G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Over the years I have been reading and lurking here, and on other forums. Learned a lot form other members who have failed and some that have succeeded.

Having traveled to look a number of unfinished cars across the country, visted Mike Vetter and Michael Chase, I finally purchased a G28.

This car is based on an 87 Fiero and has a 3800 Series II SC for a power plant.

So many thing to REDO on this car that it can make your head spin around. It will not be a "Simple" project but we will plug away on it.

I will try to post my progress and appreciate any help from others who have gone before!

Thanks
    Simple Man

Pictures??
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RCR View Post
      Pictures??
      I inserted them and uploaded, they came out great! On LC, did the same thing and you can actually see them!
      Last edited by Simple Man; 02-05-2017, 12:07 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The 87 cradle in the car is pretty trashed. So an 88 cradle will be stretched and installed. The engine, which is leaking badly from the crank area, will we resealed.

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:41 AM. Reason: link for picutre

Comment

let see if this works

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?acti...ch=21712;image
          Last edited by Simple Man; 02-15-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/A...-2-106223.html
            In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Originally posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER View Post
              Thanks for the link IKR

Wide track front and rear should be here in two weeks. The 87 cradle that was in the car was cracked and pretty messed up.

Using FieroRog brackets to mount the alternator where the power steering pump was located...yes it was left on the motor when installed.

FieroRog, from pennocks also makes a nice set of Left and right trans mounts and engine mount for the 88 cradle for the swap. Those are in bond and will be here on the 9th of February.

Guess I better get the 88 cradle stretched

Comment

Ha ! a day early !!Got the 3800 swap brackets for the trans and engine in the mail today from FeiroRog over at Pennocks. They dont look like much but they are key to the re-install on the engine from the 87 cradle to the 88.

Comment

Now to stretch the nice 88 cradle hopefully Saturday as I will need some time to get this done... correctly

hate to cut into such a nice looking cradle

Comment

As far as I can tell you cut and stretch it here?

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:43 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

this is a picture of the 87 cradle that was in the car... pretty ugly
                      Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:44 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

mocked it up, about 10.5". A couple of spot welds

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

test fit, then weld. Had to use a come along to pull the frame in as it was off about 1/2 bolt. The rear of the car has no support beam to hold it in place. One will have to be added

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:45 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

Took it back out of the car, and check measurements, and finished the stretch. Overall pleased with the outcome.

Does any diagonal buttress pieces need to be added?

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Engine and trans separated and crank nut off!!
                              will replace, water, oil pump, alternator, ac compressor, oil pan, crank and various other gaskets. Upgrade headers to pace setter ceramics, smaller pulley, thermostat, plugs and pcm upgrade.

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X