X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/q4NkCm3F5jU

Comment

Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
      I was reading your idea you posted about using the Lumilor for taillights instead of actual lamps so the body would be flush and clean but still have lights when the paint is activated.

I am sure you still have to test the idea but in case you haven't already, I had a question.

I have seen where the paint, when illuminated, seems to be bright in a dim room or when it's dark outside... but in full daylight, do you think these would be bright enough?

Also, at night, do you know if there is a way to have the light dim and then brighten for night driving to simulate running lights in the back and then brighten when the breaks are pressed?

In the case of the 350Z and not that I think you are going this far with it, but is light up paint street legal? or does it have to remain off when on the road and if so, how does this affect your tail light idea?

The reason I ask is that, a few years ago I installed a red LED license plate ring on my car and wired it so that it would only illuminate when the breaks were pressed. This, so I thought, would act more like a break light and seeing as the ring did not cover the plate itself in any way, I felt that, even though it was red, it would be considered legal... I was wrong...

So my worry is that the light up tail lights using Lumilor would first, not be bright enough when driven in the daytime and perhaps not legal when used during night driving, especially if the paint lacks the ability to dim when driving and brighten when breaks are pressed to simulate the same effect with running lights in a traditional tail light.

I am sure you have probably considered all this already, I only ask because my curiosity is getting the better of me and my inquiring mind needs to know.
      Mike, Shawn Mastrain, the CEO of Luminor, and Darren Mieskoshi, their VP of Marketing, were here Friday. You are right, it is not bright enough for a taillight. If it would have been, your other answers would have been that the brake and turn lights have to be DOT approved but not tail and marker lights. Since they are separate lights, there was no need to make it change brightness. I have a Confidentiality Agreement with them and am about to do some development work (read mad scientist), so I cannot comment much more about it, but I will say that anyone building a custom auto of any kind owes it to themselves to take a look at this stuff.

Comment

Mike, besides getting all of the facts, it was also helpful to learn what was fiction. For instance, if that Jeep on YouTube actually existed outside of Photoshop, the cost of the paint alone would be well over $100,000 not counting the labor for applying it.

Comment

As i said, its the ultimate finish for the lightcycle 😁😂

Comment

The entire cycle will light up like lightbulb, I will be able to adjust the brightness with my xkglow controller....

Comment

That's going to be so cool to see in action. I can hardly wait.
              [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow!! Just wanted to say that this build is already and epic and will turn out Awesome. Keep up the great work Will and Nathan. Will keep following this awesome build. It's going to be a retro-futuristic beauty!

Comment

Yup ,getting super excited about this project...

I meant to post this video earlier, i tried, but dropbox "dropped"it, lol... Anyways, this is a rough test video of the flywheel energy accumulator designed and to be used for the lightcycle stabilization system

https://youtu.be/q4NkCm3F5jU

Comment

I talked to Nathan day before yesterday and he's fighting temperatures in his state, but is going to start fiberglassing the starboard side bolster"shoulder" ASAP, weather conditions permitting. He mentioned in a text that he would be starting the glassing yesterday, so we'll see how it fared...As always, can't say enough about Nathan's work here!...

Cheers,
                    Will

Comment

So Nathan has applied the gelcoat and PVA to the main body parts, looking great!!!,hope to have additional progress pics tomorrow as well, great job, Nathan!

Comment

Hats off to Nathan for an exceptional job! Keep the updates coming. I am now in the stage of hunting for progress on this project daily. lol
                        Last edited by G35Mike; 04-12-2017, 09:30 AM.
                        [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Me too !!! ,lol ...just kidding...yep, Nathan's kicking butt and taking names o
                          Last edited by wbnemo1; 04-14-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Now we're movin!... It appears that the "Temperature Gods" have smiled down with approval, we have molds a going! 😁

Comment

Now we're talking!! Awesome sauce! Sorry, couldn't resist. But this gets more and more exciting with each passing update.

Comment

Great news! Can't wait to see this baby pieced together!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X