Dales widebody Mustang build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dales widebody Mustang build

Latest project is an APR wide body 2011 Mustang GT. I'll ad some info and pics as I go along.
    Because most people hate the rear end styling on the '10 -'14 Mustangs, I never really wanted to do one. Then I got a brainwave to buy a rear damaged car and fix it my way.
    [Sort of show Ford what they done wrong] I bought a 2011 GT 5 litre 6 speed hit in the rear. Then I bought a front damaged 08 and I am proceeding to install the rear tail panel and trunk lid. I also need to adapt the wide body kit to fit the new rear configuration.

Pics show my white car and the APR widebody kit installed on a couple cars as supplied by APR website.

OH, BTW, I won't be using the hideous rear APR wing.
    Attached Files
    Daleford
    Last edited by Daleford; 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM. Reason: additional info
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

08 trunk lid and tail panel installed on a '11.
    Copy of a Cervini Stalker rear spoiler widened and installed.
    Copy of an 08 bumper cover widened and installed
    Attached Files

Comment

Front end: Nose piece and front fenders from the APR wide body kit installed along with a Cervini Stalker hood.
      Attached Files

Comment

A lot of cutting, fitting, 'glassing.....
        APR wide quarters adapted to the modified rear
        Lower bumper cover adapted to the earlier generation upper bumper cover.
        Attached Files

Comment

That is looking great!
          [url]www.fiberclassics.org[/url]
          [url]www.miatakitcar.com[/url]

Comment

Got anymore pics? Might be getting a Mustang GT early next year and haven't decided between a 15-16 or a 13-14, since the price of the 11-14s are so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by DKano View Post
              Got anymore pics? Might be getting a Mustang GT early next year and haven't decided between a 15-16 or a 13-14, since the price of the 11-14s are so much better.
              No new pics just yet.
              My advice:
              Get a 13-14 if you want to be seen in a Mustang.
              Get a 15-16 if you want to be seen in a Celica!

Comment

I have to say, I almost bought a GT a while back before I fell in love with my G35.

Now that the G's motor is toast... I was considering swapping the motor and dressing her up.

But this certainly teases the thought of thinking about picking up a wrecked mustang and converting it into something like this.

Food for thought. At the least.

Looking forward to more pics and progress. Great job thus far.
                [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Finally, an update

Finished up all bodywork the other day and test bolted it all together.

[discovered I can't add pics for some reason - will try in a new posting]

Comment

Nope - I can't add pics! I get a small orange and yellow star with a ! in the center.
                    What is wrong?

Comment

I pm'ed you my friend. Hope to see your updates soon. I have been interested in your progress on this project.
                      [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

http://s37.photobucket.com/user/Dale...tml?sort=3&o=4
                        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e1...body%20006.jpg

Comment

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e1...body%20001.jpg
                          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e1...body%20005.jpg

Comment

Wow! That looks impressive.

Have you decided on a color yet?

Any performance or interior upgrades?

Are you sticking with those wheels or getting something else and if so what are you considering?

I assume you will space out the wheels... or will you need to with a wider rear rim and tire setup?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. My curiosity is just pegged.

Well done all around thus far. Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                              Wow! That looks impressive.

Have you decided on a color yet?

Any performance or interior upgrades?

Are you sticking with those wheels or getting something else and if so what are you considering?

I assume you will space out the wheels... or will you need to with a wider rear rim and tire setup?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. My curiosity is just pegged.

Well done all around thus far. Keep the updates coming.

No problem on the questions. I am going white on the sides with black and blue upper areas.
                              No performance upgrades - 412 horse is enough.
                              Those are the wheels/tires being used due to low cost.
                              They are already spaced out. Look at pic ending in 20005.jpg - you will see the edge of the wheels close enough to the fender opening for the girls I date.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X