No announcement yet.

82 version TRON LIGHTCYCLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear it's still on! I don't see the pictures on the site but look forward to seeing updates here.

Comment

Update:
      Nathan's started mold process, SWEET!

Comment

its getting there

Comment

Sure is, and I just talked to Syd Mead....this is getting better and better...

Comment

Here is the finish system I plan to use for the lightcycle

https://youtu.be/KKEU58IbC2A

Comment

Wbnemo, I have a man in Florida that has put a deposit on multiple Chupacabras. He introduced me to this paint and wants to use it on his cars. I have spent much time researching it and have got nowhere. I know that their corporate office is in North Dakota but numerous contact attempts and questions have gone unanswered, even after dropping the hint that I might be a 325 car a year customer. Have you had any better luck? What can you tell me? Does this stuff really exist outside of YouTube? I know that there are several videos, probably the most popular one being the Jeep that changes colors, but here is the problem. Can someone, and that includes the manufacturer, tell me how it is done? And what I need to make it work? And how that electric current goes through bearing grease to illuminate the wheels?
              Last edited by 76mx; 04-03-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Here's the new tron 350z, H20 has a few videos of them applying the system to the 350z,always neat to watch this "come to life", it's like magic....

https://youtu.be/FT-u3vlOfOk

This video explains the system, extreme stuff here...

https://youtu.be/MPaTF9aqqyc
                Last edited by wbnemo1; 04-03-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

76mx, get their sample shape, it's real...i have it sitting on my desk, complete sample, ya plug it in and it lights up like a light bulb. I actually needed to purchase the xkglow controller to be able to decrease the intensity...

Comment

Sample shape basics..I purchased the Orange sample
                    https://youtu.be/VVDOE58PwbY

Comment

WB, thank you, I will order that in the morning. I have another man, a close personal friend locally, who has put a deposit in two Chupacabras, and he wants some of this stuff to do his Z06 wheels now, but I have been reluctant to spend $900 of HIS money without more info. My thought on this was to paint on the Chupacabra tail lights. When they are not lit, they do not exist. I will get that sample and begin to experiment. Thanks again.

Comment

WB, thanks again. Turns out I have been attempting to deal with a company pirating Luminor product, and not doing a very good job of it. I now have the real Luminor from Darkside Scientific and their people at flying in here tomorrow from Germany.

Comment

I was reading your idea you posted about using the Lumilor for taillights instead of actual lamps so the body would be flush and clean but still have lights when the paint is activated.

I am sure you still have to test the idea but in case you haven't already, I had a question.

I have seen where the paint, when illuminated, seems to be bright in a dim room or when it's dark outside... but in full daylight, do you think these would be bright enough?

Also, at night, do you know if there is a way to have the light dim and then brighten for night driving to simulate running lights in the back and then brighten when the breaks are pressed?

In the case of the 350Z and not that I think you are going this far with it, but is light up paint street legal? or does it have to remain off when on the road and if so, how does this affect your tail light idea?

The reason I ask is that, a few years ago I installed a red LED license plate ring on my car and wired it so that it would only illuminate when the breaks were pressed. This, so I thought, would act more like a break light and seeing as the ring did not cover the plate itself in any way, I felt that, even though it was red, it would be considered legal... I was wrong...

So my worry is that the light up tail lights using Lumilor would first, not be bright enough when driven in the daytime and perhaps not legal when used during night driving, especially if the paint lacks the ability to dim when driving and brighten when breaks are pressed to simulate the same effect with running lights in a traditional tail light.

I am sure you have probably considered all this already, I only ask because my curiosity is getting the better of me and my inquiring mind needs to know.
                          Last edited by G35Mike; 04-06-2017, 10:41 AM.
                          [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

I assume its 76mx you are asking, as he's stated doing that ,not me 😁

Comment

My apologies, yes I meant to respond with quote but posted my statement in haste. Sorry about that.
                              [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Cool, i just wasn't sure....Anyway, hope to update this thread soon, Nathan is super busy, I'm guessing

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X