No announcement yet.

82 version TRON LIGHTCYCLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owners of Thrustcycles have been talking to me about making this work using their gyroscopically balanced cycle as the innards/guts... they've even added my build to their site,got Nathan a credit and Web page link as well, he sure deserves to be be known. Thrustcycles is set to do a press release in the next couple weeks and really want to mention/push my lightcycle, lol..This is getting exciting, to say the least
    Will

http://thrustcycle.com/index.html
    Last edited by wbnemo1; 02-13-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
      Escaperoute, How's it going buddy?
      I'm good! Life has been a whirlwind for the last few months, but it's a good kind of busy. At least i have my vacation coming up, starting this weekend. I'm due for it.

As for the Bike... there are simply no words to express how insanely cool and well done that is!!!

I get more eager to see this come to completion with each update. My friend, keep the updates coming!
      Indeed. I'll be watching this one closely.

Comment

Thanks guys, Nathan is making this happen! I received my lumilor sample shape and it amazing. This paint, when powered up, lights up the whole shape perfectly even. There's even a gk xglow controller that makes it possible to adjust the brightness of the color when powered on...and if that wasn't enough, I just talked to Alsacorp about their "softouch" clear coat urethane and it's compatible with lumilor. This means the final candy finish is tough as nails and the flattest finish available to date,mimicking the final look of the 82 film lightcycle. By the way, I'm going with Tron's cycle, ORANGE

Last edited by wbnemo1; 02-15-2017, 06:08 AM. Reason: Added pics

Comment

More progress pics..hardcoat applied and few coats of primer, time to sand, Nathan is making this happen

Comment

I'm loving this idea and the implementation so far. Are you also doing the hallow wheels front and rear?

Comment

Definitely be the front, still trying to figure out what to do with the rear, though a wheel encapsulation isn't out of the question, since i will have a master casting and mold

Comment

The updates on the bike cant come quick enough. I totally want to see this finished. Oh and the paint and lighting idea... SUPERB choice my friend.
                [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow. Cool project! Not crazy about orange but that's about the only thing.

How will it work? Are you going to use four thin wheels made to look like two?

Comment

The front wheel will be encapsulated on either side creating the wheel sphere as seen the the film.
                    I'm working on finding a rear 38"diameter tire,but have also considered encapsulation of this wheel/rim combination as well. Ted at Spinwurkz has so far been the only Lumilor agent to successfully do Orange. Though I had considered doing Flynns bike (the yellow one), Tron's Orange bike gets the most screen time, so that's another reason to finish it in Orange

Comment

Very cool! But how will the vehicle stay upright on two wheels? Will you have training wheels that come down?

Comment

Been talking to these guys, notice that the lightcycle project is on their website.

Will

http://thrustcycle.com

Comment

Another question if I may. I havent seen the film in a while but the images you have posted seem to indicate the rider is completely inside the bike... am I right on that suggestion and if so, do you need to consider AC?? The bike formed around the on screen actors... now if you could achieve that... lol but with that not being possible, how to you effectively get in and out of the bike?
                          [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes, enclosed fully, the top part will basically lift up and forward like a hatch...here's two crude renderings to show kinda what i mean...a lot like the toy verzion from Tomy and later, Neca and Medicom

Last edited by wbnemo1; 02-28-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I see now. So about that AC... lol

Comment

I think i can pick up a electric fan at Walmart....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X