....
    [URL]https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711[/URL]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	diagram-1_zps3gl0tjzz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	385625
      Ok, this should help explain what is actually being done.
      To all who mentioned the door issue, as you can see I didn't actually do anything to them. It seems in that render from that angle the seam isn't visible

Comment

Name:	20160803_153249_zpsgn03orhb.jpg
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	385626

From a week ago. the rear quarters are coming along the back is still very thin and needs work.

Comment

Originally posted by IKAROS View Post
          Hope you get your car with your design soon on the road Scifieart.
          Made a quick google search & i found other designs projects you've made.Looked interesting.

You are young & you have plenty of time to improve & evolve.Just follow your dreams....
          Thanks for the reply, It was your work that inspired me to join this forum after all. hope you didn't find any thing too weird. Been using this handle all over for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scifieart View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]35823[/ATTACH]
            Ok, this should help explain what is actually being done.
            To all who mentioned the door issue, as you can see I didn't actually do anything to them. It seems in that render from that angle the seam isn't visible
            I see from this that Paul's concern about the door opening is resolved, but isn't it going to be inconvenient needing to roll the window down every time it is opened?

Comment

Originally posted by 76mx View Post
              I see from this that Paul's concern about the door opening is resolved, but isn't it going to be inconvenient needing to roll the window down every time it is opened?
              I planed to replace the side windows with lexan, so I could make them the desired shape. From what ive read those don't handle rolling down well though. If that's unbearable, since I drive a subaru svx, i had the idea of taking its really tiny roll down rear windows. Which in 2 years i've never used and mounting them within the hypothetical lexan window.. but i'd rather not. The ac does work now, this would by no means be a daily, and heck the roof comes off anyway. As an aside i'm gonna keep eyeing cars with the desired window shape. like the 350z. which I think could make a good swap. Eager for any advice.

Of course when it comes down do it it's not really necessary to have such a roof cap. If i black out the windows and paint the roof black so it all color blocks together it looks fine too.
              Last edited by Scifieart; 08-05-2016, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I don't know if it's your intent as a game designer, but it reminds me of some of the older batmobiles. The physical body/buck seems a lot sexier than your renderings as well. I don't know if it's because you haven't added the rear spoiler or roof covering, but I like it without. The wheel arch openings appear larger and higher on the body giving it a more aggressive look as well.

Comment

Something to consider. I have this feature in my G and I have seen it in Mustangs. I am sure it's in other cars as well, but...

There is a way to have the window drop when the door is being opened and when it is closed it will slide back up. All done automatically.

Just incorporating this feature could solve the concern with having to roll the windows up and down getting in and out and could allow you to use glass instead of lexan.

Just a thought.
                  [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

If I understand this right and the reason for going to Lexan is to get the correct shape where the new bodywork is, just trim the existing glass window. It is done with a sandblaster. Drape forming Lexan replacement windows will cost a fortune.

Comment

Or Just don't have the thing on the roof. I don't see what purpose it really serves. It looks like the body is just wearing a baseball cap.

Comment

Originally posted by 275NART View Post
                        Or Just don't have the thing on the roof. I don't see what purpose it really serves. It looks like the body is just wearing a baseball cap.
                        I like your solution better than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by 275NART View Post
                          A good point. That is what it looks like. A 90s bat mobile in a ball cap. I did some renders of it without it. looks better. And hey saves me build time.
                          Last edited by Scifieart; 08-05-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Name:	untitled.8s81-2_zpsdqnpd0zc.jpg
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	385630Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.88c3-1_zps4oze3akw.jpg
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	385631Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.881-1_zpseibph79q.jpg
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	385632
                            Ok, this is the car with out the roof cap. I blacked out the roof so it would match the glass. Since the wing extensions I had on the car before were designed to work with the roof cap, without it they aren't really necessary. So they were replaced with some generic fins.
                            The Camaro's rear glass is a good 3/4 inch wider per side than Corvette's side windows. So since I would be left with a gap anyway, I carried the vent I had behind the door already, up and onto the roof. Could probably make a good cabin vent.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X