No announcement yet.

82 version TRON LIGHTCYCLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure am!!!! Actually it was my Christmas present.....and now I have it😆 thanks Nathan!

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
      Now if only we could figure out how to make the beam extend out the back as you drive down the road....

Let's all put our heads together on that one. lol
      Inexpensive projector installed somewhere in the back? It could be programmed to shine a simple beam to stretch along the road a couple of meters behind him.

Comment

• Blinding everyone behind me, lol

Comment

• Note to self...do not drive behind Will on said Tron Lightcycle!

Comment

• Actually, if you angle the projector down and attach a mister that you can activate. It would catch the beam of light and extend out the back while driving without blinding anyone. Just need to figure out a way to make projector and mister inconspicuous.

Disclaimer... Mister may not actually be the proper spelling of the intended word but we are talking about a fictional digital bike made real world... so...
            Last edited by G35Mike; 09-26-2017, 10:02 AM.
            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Misting heads, you spelled it just fine, interesting idea too, btw, I was just kidding about blinding everything behind me 😄

Comment

• lol, Well, if you do get a mock beam to come out the back end... You might have a product worth selling to... ahem... other potential light cyclists???
                [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Thats a scary thought 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by wbnemo1 View Post
                    Thats a scary thought 
                    No not at all. Can we say, Mock Tron light Cycle battle? Oh the possibilities and the meet show would be EPIC. Say between yours and the parker brothers all showing up.

Sorry, my inner geek is getting a little too out of control. I'll restrain myself and allow your thread to return to its normal content.

Comment

• I had a chance to spend a little time with the lightcycle project yesterday. I removed the molds and popped out the main fiberglass body parts. On the top hatch, I applied 1/4" graphic tape to "find" the approximate location of the canopy on the cycle, it's immediately recognizable now, so I took a couple photos. Then I removed the molds from the main body, took a few pics ,and set it on end to see how the hatch looked in close proximity of the body, I'm happy with the results, but i still need to do some grinding to get a great fit, then I'll drop the hatch onto the body and keep it that way to make it stay true to shape and fit. Finally, I laid the main body down horizontal and stood on a small table to get an odd angle photo, I'll be using this one in Autocad to continue figuring out the interior look layout... Anyway,* here are the photos.

Comment

• Imagine that....

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711[/URL]

Comment

• Ouch!,😂kinda want to do the original Tron suit, lol

Comment

• Alive and well, though heartbreaking start of my new year, my mother passed away.😢
                            Today I wanted to try and get the top hatch onto the lower fuselage to see the overall look. Very pleased with the results, sweet looking and now immediately recognizable, 😊

Comment

• First off, My sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. I know the pain all to well as I lost my mother back in 2011. So sorry for you brother.

As for your lightcycle, yes, I am so glad to see it's progress. It does look amazing together. Keep the updates coming.

By the way, NICE HAT!

Comment

• Thank you very much for the that, Mike...it's been tough. Thrustcycles has been in touch with me so I found a new motivation to get the ball rolling on the cycle again, 😊
                                Love Seaquest Dsv, 😆 some of my buddies worked on the show, I even have possession of the Seaquest Dsv maquette of the main submarine. I had it scanned, then Terry and I worked many hours getting all the details accurate to finish up the master patterns for a replica. My buddy Bob then printed out the main parts and proceeded to apply the bioskin webbing pattern i had made for the skin. In the end ,the replica turned out gorgeous, 😆

Last edited by wbnemo1; 04-02-2018, 02:43 PM. Reason: Added context

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X