Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Man
    replied
    Well it looks like I haven't done anything on the car , but a lot of fiddling around with the outer door skin, fiber glassing sand etc to get the side view mirror to mount. I have had this door skin on the car, off the car so many times

had to add a flange on the upper part of the door, REDO the mirror mounting area, finalized my outer window scraper brackets (3m8115 then FGP). Added some wood blocks and bolts to mount the skin to get a better idea of how it all coming together

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
    wow that rocker panel brings the side profile up ten notches!! Keep the updates coming my friend, your making awesome progress.

Yes the OEM rocker is waaay better!

Leave a comment:

• G35Mike
    replied
    wow that rocker panel brings the side profile up ten notches!! Keep the updates coming my friend, your making awesome progress.

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Originally posted by escaperoute View Post
    Lookin' good!
    thanks man! a slow process, but coming along!

Leave a comment:

• escaperoute
    replied
    Lookin' good!

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Also started on the Install of an OEM fiber glass rocker.

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    While waiting on a cable to do my inner door latch release, Fiber glassed the outer door skin in a few needed areas

The gaps were just to large for just dyna glass

The bottom of the door was also to short.

Also created a little flange on the door skin just above the handle.

Nice thing about fiberglass I can lay it up and go do some yard work, come back and do the next bit

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Test wired the Cadillac Catera power mirror switch to the existing Fiero GT power mirror wiring, then the Murcielago side view mirror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMF2...ature=youtu.be

Soldered up the catera switch to the fiero wiring, nice and neat

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Originally posted by 20below View Post
    Labor of love for sure.
    I know it often seems like the more you do, the more there is to do unfortunately
    20below thanks! for some odd reason I love working on this project Have no idea when its going to get done, LOL

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
    OMG look at that!!! Functional door locks and now a MIRROR is on!!! Dude, that door is starting to look whole! Glad to see you back at it. I know its been a process, but this car is going to be incredible when your done.
    Thanks! G35, A lot going on in the doors!

Leave a comment:

• 20below
    replied
    Labor of love for sure.
    I know it often seems like the more you do, the more there is to do unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• G35Mike
    replied
    OMG look at that!!! Functional door locks and now a MIRROR is on!!! Dude, that door is starting to look whole! Glad to see you back at it. I know its been a process, but this car is going to be incredible when your done.

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    the doors just keep going and going

and still there is more to do .....

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    back from vaca and on to the REDO

Go figure had a little issue with the fiero wiring for the door locks. Not good to have the 12v supply exposed

Made a mount for the MES Swiss made door lock actuator.

Mounted the Chinese door lock control module

Video of the door locks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsAp-LKQZos

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied
    Originally posted by 76mx View Post
    Simple Man, if it is not too late, you might want to check out the PBS-II keyless unit by DigitalGuardDawg,com I have installed many of these and find them to be well suited and tech supported. The five channels are easy to program and give the option for keyfob door poppers and keyfob accent lighting among other things. The lights flash and it has all the other typical functions. It is going to be more pricey but it is exactly what is needed. Also comes with push button start and billet starter button. The adjustable arming is another great feature. Talk to Adam 916-235-9585.
    76, the system I purchased does all I need it to. locks, unlocks and flashes parking lights.
    If the China system fails viper is my next option.

Thks

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X